Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  TurboTec's 85GT LS4 build thread (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
TurboTec's 85GT LS4 build thread by TurboTec
Started on: 04-12-2010 08:58 AM
Replies: 101 (4830 views)
Last post by: TurboTec on 10-12-2015 12:04 AM
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey pm me your number ...i lost my phone and had to get a new one ~~~~Tom

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

IP: Logged
Isolde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
TurboTec

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboTecClick Here to visit TurboTec's HomePageSend a Private Message to TurboTecEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hardpact:

Hey pm me your number ...i lost my phone and had to get a new one ~~~~Tom

Tom, sent you my number...

Isolde, thanks for the offer...

TurboTec

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboTecClick Here to visit TurboTec's HomePageSend a Private Message to TurboTecEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

TurboTec

64 posts
Member since Feb 2010
Man my dealer sux... Took him a half hour to find a part number for a 2006 Corvette valley cover seal. He must of asked me 5 times if I knew the VIN number of the car I was working on. Every time I told him the same thing "This is for a custom build, I pulled the motor from a scrapyard out of a 2006 Corvette" He then just shook his head and went back to starring at the screen... LOL

"I found it" he said... I don't have it in stock but I can get it here by Monday"

"It's $53.82 and the O rings are $5.75 a piece, would you like me to order them?"

I just looked at him in shock and quietly said no thank you and went home... WOW $99.83? Seriously?

http://www.gmpartsgiant.com...gasket-12558178.html

So I'm going with this gasket and tap the oil ports with an 1/8th NPT and install plugs.

Still waiting on my LS7 lifters anyway...
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-06-2010 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see some progress over here! I've got my enigne mostly tore down now too.

I got an LS2 valley cover on eBay. It was new and came with gaskets and bolts.
TurboTec

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboTecClick Here to visit TurboTec's HomePageSend a Private Message to TurboTecEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Nice to see some progress over here! I've got my enigne mostly tore down now too.

I got an LS2 valley cover on eBay. It was new and came with gaskets and bolts.

Yea, I bought mine on eBay as well but I thought "Hell for 29 bucks I can just get gaskets at the dealer" Riiighttttt...

Dobey are you using the LS2 TB? I think I'm going to make an adapter to keep the stock TB and MAF. I Don't think I'll gain much over stock since I'm going turbo and the charge air piping will be smaller diameter as well...

Frank
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-07-2010 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TurboTec:
Yea, I bought mine on eBay as well but I thought "Hell for 29 bucks I can just get gaskets at the dealer" Riiighttttt...

Dobey are you using the LS2 TB? I think I'm going to make an adapter to keep the stock TB and MAF. I Don't think I'll gain much over stock since I'm going turbo and the charge air piping will be smaller diameter as well...

Frank

Yep, I am using the LS2 TB and intake.
TurboTec

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboTecClick Here to visit TurboTec's HomePageSend a Private Message to TurboTecEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: Well im ready to get back into this project. My job has kept me busy (Thankfully) with no time to spare for this project besides buying parts on eBay during conference calls at the office... LOL

I've got most everything to complete the LS2 intake swap and DOD delete just waiting for the weather to get above 40 or so to get back at it...

Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gmpartsgiant is great for finding the part number by application, but they only give the last 6 digits, not all 8.
So from there I check the GMPP online catalog to find likely numbers for the first 2, then I get even better prices from www.gmpartsdirect.com.
Like for example, something giant lists for $166, I found direct has it for $129.
Like the TV ads say, "Switch and save!"

[This message has been edited by Isolde (edited 02-24-2011).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2011 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My ls4 is water to air intercooled, but I have a 10" engine bay stretch. The drues intercooler set up is what I would look at in a stock fiero ls4 engine compartment. I wonder what the next generation fiero engine swap will be. Thank god for us mid engine hot rodders that the Fiero exists. Keep it up!
TurboTec

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboTecClick Here to visit TurboTec's HomePageSend a Private Message to TurboTecEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

My ls4 is water to air intercooled, but I have a 10" engine bay stretch. The drues intercooler set up is what I would look at in a stock fiero ls4 engine compartment. I wonder what the next generation fiero engine swap will be. Thank god for us mid engine hot rodders that the Fiero exists. Keep it up!

Hey I checked out your Ls4 valve cover thread. Have you installed it yet? The stock LS4 FWD's with that kit put down ~500RWHP... You will have one nice ride when your finished. I would like to see more pictures if you got them.

I wished I had 10" of stretch... No really... LOL
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2011 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah kevin claims 500 whp at 12 lbs boost with this kit. With 22% transmission loss that computes to 640 crank hp. Some of us are skeptical of that. Since I have an ice resorvoir in my intercooler system I figure I can safely put in another 3 lbs. We shall see, The dyno will tell. We're shooting for a late March completion. There is a lot more we're doing to it.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 02-26-2011).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2011 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news on this one?
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2011 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine or turbo-techs? I would like to hear more on turbo-techs too. Mine has been running for a while now. We need to download some info to Joes laptop so that he can send it to Kevin for his final tune, then to the dyno. When we asked Kevin about 15 lbs with the ice cooled intercooler he said that we would need stronger valve springs to do that.
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2011 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

Mine or turbo-techs? I would like to hear more on turbo-techs too. Mine has been running for a while now. We need to download some info to Joes laptop so that he can send it to Kevin for his final tune, then to the dyno. When we asked Kevin about 15 lbs with the ice cooled intercooler he said that we would need stronger valve springs to do that.

Well, it's his thread, so his. Just bumping for info. And yeah, if you plan on taking yours above about 6000 RPM, I'd suggest some major changes to the LS4. Mainly a DoD-delete and better springs. The DoD lifters aren't really designed to to go beyond about 6200. GMPP race lifters/springs should let you go up to about 8000 though.
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything lately?
dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-18-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think he fell by the wayside.
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2013 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything new with this swap?
TurboTec

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboTecClick Here to visit TurboTec's HomePageSend a Private Message to TurboTecEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iluvsd619:

Anything new with this swap?

Well... allot has happened since my last update. I accepted a promotion within my company to manage a gas turbine testing facility in Calgary AB. So I sold my house, most of my projects and moved countries, across the content to Alberta Canada. Its been almost 2 years in our new house, we are mostly settled and normal is starting to return to our daily life. The car is in transit as I type and I hope to be continuing my LS4 Fiero build soon. Updates to follow...

[This message has been edited by TurboTec (edited 02-07-2015).]

dobey

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2015 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. After two years. I thought this thread fell into the archives already. Looking forward to updates on it.
LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2015 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the neighborhood!

------------------
10.263 @ 134.44MPH - 1.49 60'
Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, ARP Rod bolts, otherwise stock L36.

Old M90 XP Cam time -
11.425 @115.60
1.543 60'

PFF
System Bot
TurboTec

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2015 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboTecClick Here to visit TurboTec's HomePageSend a Private Message to TurboTecEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LFiero67:

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Thanks, we just rolled through Lethbridge with the Fiero in tow yesterday. I forgot how much stuff there was besides the car... LOL

Frank
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock