Started on: 01-20-2010 07:35 PM
Replies: 246 (9361 views)
Last post by: Jim88GT on 02-02-2024 06:55 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
Good to see someone finally found a place to order true mandrel bent exhaust piping.......

Too bad you've got nothing else to do but follow me around being a jerk.

IP: Logged
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Too bad you've got nothing else to do but follow me around being a jerk.

Just commenting killer.....Your shop has come a long ways with things in the last few years. Good to see.....
mooneyz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mooneyzSend a Private Message to mooneyzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Eagle has landed.

Glad you made it safely. You look like you are 10' tall beside that "go-kart"! Looking forward to a ride in the new and "improved" #10! Make sure you get air bags and a roll bar to help with all that new G-Force (I might need a helmet too)!!!! Have a good time at Archie's...miss 'ya!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2010 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

outlaws

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome Archie and Jim!

[This message has been edited by outlaws (edited 03-09-2010).]

mooneyz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mooneyzSend a Private Message to mooneyzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by outlaws:

Awesome Archie and Jim!

Jim, I know you are grinning now!!!! You guys have done a great job getting that HUGE engine in that little car...keep up the pics and the great work!
McNasty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McNastySend a Private Message to McNastyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what side scoops do you have?
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea buddy, we get to see it next weekend........ you got to make a trip over to Bob's when you get back, I HAVE to have a ride in this one. Im saving my money, only $10000 to go.... Yea. I'll be in one in 3-4 years......... can't wait.

Looking good Jim.

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, 1996 3.4 DOHC and a GT clip

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sweet!!!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your going to love it, Hey Archie how many chop top LSx's do we have on the road now.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Your going to love it, Hey Archie how many chop top LSx's do we have on the road now.

Off the top of my head, I couldn't say right now.

I'll figure it out later today.

I'm sure it's less than 25

Archie
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by McNasty:

what side scoops do you have?

They're homemade - local friend who works in a body shop helped make them.

Jim
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim88GT

712 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by outlaws:

Awesome Archie and Jim!

Thanks - I'll have your 383 to you soon! Taking lots of pics to help you on the CT and wiring.

Jim
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim88GT

712 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Yea buddy, we get to see it next weekend........ you got to make a trip over to Bob's when you get back, I HAVE to have a ride in this one. Im saving my money, only $10000 to go.... Yea. I'll be in one in 3-4 years......... can't wait.

Looking good Jim.

Rob

Thanks - Where are we meeting this month?

Jim

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim88GT

712 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by troyboy:

Looking forward to more power/better gearing! Hope to do initial startup today.

Jim
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2010 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Looking forward to more power/better gearing! Hope to do initial startup today.

Jim

Forget the Oscar's. Let the show begin!
mooneyz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mooneyzSend a Private Message to mooneyzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Sweet!!!

Engine lookin' good in that "compact area"!!!! Make sure Archie left room for GOLF CLUBS in the trunk! Hope you have gotten all the "bugs" out and have taken it for a test drive today.
Sounds like the "club guys" are ready to go for a ride!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We got a lot of static testing done yesterday & about 10 miles test driving.

Not much to take pics of yesterday but have some pics of the exhaust system I'll post.

Doing final reassembly of the interior, coil covers, A/C connections & recharging & deck lid installation this morning.

A full day of test driving this afternoon.

More pics & video tonight.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2010 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Sweet.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The LS376 swap to Chop Top #10 is complete.

The 1st 5 day LS V-8 swap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91DXt38LHeA

Archie
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations Jim that is bad#ss !

Nice video Archie ! Oh yeah the install is not too shabby either. hehehe
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question; how much of a weight savings compared to the previous V8 engine?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Question; how much of a weight savings compared to the previous V8 engine?

I don't have anything capable of weighing the the cradle/SBCengine/trans we removed & the cradle/LS3engine/trans that we installed.

However, some time ago, I looked up the weight difference between a cast iron SBC block & an Aluminium SBC block & the difference was about 85#.

So I'd say the car lost about 85#.

Archie
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
kick a$$ Jim, can't wait to see it. Safe trip home.

Rob
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2010 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Was the side glass windows installed? Pics?

sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep convincing myself I dont want to chop my car, and then I watch video of one and it starts all over again. What a beautiful car, and a great engine swap. Kudos to everyone on this one.

Cheers,
Rich
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Made it back safe and sound - drove straight through from Rockford (open trailer) and got in here around 3:30AM - rained the whole way, so I have some major cleanup to do before any shows. Thanks to Archie, Rob and Chris for thier hard work getting it done in 5 days!

Jim
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any looks while on the road?
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any looks while on the road?

Lots of thums up and smiles and camera phone pics It makes changing lanes a PITA - the gawkers stay even with the trailer and you're boxed in! Every gas stop takes extra time to answer questions

Jim
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please, tell me (during your brief test drive) how does it feel compared to the previous V8? Are you attending D10 in FL?
PFF
System Bot
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Please, tell me (during your brief test drive) how does it feel compared to the previous V8? Are you attending D10 in FL?

Smoother down low, stronger by far up to 1/2 throttle, which is as far as we went until I get some break in miles on the engine/clutch. Sixth gear with the larger tires also gives a nice highway overdrive. The new exhaust has a deeper, more mellow sound which I like better than the old straight thru mufflers. I plan on driving/enjoying it a lot from now on! No D10 - too far away (11 hours each way). I am going to try to make it to Carlisle with our local club this summer.

Jim
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Smoother down low, stronger by far up to 1/2 throttle, which is as far as we went until I get some break in miles on the engine/clutch. Sixth gear with the larger tires also gives a nice highway overdrive. The new exhaust has a deeper, more mellow sound which I like better than the old straight thru mufflers. I plan on driving/enjoying it a lot from now on! No D10 - too far away (11 hours each way). I am going to try to make it to Carlisle with our local club this summer.

Jim

Thanks. I called the owner of #025 today (David) and he too isn't bringing his car, but will attend the show. I guess D10 won't have any chop tops in attendance... again.
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, after 10 days of cleaning to get the tow slop all cleaned up, I look forward to chalking up some break-in mileage on # 10 this weekend. We did the indoor kart racing at Va Beach last Saturday for our monthly club meeting and had a blast as usual

Jim
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, after 10 days of cleaning to get the tow slop all cleaned up, I look forward to chalking up some break-in mileage on # 10 this weekend. We did the indoor kart racing at Va Beach last Saturday for our monthly club meeting and had a blast as usual

Jim

Yea, until I get black flagged. WTF. But it was fun. im still sore from getting hit.

Rob
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's April. We need updates.
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's April. We need updates.

Took it out to the 1st cruize in of the seadson Friday night - lots of really nice cars in a wide variety. Best comment from a guy upon coming around the back of the car and seeing the engine ....... HOLY SH#%!!

Took my wife for her first ride in the upgraded #10 to a friends retirement party yesterday - about 3 hours driving total - no problems - she said it runs way better than the old version did

Jim
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Took my wife for her first ride in the upgraded #10 to a friends retirement party yesterday - about 3 hours driving total - no problems - she said it runs way better than the old version did

Jim

Sound like a cool sound bit for a Viagra commerical.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim you going to make it to the "wild wheels weekend"? Hope to see it soon.

Rob
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Jim you going to make it to the "wild wheels weekend"? Hope to see it soon.

Rob

Weather permitting - of course, you're welcome to stop by any evening while I'm mowing!

Jim
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock