CT # 10 Update by Jim88GT
Started on: 01-20-2010 07:35 PM
Replies: 246 (9342 views)
Last post by: Jim88GT on 02-02-2024 06:55 PM
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, it’s time for #10 to return to it’s birthplace for an upgrade – I’ll be returning to Archies shop in the near future to have the glass side windows installed and the 383 Ram Port with 5 speed replaced by a 476/480 LS3 6 speed combo I need to know if anyone in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area has a car trailer I might borrow or rent for the round trip – I hate wasting $ on Uhaul! A heads up to you V8 swappers - the current drive train will be available in the mall as a complete package including the cradle as soon as the dates for the trip firm up. It would be great if whoever snags it and can pick up at Archies to save me hauling it home, but I could drop it off along the way if necessary. More details to follow as plans progress.

Jim
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good Jim. Any pics?

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curley,

Emailed you one - I need to dig up some additional shots to post when I put it in the mall (if I can ever get PIP to work)

Jim
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Curley,

Emailed you one - I need to dig up some additional shots to post when I put it in the mall (if I can ever get PIP to work)

Jim

Still awaiting pics. When is the date of your vist to V8Archie's?
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim, your parts got here yesterday.

Archie
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Still awaiting pics. When is the date of your vist to V8Archie's?

Shooting for March, if we get all the planets aligned properly! Pm me your current email address - I sent several pics and I need to verify I've got the correct one.

Jim

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I sent several pics and I need to verify I've got the correct one.

Jim

Does somebody need a V8? Thanks jscott

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump for some Archie pics - The 383/Getrag/cradle has a buyer in Virginia

Jim
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where does the exhaust from the firewall side go?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well we're started on getting the parts ready for the swap.

We're doing the needed LSx swap mods to the cradle & We got the new LS376-480 engine out of the crate.

Here's a few pics, more tomorrow.

Archie
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Where does the exhaust from the firewall side go?

Loops under the front (water pump end) of the engine, through the Cat, muffler and resonator tips
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update:

We've got the engine/transmisison mockup mounted to the engine cradle & now the cradle is ready to send out for powdercoating.

We've also completed building the exhaust for the car. It will go out for ceramic coating so it will be ready when the car gets here.

The LSD for the transmission came in & next week we'll be working with my suppliers to R&R the transmission & cryo treat the internals.

Archie
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
Thanks for the pics - PM'd you.

Jim
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2010 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took the transmission over to the builders' today to have the internals Cryo treated & the LSD installed.

Archie
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

Cradle looks pretty thin in the area cut away for I am guessing will be the exhaust passage. Anything used in that area to reinforce the cradle so it doesn't give away from the torque?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Cradle looks pretty thin in the area cut away for I am guessing will be the exhaust passage. Anything used in that area to reinforce the cradle so it doesn't give away from the torque?

Yes
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim, check with Asa at Outlaws. He has a trailer. He may be able to help.

Rob
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Already done - trailer lined up!

Jim
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2010 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The exhaust system came back from Ceramic coating & the cradle has had it's powdercoating.

Now just waiting on the transmission to be reassembled. All the Cyro treating is done.

Archie
Phoenix4404

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Phoenix4404Click Here to visit Phoenix4404's HomePageSend a Private Message to Phoenix4404Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
<--- needs a towel for the drool

[This message has been edited by Phoenix4404 (edited 02-27-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The exhaust system came back from Ceramic coating & the cradle has had it's powdercoating.

Archie

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but I have a question regarding the ceramic coating. I did know it was possible to ceramictize the the flex tubbing without the coating pealing off. Can any shop perform this task or the shop your using? I'd like to have my exhaust coated to prevent the ugly rust from forming. Oh yeah, the resonators- what's the part # for them?
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Archie - what brand of mufflers are those? Looking forward to my trip up!

Jim
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim, when you headed up north? Make sure to take tons of photos. Oh yea, I hate you. :-)

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 02-27-2010).]

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Jim, when you headed up north? Make sure to take tons of photos. Oh yea, I hate you. :-)

Rob

A week from today! I'm sure Archie will be documenting the install. By the way, it's all your fault - you provided the cradle that started the process!

Jim
outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I am almost as excited as you!
Asa
Arizona85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arizona85GTSend a Private Message to Arizona85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish Archie had a damn TV show.. Kinda like Orange County Choppers.

------------------

When you are driving a Fiero everything else is just a BLURRRRRR!

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 05:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know Archie to comment but for the show to be anywhere near as entertaining as American Chopper he'd have to have a son working in the shop and have massive screaming matches with him constantly for maximum entertainment value.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by outlaws:

Asa

Welcome Asa. Glad to see you here. Lots of great stuff on this forum.

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, 1996 3.4 DOHC and a GT clip

PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

qwikgta

4659 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

I don't know Archie to comment but for the show to be anywhere near as entertaining as American Chopper he'd have to have a son working in the shop and have massive screaming matches with him constantly for maximum entertainment value.

Or they could do something like "Spike" channel, "chop, cut, rebuild" or the "Powerblock TV" stuff. I love watching those shows too.

Rob
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by outlaws:

Asa

Just glad us Fiero fanatics were able to draw you back to the dark side! I'm sure your build is going to be awesome

Jim
outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Welcome Asa. Glad to see you here. Lots of great stuff on this forum.

Rob

Thanks Rob!
outlaws

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawsClick Here to visit outlaws's HomePageSend a Private Message to outlawsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

outlaws

54 posts
Member since Feb 2010

Just glad us Fiero fanatics were able to draw you back to the dark side! I'm sure your build is going to be awesome

Jim

Yea, it's been too long!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's taking shape.

Archie
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's taking shape.

Archie

Looking good! 36 hours to departure ))))

Jim
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Eagle has landed.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Good to see someone finally found a place to order true mandrel bent exhaust piping.......

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock