Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 07-23-2010 08:47 PM
Replies: 2311 (31160 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 04-18-2017 06:55 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Boys and Girls I just got home after a 15 1/2 hour day painting the corvette and well here it is done!

I think my eyes are going to be yellow for a week! I refuse to paint another yellow car ever again what a pain in the ass! every little piece of fuzz floating in the air seems to be drawn to it grrrrrr and bugs love it too@@#@#%%!!!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 10-09-2010).]

IP: Logged
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good thing I chose black, HUH?

Looks silky smooth and awesome!

Steve
3.1 88FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.1 88FieroGTSend a Private Message to 3.1 88FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey just a Thought but we should make a Facebook profile?
Bigjake34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Facebook page would be a good idea. On another note, I need to know when I should start to worry? Ok, 3 weeks ago I my friends ordered different headers for my swap. They ordered Sanderson headers. They were told they would be there in a week. It is now over 3 weeks. They called the vendor and were told they were backordered. How long do I wait til I get involved? I am bankrolling this project, and the guys are ordering. I don't think my friends are ripping me off. Besides they know I'm a trained killa. On the same line, I ordered those damn hubs from West Coast Fiero. They are almost a week late. I called the dude, same story they are back ordered. Anyone have any experiance with West Coast or Sanderson?

Me
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jets and I did this today.

Sunday it will be black!!!

Steve
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigjake34:
Besides they know I'm a trained killa.

Me

I vote we put you in charge of club security.

On a serious note, I have no clue on the vendors. Sorry. I guess I'm not much help there. Did they tell you how long they will be back ordered?
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well West Coast said in a few days...a week ago and from what my friends said about sanderson they would be shipping in a week..2weeks ago...lol IDK
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well guys, Jetsnvettes2000 came up today and he laid down 2 coats of black metallic and 2 coats of clear! It looks awesome!!
Now to assemble VEEEEEEERRRRRYYYYYY carefully.

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey steve post these pics in the thread what did you do to your fiero today!
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW ! the paint looks awesome!

Hey Rob, I'm thinking I'm going to take your advice and make my own front bumper cover out of fiberglass. I'm looking for some advice on setting up a mold and what I'll be needing to do. I've never made a mold but I have worked with fiberglass before. any help/advice would be appreciated

------------------
BLACKKER 1988 choptop v8

http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/

N.I.F.E. member #461 Chris M
http://www.fierofocus.com/

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 10-11-2010).]

scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you guys rock. I'm getting motivated to part out/sell my overpowered Z24, and build the fiero instead!
PFF
System Bot
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigjake34:

A Facebook page would be a good idea.

Has anyone started this page yet? If not i will
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ramsespride

1979 posts
Member since Feb 2010
Hey all.

A Friend of mines car took a bust recently and we are trying to find him a new car and it just so happens that he is a Fiero Fan.

does anyone have a Fiero that runs and drives but needs work for under $600?

He dosnt care what color, year, or how many miles as long as it runs and he can learn to work on it.
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I checked all over Craigslist. I found one for 600 it is in northern wi. It had pics and looked pretty rough though. It is also a very old ad early sept. so it is prolly gone. but here is the link.
Sorry i wanst more help, but my resources are limited...lol

http://northernwi.craigslis.../cto/1959378688.html

Jake
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

WOW ! the paint looks awesome!

Hey Rob, I'm thinking I'm going to take your advice and make my own front bumper cover out of fiberglass. I'm looking for some advice on setting up a mold and what I'll be needing to do. I've never made a mold but I have worked with fiberglass before. any help/advice would be appreciated

yup no prob what you need to do is make your plug first basically the mockup front bumper it can be made of anything and dosent have to hold together verry well it just has to last long enough for the resin to dry and it has to be flawlessly smooth or your new piece will be not so great,
basically make your bumper and then paint it and wetsand it and polish it then get a few cans of spray on mold release
I have some u can have and spray it all over it then just spray on a few coats of gelcoat or resin and then start layin fiberglass cloth and resin all over it and when it drys use a airblower to separate the mold from the plug and wash the mold out w soap and water and look it over u will also need to add stiffner boards to the back of it so it dosent distort. then now it the tricky part making the bumper from it u need to spray in some moire mold release and then spray in a thick coat of gelcoat and then start layin up the fiberglass id use a combo of chop glass and mat to get into all the little cracks and folds u will prob go thru 4 to five gallons of resin thru this projecy but will have a mold that can be used many times after their is cheaper easier ways to do it but i woulnt cut corners or in long run u will have a bumper that cracks and fails over time make the glass at least 3/16 thick.
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Rob, that paint looks awesome! I want black as well but no metallic for me. From those pics it looks to be glass smooth, very nice work. If you can help me with the prep and spray that would be great. This Friday I'm going to Wallys I think to get a bcm for my Grand Am GT, I want to have the keyless remote feature and my car didn't come with that so I need a different controller. I'm also thinking of getting ready to put the lowering springs and perches on the black bmw before it gets put away for the winter. I also want to start messing with the upper rear quarters on the choptop to line them back up with the raised beltline door panels. I'm also thinking of making the top half of the door panels out of fiberglass as well. I have too many projects right now, and not enough time. How's your gt coming along?

------------------
BLACKKER 1988 choptop v8

http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/

N.I.F.E. member #461 Chris M
http://www.fierofocus.com/

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello Rob, that paint looks awesome! I want black as well but no metallic for me. From those pics it looks to be glass smooth, very nice work. If you can help me with the prep and spray that would be great. This Friday I'm going to Wallys I think to get a bcm for my Grand Am GT, I want to have the keyless remote feature and my car didn't come with that so I need a different controller. I'm also thinking of getting ready to put the lowering springs and perches on the black bmw before it gets put away for the winter. I also want to start messing with the upper rear quarters on the choptop to line them back up with the raised beltline door panels. I'm also thinking of making the top half of the door panels out of fiberglass as well. I have too many projects right now, and not enough time. How's your gt coming along?

shure no prob ill shoot it for ya!
hey look in the car that is next to were the gt used to be think the gt door panels are in it when ur at wallys
ill do the final body work on the chop for ya so its straight. Far as my car havent had time to work on it maby after the vet is done ill get on it but its going up by steve soon for the winter i am making the custom hubs soon tho, just worked the week for free so i can use shop time and machinist. I may be lookin for another job soon tho boss was tellin me today his kids are preshuring him into lookin into job shopin our painting out they seem to have a real issue with me being in so tight w their dad building all these cars for him ugh! guess ill have to open my shop up sooner than i thought if they get their way! but then later today he and his wife came up to me and asked if id sighn on for two more car builds possibly even a third, Ill be building a 1930 ford pickup truck custom hotrod next then a 1929 model a sedan streetrod after that one both sittin on custom chassis and both lowerd bodys over the frame and choped roofs 4" this will be new territory for me doing them ive typically done cars from 60's up and mostly glass cars guess i had to get into old iron somtime!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 10-11-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Originally posted by Ramsespride:

Has anyone started this page yet? If not i will

hey rams make it I suck at facebook it seems to hate me lol!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
More pics of steves car

snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Um wow@the paint. I'm gonna tell Scott that you guys need to paint his Fiero when it's ready, lol.

Want to do some Beretta bumpers and side skirts? lol.

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by snowblindburd:

Um wow@the paint. I'm gonna tell Scott that you guys need to paint his Fiero when it's ready, lol.

Want to do some Beretta bumpers and side skirts? lol.

shure! but it will have to wait till spring im runnin outa good weather to paint in
PFF
System Bot
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Um, guys....Rob did an awesome job sanding, priming and painting my car and I would recommend his work to anyone!

I am greatful for knowing Rob and owe him BIG time!

Steve
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Club Page is made and invites were sent to everyone that im friends with that is Fiero related. If you arnt in my Friends list add me and you will be promptly invited

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1594590180 --- Me homepage

http://www.facebook.com/pro...1412865904993&v=wall -- Ze Page
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey rams maby start a new topic in genral chat inviting everyone to join it and link their club facebooks to it
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

shure! but it will have to wait till spring im runnin outa good weather to paint in

Haha of course. I wasn't expecting it anytime soon, she goes away to hide from winter in a few weeks anyhow =).

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys, don't forget about the forum page on our website. Start a build thread there for the paint job! It looks great!
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics posted on the club web page of the prep and paint of my car.

Steve
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look great!!!
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Het Rob I'm going to Wally's tomorrow. I'll let you know if those door panels are there

------------------
BLACKKER 1988 CHOPTOP V8

Local club http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/
Facebook club page http://www.facebook.com/gro...?gid=141412865904993
N.I.F.E. member #461 Chris M http://www.fierofocus.com/

Driven5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Driven5Send a Private Message to Driven5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ramsespride:

Club Page is made and invites were sent to everyone that im friends with that is Fiero related. If you arnt in my Friends list add me and you will be promptly invited
We need to talk! If your phone number is still the same, please answer...Or at least return calls/messages. Otherwise please unblock me from PM'ing you so that we can discuss.

[This message has been edited by Driven5 (edited 10-15-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Het Rob I'm going to Wally's tomorrow. I'll let you know if those door panels are there

cool did ya find them?
PFF
System Bot
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Rob they are gone. They've done ALOT of shuffling/clearing out since the Fiero was in there. I wasn't able to find the bcm I was looking for but I did find all I need to add the later model electronic cruise control to my car, no vacuum cans for me. I had an injury at work so I was unable to play with my car though so no progress there

edited for spelling
------------------
BLACKKER 1988 CHOPTOP V8

Local club http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/
Facebook club page http://www.facebook.com/gro...?gid=141412865904993
N.I.F.E. member #461 Chris M http://www.fierofocus.com/

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 10-16-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry Rob they are gone. They've done ALOT of shuffling/clearing out since the Fiero was in there. I wasn't able to find the bcm I was looking for but I did find all I need to add the later model electronic cruise control to my car, no vacuum cans for me. I had an injury at work so I was unable to play with my car though so no progress there

edited for spelling

Hey Chris no problem I have been super sick all week and still am gettin my ass kicked by this infection I got going, but Ive decided to just finish my door panel mod since ive gotten a bit caught up on all my projects except the parents vette I need to take a bit of me time I think and well thats what I am going to use it on! so no biggie u coulnt find them was a shot in the dark anyway!
On another note I think tomorrow nite after I get home I think im gona go turn on the heat in the ol shop and start workin on my hub modification, I need to get those rear wheel bearing assemblys apart so I can get them in the machine shop this week since I just spent the last two weeks workin all those extra hours for free to have the mods done! I cant wait ill have the only fiero with 5X112 bolt patren and no wheel adapters or spacers! yes ill do a build thread.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 10-16-2010).]

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well today I got the door panels on, the front fenders and nose. I also painted the rest of the trim and marker lights. The other night I installed the rear bumper and tail lights. Waiting till I get some help to install the hood and deck lid. It is looking real nice! I will take some pics tomorrow.

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Well today I got the door panels on, the front fenders and nose. I also painted the rest of the trim and marker lights. The other night I installed the rear bumper and tail lights. Waiting till I get some help to install the hood and deck lid. It is looking real nice! I will take some pics tomorrow.

Steve

hey thought u were busy today! I would have come up and helped finish her up whatcha got going on tomorrow?
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I got an update from my friends...the fiero has a motor installed. They sent me video of the break in on the engine stand. He emailed me that the engine is now installed. they are awaiting exhaust and braided lines. They did have an issue with Archie's balancer but it was minor and all fixed. I guess it needed a spacer. The video is awsome. If i get a chance i'll post it on youtube and paste the link. I'm stoked. They figured a week or 2 and it will be driving. Then off to paint. They said they are going to send me more pics soon plus a video of the first start up in the car and a burnout. I can't wait.
Oh and the thread needed a bump anyway.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool, glad to see another club car gettin on the road soon we will have more running than not for a change!! steve has his almost together now, mine has been on road, and chris is gettin closer too hmmm cool beans!!! time for a cruise before snow flys!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 10-18-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
hey jake when do they ship ya home?
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They try to keep us in the dark a bit about dates of movement. They are concerned about rumors and security. I can tell you I will be home(fort campbell) in mid to late Jan. Will prolly pick up the beast in Feb so i can do the interior. I will be in wisconsin for leave soon after i get back. I hope to see y'all then We'll have a beverage. I'll keep y'all updated.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn, if i windup keeping my Fiero im gonna have to have you paint it Rob. When is the cruise planned?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock