Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiona "the build thread" Lots of pics. so 56k warning (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiona "the build thread" Lots of pics. so 56k warning by rcp builders
Started on: 05-08-2009 12:29 AM
Replies: 90 (4792 views)
Last post by: rcp builders on 03-27-2015 03:54 PM
rcp builders

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

I used to date Fiona
- Scotty

It's funny the guy from Wisc. would post this seeing how that's where she came from. You violate my car

before in your van?? LOL

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

rcp builders, youve got some great glassing talent! its inspiring. good... no, great job!

Thank you for saying so. If I can ever learn true patients, then I think I could be great but now my stuffs takes

a bit of filler to be perfect.

Originally posted by jim94:

nice car, hope to see you in a fl. car show one day. in florida humidity sure is tough to work with, paint does not like to dry either. all the work you did, my back hurts just reading.

Thank you for the compliments, if I had a game plan from the beginning I probably could have cut my work in half. lol

I'm sure you'll see my car at many Fl. car shows but more likely in the parking lot on your way in to the show. lol

So just a quick update: I test fitted a few parts because the humidity is till bad.

Alittle more sanding on both and there ready.

Also got drivers mirror mounted, will just need to fill the door panel now where the old mirror was.

It fits great and is strong. I will have to decide how I will now attach that end of the dew wipe now. Maybe

rivets through the fiberglass. You can also see in the last pic. my yellow headliner, unfortunately it was a bit to

humid and I am now in the process of sanding of the paint to start over, RRRR.

Thanx for looking, Ray

[This message has been edited by rcp builders (edited 11-22-2011).]

IP: Logged
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray,

Love what you are doing man! Now make a few more plugs for The Joel Project! LOL

John
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Ray,

Love what you are doing man! Now make a few more plugs for The Joel Project! LOL

John

Thank you and the same too you on the Joel project. I hadn't even looked in on that thread

till just now. I'm in a rental property right now and am not set up for powder coating or I would

offer that up. I will however keep an eye on the thread as I, like others have misc. items kicking about.
G/L Ray

[This message has been edited by rcp builders (edited 01-10-2011).]

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

Also found a front bumper off of the same Honda, that I hope to chop up and marry it to

my 84 bumper or my se bumper.

Have to figure which one is the closest fitting and I am hoping maybe FOURPOINT9 or

FIE RO will jump in and give some tips on the process.

Also I found this

I think it's an IMSA kit that has seen better days.

The SE nose is rounder than a bumperpad nose, so I think that would merge better with your bodykit bumper.
You plan to use 'em to make a plug for a mold?

You may wan to grab the IMSA sideskirts, you'll need something to go with the front you're making.

keep up the good work
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

The SE nose is rounder than a bumperpad nose, so I think that would merge better with your bodykit bumper.
You plan to use 'em to make a plug for a mold?

You may wan to grab the IMSA sideskirts, you'll need something to go with the front you're making.

keep up the good work

I am planning to pull a mold because the Honda bumper is fiberglass and there would be to much body filler
any how. I have to learn how to use gelcoat first I think. I want to finish the interior before I jump into the bumper
and other ext. mods.
That's a good idea about the IMSA side skirts, I'll have to look at them again. If I recall they were glassed in pretty
heavy and a little on the rough side.
I would prefer to buy a set from OH I don't know maybe someone who has made a set that already compliments a Honda-Fiero
hybrid bumper, You know of any? LOL Have always loved your car.

Well thanks for commenting and any pit falls you can warn me of before I cut these bumpers up would be appreciated.

Thanks again Ray
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops!!

[This message has been edited by rcp builders (edited 11-29-2012).]

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my lids made and are fitted pretty well now. Figured out my hinging, will be simple

with some 1/8" brass dowel. In the pictures I'm using just a couple of nails.

joesfiero

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joesfieroSend a Private Message to joesfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ray the work is looking fantastic. I dont know why I havent checked this thread in so long, its probably been 6 months or so since the last time I looked here. Would love to come check it out one day myself, maybe we can plan a Saturday sometime after Daytona to come check out your work.

-Joe
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joesfiero:

Ray the work is looking fantastic. I dont know why I havent checked this thread in so long, its probably been 6 months or so since the last time I looked here. Would love to come check it out one day myself, maybe we can plan a Saturday sometime after Daytona to come check out your work.

-Joe

Thanks Joe, I appreciate it and your always welcome. I hope your car is ready for daytona, it was looking great when I saw it. Ray

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rcp builders

736 posts
Member since Apr 2007
Alright, I could use some help. I am designing my door panels and would like everyones opinions and ideas.
Also if any of you photoshop guru's want to help me make this look a lot more realistic, I would appreciate it.

O.K here is the plan:

I want to take this

Add some of these Kicker 5 1/4" Components

Then add this design and maybe even the handle

To hopefully end up with something like this, with the tweeter in the yellow strip

The yellow on the door pull will be where I trim up the base and have just the two yellow sections as the base
to mount the pull.

So that is what I've got so far, I know the last pic. is a little rough (any photoshop guru's want to work your magic).
I would like to here what you all think, thanks Ray
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2011 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by rcp builders (edited 06-19-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have to mount these pieces and then blend them to the door panel. Than I will be able to pull a mold and
pull an all fiberglass panel from that.

I am going to start getting my arm rest plug put together but that should'nt take me long. I'm hoping to have
a finished panel in a couple weeks. Thanks Ray
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My drivers panel is ready to pull a mold.

I like, it the int. is going to work well I think and hey might even be done to show off at the next Daytona.
Thanks for looking, Ray

[This message has been edited by rcp builders (edited 11-17-2011).]

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Ray

[This message has been edited by rcp builders (edited 11-17-2011).]

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Passenger side ready to pull a mold.

Hood cut and working on blocks for glassing. I will be putting a lip around it as well.
Hood inspiration by Oldfiero

Bumper also ready for a mold.
Thanks Ray
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couple last mods to dash before I ready it for a mold.

Ray
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2012 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, That interior is going to be awesome. Front bumper is not my style but it looks like it will flow nicely. Can't wait to see more.

Ben
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Wow, That interior is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see more.

Ben

Thank you, I have a few other cool ideas that I'm trying to get made up out of acrylic. I hope to have most parts pulled and ready for paint in the next month.

Originally posted by Marine1981:
Front bumper is not my style but it looks like it will flow nicely.
Ben

I wasn't crazy about the bumper when I first did it (a little to fast and furious for me). It is starting to grow on me and I'm hoping after
the addition of the right side skirts that it will look more natural.
Thanks again Ray
Pappy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing Ray!

The work is outstanding
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pappy:

Amazing Ray!

The work is outstanding

Thanks Pappy, nice to hear from you. Hopefully will see you at tech day again.

[This message has been edited by rcp builders (edited 11-29-2012).]

Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2012 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think they look great man
PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2012 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the tail light mod. I have some extras I may need to mess around with.
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Making some progress on tail lights. I decided to make PCB's instead of drilling out the red reflectors and placing led's that way.
It's easier to get proper spacing and more uniform shapes.

I'm redoing my housings now and should have some semi finished fiberglass pieces in a week. (Euro style i guess).
Also working out my sequential design turn signals. Thanks Ray
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2012 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have the passenger door panel and dash board molded up!!

Not the prettiest molds but they will work good. Will be seperating the dash on Sat. and fixing anything that might be wrong
on either one. Then next week I will start laying up the part. Thanx Ray
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2012 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want a set of those door panels!! lol

Edit to add, the front bumper is kind of growing on me.

[This message has been edited by Marine1981 (edited 05-25-2012).]

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have my other door panel and my dash pulled and ready for paint prep.

The dash was pretty tricky to lay up and even trickier to pull. I think it turned out well and only needs some minor repairs.

The door panel went with out a hitch and is trimmed and ready to be mounted. I'm going on vacation on Monday and will be back the following
week to get these and all my int. parts primed. Thanks Ray
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How are you planning on closing your door? Are you planning on a pull strap of some sort?
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero STS:

How are you planning on closing your door? Are you planning on a pull strap of some sort?

I have a door pull design that I'm trying to get cut out of Acrylic, that fits in the arm rest on the door.
I will try and change the drawing to a jpeg and post it . Ray
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Looks like some nice work. Not a real fan of black and yellow, but the design is nice.
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero STS:

Cool. Looks like some nice work. Not a real fan of black and yellow, but the design is nice.

Honestly, the black and yellow was too much for me too. I have since sanded all the parts that were painted all back down to
either raw fiber glass or plastic and plan on going with Grey and Black. I think it will not be quite so LOUD and have a classier look. Ray
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice color choice. Have you thought about adding some sort of map pocket next to your speakes on the door panels? There never seems to be enough room for stuff.
PFF
System Bot
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Work on the interior has been put on hold till I can figure out my overheat problem. I have pulled the motor
and removed my heads in hopes of a bad head gasket being my problem.

Found a "burn" trail running from cylinder to bolt!!!

Ready for some cleaning.

New gaskets, bolts and pushrods. Found 2 bent pushrods during the tear down and that my intake was not sealed very well.

I figured while I had the motor out I would upgrade to a serpentine belt set-up!

I hope to have the motor back together and the headers wrapped to keep some heat out by end of next week.
I hope this solves my over heating problem so I can get back to finishing the interior. Thanks Ray
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, motor is back together and ready to go in.

I was waiting for my header wrap to come in before mounting the headers and reinstalling the motor.
It finally came in yesterday and I was able to get exhaust and 1 header wrapped,

then I ran out of material I'm about 12' shy and will have to go tomorrow and buy 15' locally to finish up.

Serpentine conversion is done and new timing pointer fabbed and installed.

My hope is to get the motor back in through the weekend and spend Monday and Tues. get it all hooked up
and firing and timing on Weds. Ray
Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great job on that wrap Ray!
Mine never turns out that good

I hope you get it back in and running
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pappy:

Great job on that wrap Ray!
Mine never turns out that good

I hope you get it back in and running

Thanks Buddy, I'm really hoping I have solved my overheat problem!!!

I would really like it to be somewhat together and maybe make it to Daytona next year, I want in on that go-cart racing,lol Ray
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump so I can keep track again lol
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

Serpentine conversion is done and new timing pointer fabbed and installed.

Nice, I like this. Going to do it too once my 350 goes back in... I've had too many problems with the V-belt. Any more information or details on what you used or did here???

Thanks a bunch!

Brett

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:

Nice, I like this. Going to do it too once my 350 goes back in... I've had too many problems with the V-belt. Any more information or details on what you used or did here???

Thanks a bunch!

Brett

Thank you. I got my part numbers and inspiration here!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/118182.html
Thanks Ray

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Needed a good secure place for some 12V power to supply about 5 devices.

Started with this and some stainless hardware.

Came up with this.

Mounted it and cover it with this.

Then got to replacing my dew wipes

This is what ends up IN your door when you have bad dew wipes.

I have pics of finished product but batteries died on camera.
Have pics of a bad waterpump, new volvo fan set up, new carb and few misc. Thanks Ray
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got drivers door hardware switch over and panel mounted. Fits good with no rattles going down the road.

This one warped on me because I got impatient and put it in the Fl. sun to speed the curing.
Thats why I had to repair it and use so much filler. Will mount passenger side then get them primed up. Ray
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock