Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  86-88 GT sail panels still available? (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
86-88 GT sail panels still available? by sricka01
Started on: 01-03-2010 07:52 PM
Replies: 103 (7221 views)
Last post by: mcgavin on 02-20-2017 12:35 PM
sricka01

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few years ago a vendor was selling aftermarket curved glasses with the dot matrix.
So are these still available? I tried searching google and a vendor fierosails but those seem to only have notchback panels.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
winger1955

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for winger1955Send a Private Message to winger1955Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fiero warehouse.com talk to doug. if not try the fiero factory.com
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by winger1955:

if not try the fiero factory.com

Ask to speak to Lori.
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Ask to speak to Lori.

Ouch.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ask to speak to Lori.

wheelman2148

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wheelman2148Send a Private Message to wheelman2148Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, sometimes they come up on e-bay. I needed the right side, and this guy had a NOS one. Bidding went like crazy, but I ended up winning the item at a final cost of $ 200.00 plus shipping. I have seen a few others on e-bay but not all the time. You just have to keep checking the listings. Good luck. Ernie
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

What's the inside joke?
Camel

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If youve got a few hours, you could catch up on four years of forum "history":

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/030265.html

sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Camel:

If youve got a few hours, you could catch up on four years of forum "history":

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/030265.html

Ohh the inventor/vendor that disappeared. I remember something vague about that. I also found this vendor.
http://www.kahines.com/
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know from experience, because my 88 GTs are in excellent shape, however it seems Doug @ http://fierowarehouse.com/ has a better reputation for these as of now.
sricka01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sricka01Send a Private Message to sricka01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Camel:

I don't know from experience, because my 88 GTs are in excellent shape, however it seems Doug @ http://fierowarehouse.com/ has a better reputation for these as of now.

Give me one of your 88 GT's and I will buy you some sail panels. :P
PFF
System Bot
Camel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CamelClick Here to visit Camel's HomePageSend a Private Message to CamelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, I am sure theyd break when attempted. I just found this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...fPartsQ5fAccessories

EDIT
BTW thats from the seller you mentioned above.

[This message has been edited by Camel (edited 01-04-2010).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ken Hines makes a really nice line of fiberglass parts for our cars. The windows in your Ebay link are his solid black ones. You cannot see through them at all. His other windows that are tinted and non-tinted are nice replacements but they lack the factory curve. If you simply want to replace your windows, he has some of the best prices. If you care about the factory curve, look elsewhere.
SKIDMARK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SKIDMARKSend a Private Message to SKIDMARKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want sail panels close to original then go with Doug at FieroWarehouse.com for about $220/pair shipped ... If you want a decent product that's reasonably priced then go with khines, sometimes found on ebay for about $105/pair shipped. I have had both on my cars and each have their own good qualities.
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JimmyS makes some fiberglass reach through and some fiberglass louvered panels that look nice and are $160 a set. I'm getting the reach-through ones eventually because they're super handy.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A few months back a purchased a pair off ebay. I'm very pleased with the quality of the product and was as advertised. Dot matrix, GT , curve, etc and with double-sided 3M tape. The only difference I noticed from the original was the material was a bit thiner (not as thick). Only time will tell if it makes the grade. Oh, I have since forgotten whom I purchased it from. But they are the ones that go for a little under $200 a pair.

Works for me......
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

JimmyS makes some fiberglass reach through and some fiberglass louvered panels that look nice and are $160 a set. I'm getting the reach-through ones eventually because they're super handy.

Yep. You can buy them here... http://www.fierofiberglass....ges/SailWindows.html

------------------

Click here for all your Fiberglass part needs

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Warehouse or there is another vendor that is suppose to have good ones as well, can't recall teh name, but his windows were used on "The Tyler Project"

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ask to speak to Lori.

crule

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

crule

Not necessarily. Try a set of her windows and see how you like them when the tape pulls the black paint off the back leaving long clear strips in it.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2010 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New product in the works. See here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/071955.html

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey who's are these? It says they're glass. Anyone know anything?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...fPartsQ5fAccessories
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must have missed the glass part.. The originals were an acrylic that would craze over time. Some have tried to make replacement sail panels some have had more success than others. I've had some from the fierowarehouse, but was able to find NOS ones for my 87 and 88 GT which were installed years ago. I still have another NOS set still in the unopened boxes.

I donated Dougs to someone who needed replacements. They were of high quality. The NOS ones installed on my 87 are starting to craze again, but I wouldn't hestiate from getting another set from Doug.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2010 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cajun:

A few months back a purchased a pair off ebay. I'm very pleased with the quality of the product and was as advertised. Dot matrix, GT , curve, etc and with double-sided 3M tape. The only difference I noticed from the original was the material was a bit thiner (not as thick). Only time will tell if it makes the grade. Oh, I have since forgotten whom I purchased it from. But they are the ones that go for a little under $200 a pair.

Works for me......

That would be my friend Chris Cook, he lives here in indianapolis. He recently changed his dot matrix and its the closest to factory that I've seen yet. I met him when I bought a pair for my 88GT and he custom screen printed "turbo" where yours would say gt. That was the only indication that they weren't original equipment.

He is my friend, but I wouldn't talk him up if he didn't make a quality product. I highly recommend them. His email is Ccook03@comcast.net
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2010 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

That would be my friend Chris Cook, he lives here in indianapolis. He recently changed his dot matrix and its the closest to factory that I've seen yet. I met him when I bought a pair for my 88GT and he custom screen printed "turbo" where yours would say gt. That was the only indication that they weren't original equipment.

He is my friend, but I wouldn't talk him up if he didn't make a quality product. I highly recommend them. His email is Ccook03@comcast.net

What's his Ebay seller name? I would like to see a comparison between Doug from Fiero Warehouse and Chris's. By the way I've seen in a couple of threads that both Doug and Chris have gotten credit for the sails on Tyler's Toy. Who really did them?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Looking for a set of tinted GT windows. I believe Chris goes by modernman on eBay, but haven't found anything listed. Is Chris still "in business"?

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a pair of OEM gt sail windows left side is brand new with protctive film still on it and right side is a 9 out of 10 bought from JimmyS needs tape to install will sell together or seperate..
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who's windows are these glass panels (gtfiero on eBay)?? Looks good. Has anyone installed a set?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...&hash=item1e668ff494

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 08-31-2011).]

lonewolf3197

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lonewolf3197Send a Private Message to lonewolf3197Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a set a few weeks ago. The windows themselves are really nice but the tape that come with them is crap. After a few days the tape started to fail so i had to pop the windows back out. I havent reinstalled them yet. Overall I'm happy with them. And the shipping was really quick. Take care.

------------------
Chief Petty Officer, United States Navy

" The men and women of the United States Military, we defend your right to complain"

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else tried these?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2011 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The guy who makes the best quarter window reproductions is Chris Cook of Indianapolis IN. The guy that makes the best sail panels (for the notchbacks) is Paul Mc Kibben. Chris windows are decent copies with excellent graphics but made not quite to the exact original contour. They do look good installed.
Pauls sail panels are so good they actually look better than the originals.I would not hessitate to use both.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, ZZP Intercooler, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 09-04-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wasnt there another member who was going in to reproducing the fastback sail panels, with a friend of his who sadly during their research and development passed away?

jon
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bought these. Judging by the name when I made payment thought PayPal - these are panels by Chris Cook.

Originally posted by fierosound:

Who's windows are these glass panels (gtfiero on eBay)?? Looks good. Has anyone installed a set?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...id=p3984.m1439.l2649

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "GT" logo on the tinted windows are in the correct OEM spot, but the clear windows the "GT" logo is off and doesn't match the OEM location.

Somebody really needs to get these back into production. Too many fiero owners are getting paranoid (like me) waiting for GM reproductions that are exactly like originals. That's the only part nobody has re-produced correctly to OEM specs / color / tint / curve.

Its sad that Pokey got bad luck while his efforts were running high.

It would be nice if the Fiero Store would pick up this project. Just like the GT taillights. They did it, so its possible.

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bought these. Judging by the name when I made payment thought PayPal - these are panels by Chris Cook.

Did you get the clear or tinted ones? Did you use his tape or something else? I'm interested on these too. Tks
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Did you get the clear or tinted ones? Did you use his tape or something else? I'm interested on these too. Tks

Bought the tinted. Haven't arrived yet.

FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cooter:

Ouch.

Negative on TFF I just talked with them yesteday.
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
without asking a stupid question but - are the tinted windows for a specific fiero model and year or just an option the ebay vendor is giving?

jon
Jim_Martin29

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bought the tinted. Haven't arrived yet.

Let us know how they fit when you get them.

I've seen some reproductions that catch the door window when the door is being opened or closed and break.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
Monterey, California

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did they show up yet Tony?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock