Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  RCR's body mods... (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
RCR's body mods... by RCR
Started on: 06-15-2009 07:28 PM
Replies: 657 (38239 views)
Last post by: RCR on 11-17-2023 07:56 AM
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2012 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Looks great !

If i were you and the molds hold up, i might pull a second one,..just in case you somehow trash the first one at some point and all your hard work goes for naught.

The thought has crossed my mind...
Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 09-16-2012).]

IP: Logged
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2012 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 04-08-2015).]

Bob Burkard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob BurkardSend a Private Message to Bob BurkardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much for the link to the heat extractor installation. This headlight project is very interesting, when you get the forms done, it would be great if you made molds. I, and probably many Fiero folks would be interested in buying these conversion parts.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bob Burkard:

Thank you so much for the link to the heat extractor installation. This headlight project is very interesting, when you get the forms done, it would be great if you made molds. I, and probably many Fiero folks would be interested in buying these conversion parts.

Thanks Bob, and welcome to PFF. I have made the molds (page4) and I'm in the process of getting them ready for parts. It will probably be a while before that happens with the turn in seasons...

Bob
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates?

------------------
there's a Group on 60degreeV6.com for us 660 Fiero owners!

Fiero Owner's group on 60degreeV6.com

I know these lines Look crooked on paper, but I swear I've got them straight in my head.

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

any updates?

No, not really. The weather turned cold too fast, so I'm putting in an extra effort to get mechanicals finished. I've nearly completed a 13" brake conversion, working on an idle issue, and just secured an excellent condition frame rail for my passenger side. Lot's to do.

thanx for checking in, though...

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 11-30-2012).]

gen2muchwork

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice progress! I'm glad to see you back at it.
Your work looks great!

I still dont have an engine mounted to the cradle I got from you.
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2013 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortuneatly, nothing to report for the body, (looks like it's been nearly a year, too )

But, progress has been made. Two new/rebuilt frame rails were installed. The trunk is all metal again, with no holes. And, I'm almost done cleaning and repainting the inside/outside of the floor pans.
I've also installed 13" rotors and larger calipers, and for the first time in years, actually got to drive it (albeit around the block).

The next thing to do is decide where this project is going, because I really want to do this:

Time will tell...

Bob
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can dig it.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Unfortuneatly, nothing to report for the body, (looks like it's been nearly a year, too )

But, progress has been made. Two new/rebuilt frame rails were installed. The trunk is all metal again, with no holes. And, I'm almost done cleaning and repainting the inside/outside of the floor pans.
I've also installed 13" rotors and larger calipers, and for the first time in years, actually got to drive it (albeit around the block).

The next thing to do is decide where this project is going, because I really want to do this:

Time will tell...

Bob

That would be sweet! Waiting to see the continued build

Nolan
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for a couple updated picture. The time to start is near...

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 01-25-2014).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' good there Bob... though you know what they say about black cars eh? (...and it's not that you never go back)
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Lookin' good there Bob... though you know what they say about black cars eh? (...and it's not that you never go back)

they're bigger? oh wait you said cars... NM....
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The build will continue...

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got some of the mechanicals done over the weekend. The car starts and runs smoothly again. I also brought home a couple of pieces from the kit to check out. It's gonna need a little work.

The driver's side rear quarter was broken, so I brought the quarter vent and door home to play with.

The quarter has up to 1/2" bondo where it was stuck to the chassis. A mix of screws were used to fasten it.

Damage from behind.

and outside...

Made room in the garage so I can bring the rest of the rear quarter home.

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most of the kit made it home.

Here's my oldest son enjoying a convertible.

Stuffed into the garage.

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RCR

4397 posts
Member since Sep 2002
First mod: cut off the "rear exhaust vent".

And throwing on the body panels to review the work ahead.

Bob
355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin' good Bob;

A bit of work on the driver's side fro sure but you will be flaring it out anyway so some simple patching to get it solid and then start pouring the expanding foam from there buddy.....

Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Cheers
Don
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let the show begin!
ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
uh oh! i see body panels! keep the pics coming!
PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a cool project. Looks like it's all there... Just ad a lot of love. Looking forward to seeing ya gettin dirty all over this .

Boz

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that left quarter looks a lot worse than in the CL add, do your doors roll out on top at the rear edge? Mine roll out bad, thinking of seeing what Don wants for a det of his.

Joe

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

do your doors roll out on top at the rear edge?

Joe

Not sure what you mean, Joe???

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Modified front I forgot to post.

And modified rear shot.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 04-13-2014).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RCR

4397 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Started working the repairs...

I had to remove some of the previous repairs:

The damage looked pretty bad here. I was thinking that maybe I should have asked Rob to make me a new fender:

Stitched back together. I used steel banding strips and self-tap screws to hold it together.

All glued back together:

Back of fender of the fender had damage, too. Here it is stitched back together. I did it different, by backing the fender with old fiberglass pieces and screwing it together.

More work to follow today (I hope).

Bob
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 04-08-2015).]

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2014 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good! Can't wait to see the progress.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanx Will. Thanx Steve...

Continued with the fender repair and made some design decisions.

Like the 355 (and later), I felt the rear panel needs to be separate. Also, to aid in removing the fenders for just such a repair. So...

To get at the back side of the fender

(Much easier to handle with one person, too.

Question for Mera, 308/328 clones and Stinger bodies: Does the hood normally sit so high above the rear fender line?

No wonder the window gets small. I'm thinking of ways to drop the hood more even with the tops of the fenders. Thoughts? Am I nuts?

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 04-14-2014).]

Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to watch the magic begin. Nice tweeks. Your glasswork looks real good.

Boz
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2014 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Question for Mera, 308/328 clones and Stinger bodies: Does the hood normally sit so high above the rear fender line?
No wonder the window gets small. I'm thinking of ways to drop the hood more even with the tops of the fenders. Thoughts? Am I nuts?

The angle of your deck lid doesn't look right, but yes, the deck lid does sit higher than the fender line. That's true even for the Fiero body though. I think it's an inescapable design issue simply because the Fiero's upper rear frame rails kick up quite a bit higher than the line created by the top of the door. On the Fiero (as with the 308 bodies), that difference in height is masked by the sail panels.

I don't think it needs to be all that high, but in so doing, it creates the "reversed chop top" look. For comparison's sake, there's only 5-1/2" of the rear window that shows above the deck lid on my Stinger kit. Maybe someone with a Mera or Mera clone will chime in with the same dimension on their car.

(edit to add third photo)

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 04-14-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2014 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanx, Blooze... A lot of work to do before I make that final decision...

Nice to watch the magic begin. Nice tweeks. Your glasswork looks real good.

Thanx Boz.. Looking forward to more of your updates.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 04-15-2014).]

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob,
Found door handles with mods. Hopefully I can get them shipped out today. If not, it will be June.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Bob,
Found door handles with mods. Hopefully I can get them shipped out today. If not, it will be June.

Thanx Steve.

Made some dust today. Doing things a bit...different..

I'm kind of partial to the hood mods I started a while ago using Rockcrawl's vent.
So, I started by peeling off the 308 skin from the hood beneath.

Then I proceeded to cut out the center. I want to mount it flush to the hood's uder support, without the Fiero skin in there.
It will also make it lighter.

Then I removed the skin and started fitting it.

I've got some more crazy ideas floating around that I want to try.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 04-17-2014).]

ericjon262

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did I miss something? are you ditching your custom nose?
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2014 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good. I see you are handy with fiberglass.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, it will be quite a bit higher. In this picture you can see the MERA offset hinge bracket that shifts the decklid mounting up almost the spacing of the holes.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 04-18-2014).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

did I miss something? are you ditching your custom nose?

I had the opportunity to do the whole shebang, which is what I've always wanted to do. Front facia is not dead, though.

Just a thought...

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 04-18-2014).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RCR

4397 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Set back... The SMC adhesive is like old stale jello. Can't find anything local...

Bob
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2014 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that this looks better, but that's just my opinion.

Nolan
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock