Started on: 01-20-2010 07:35 PM
Replies: 246 (9342 views)
Last post by: Jim88GT on 02-02-2024 06:55 PM
TheRealShadowX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
This is not in a Viper, what is it in????

I would say it's a mid 50's Mercury, based on the grill and hood shape. I would've said Vette too but that seems to have already been denied.

------------------
"He took my stapler. I could burn this building down."

[This message has been edited by TheRealShadowX (edited 01-30-2011).]

IP: Logged
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

This is not in a Viper, what is it in????

Posted for Jim, Narration by Archie

To me the way the hood meets the engine compartment and the depth of the fender to tire makes me want to say MG but that would be a suicide machine!!!
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

To me the way the hood meets the engine compartment and the depth of the fender to tire makes me want to say MG but that would be a suicide machine!!!

That dash is so distinctive, and familiar. Where have I seen it before?

------------------

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Latest update - got my hood reinstalled today after getting a friend who woks at a bodyshop to duplicate the hoodscoop on Skitimes car - that's been my favorite hood on Pennocks since I saw it several years ago. It's also functional and vents the nose to keep the headlight doors down at high speed - we'll have to see how it works in the real world this summer The car is scheduled to go to OUTLAWS Rod and Custom next week for a paint job - so far it will be the only Choptop wearing the color I've chosen. I'll send Archie and Curly pics to post when it's done.

Jim

You have to be getting pretty excited to know that you're about to get that paint job you've been waiting for.

We can't wait to see it.

Archie
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea Jim, can't wait to see it.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim you gonna run her down for Daytona ?
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Jim you gonna run her down for Daytona ?

Afraid not - too many things to get done here, plus I already have a June Florida vacation trip planned - sorry

Jim
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Need help - A friend wants to use the same decklid vent I installed, but it's been 7-9 years since I bought mine off EBAY and I can't remember who made it - anyone have any info to help me track down another one? Thanks!

Jim
kellisor20

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kellisor20Send a Private Message to kellisor20Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kahines has them for ya.

I still cant figure out what that viper motor is in, but I can say i'd love to see it in a fiero!

------------------
86 2.8 gt

shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the viper motor is in a ford product you can tell by the dash shape
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kellisor20:

Kahines has them for ya.

I still cant figure out what that viper motor is in, but I can say i'd love to see it in a fiero!

Thanks - I'll pass it along to my friend so he can get one ordered.

Jim
PFF
System Bot
kellisor20

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kellisor20Send a Private Message to kellisor20Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No problem at all, and ya gotta send kahines the money via paypal. He isn't good at answering emails or anything, but everybody says you get the product very quickly after payment. He's one of those people who have a job, and do that on the side.

------------------
86 2.8 gt

[This message has been edited by kellisor20 (edited 02-12-2011).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kellisor20

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kellisor20Send a Private Message to kellisor20Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet that would sound a whole new kind of mean in a fiero. That would be combing my dream car, with my car that has so much planned. For some reason I want to really go out on a limb, and ask if its a ford galaxie.

------------------
86 2.8 gt

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kellisor20:

I bet that would sound a whole new kind of mean in a fiero. That would be combing my dream car, with my car that has so much planned. For some reason I want to really go out on a limb, and ask if its a ford galaxie.

Nope, sorry.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While we are waiting for some pics of Jim's car you can keep guessing.

This Green convertable was on display at the same show too.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#010 stripped down and in for paint.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-14-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I spy a new chin spoiler ! Pretty cool.

Can't wait to see what color Jim is going with.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 04:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

That dash is so distinctive, and familiar. Where have I seen it before?

Corvair dash, looks like.

PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The viper engine is in the blue car in the bottom pic...

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 02-18-2011).]

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a few more

I went to check it out yesterday, wow, they are doing a great job. It is going to be a huge change from what is was. Lots of new body pieces going on.

Rob
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 05:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

That's a Mercury! I guessed Mercury at the top of the page!

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Good observation, now maybe someone will get it.

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

That's a Mercury! I guessed Mercury at the top of the page!

That was a wrong guess. Then & now

I've shown a picture of the car & I can only think of 2 more clues.

I was built before most people here were born & Google is your friend.

Archie
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Around 56, a Desoto.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weaselbeak:

Around 56, a Desoto.

There you go, Thanks.

Desoto Fireflite

A
outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a couple more shots, panels just sitting on the car and not bolted on yet.

------------------
Asa J Wilson

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by outlaws:

Here are a couple more shots, panels just sitting on the car and not bolted on yet.

Yeah, lookin' good.

The Yellow looks great with those wheels.

Archie
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Asa,

Thanks for posting - I wish my schedule wasn't so crazy right now - I have to get over there and see it - maybe Thursday or Friday late afternoon if I can get off work, but Saturday for sure if I can't. Need to bring you the new taillight assemblies.

Jim

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim you ever think about adding some rockers like the one's whodeanie makes to go along with your side vents ?

Your car looks amazing BTW. Great choice on color.
PFF
System Bot
outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Asa,

Thanks for posting - I wish my schedule wasn't so crazy right now - I have to get over there and see it - maybe Thursday or Friday late afternoon if I can get off work, but Saturday for sure if I can't. Need to bring you the new taillight assemblies.

Jim

No problem Jim - I will be at the shop till about 9pm on Tuesday and Thursday if that works for you.
Asa

------------------
Asa Wilson
Outlaws Rod & Custom
http://outlawsrc.com

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Asa. The Fiero club is looking to stop over next month. I'll call you with the details.

rob
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No problem Jim - I will be at the shop till about 9pm on Tuesday and Thursday if that works for you.
Asa

Thursday it is We close on the house Wednesday, so I'm due for a little stress relief!

Jim
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim88GT

712 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by exoticse:

Jim you ever think about adding some rockers like the one's whodeanie makes to go along with your side vents ?

Your car looks amazing BTW. Great choice on color.

Yes - I thought about it a lot - back and forth - finally decided to go with the less is more philosophy, since I was adding the chin spoiler and the hood mods - I do like whodeanies setup though! Thanks for the compliments!

Jim
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes - I thought about it a lot - back and forth - finally decided to go with the less is more philosophy, since I was adding the chin spoiler and the hood mods - I do like whodeanies setup though! Thanks for the compliments!

Jim

I'm glad you passed on the idea. If anything-use you your own design instead of the Ferrari.

outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some updates:

------------------
Asa Wilson
Outlaws Rod & Custom
http://outlawsrc.com

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Our 1st choptop fastback in yellow.
kellisor20

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kellisor20Send a Private Message to kellisor20Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That yellow fits much better with those rims than the white. Great build.

------------------
86 2.8 gt

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2011 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great updates! The wheels never seemed to do it for me before, but now with that yellow they look ten times better to me. I like the 'less is more' philosophy, its worked great so far!

edit: ha, that post above mine was not there when I wrote this up, but great minds must think alike!

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 02-23-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock