Started on: 02-03-2009 03:38 PM
Replies: 123 (3331 views)
Last post by: tmadia on 02-16-2020 08:56 AM
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After many attempts of contacting all previously claimed Alabama Fiero Clubs with no response, I have decided to pursue creating an official AFC.
For those of you in or around Alabama, you are welcome to visit my site: http://alabamafieros.com and join my small forum there. The only purpose of that forum is for us to keep up with each other concerning events, etc. I have also put up an online shop to buy club merchandise & support the club. This shop will also sell member created aftermarket parts in an effort to support your local community, if any of our members are making & selling items such as scoops, bumpers, etc for the Fiero. There are currently no items for sale yet, because I need your input on what all you'd like to see! I'm currently considering t-shirts, ballcaps, hoodies, stickers, and a few other items.
I've put all of my other projects on hold in order to get this set up, so hopefully we'll have a really nice site before too long!

I am working with the people over at the Barber Motorsports Park road course track to see if there's a possibility of us holding an event there.
I'm planning to have a very fun & active club with lots of cool events! I have already started on getting some AFC t-shirts printed up so we can show our pride!
Also, please give me some of your ideas for fundraisers, events, and things you'd like to see happen.

I wrote a script that searched PFF members, found all of you located in AL, and sent you a PM and/or and email (depending on your settings) informing you of the club, so most of you in AL should already know about this, but since some members don't check PMs very often, and I had a LOT of bounced emails, I wanted to start a thread to be sure I get all the AL people's attention.

BTW Cliff, thanks for the accessible member list; I just bought you a few beers as a token of thanks...

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. Hope to hear from you dadburned southerners soon!

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also, here's the layout of the Barber Motorsports road course:

Ratfink

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Ben84

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ben84Send a Private Message to Ben84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Job
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I added you to Cleveland Fieros list. http://www.clevelandfieros....x.php?name=Web_Links Rick B
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am local, but because of all the crap that I am having to do with work, I won't really be able to do much with a club. I hope it works out for you and all the other 'Bama folks. If I ever get any free time, I'd like to meet up and hang out.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

I added you to Cleveland Fieros list. http://www.clevelandfieros....x.php?name=Web_Links Rick B

Awesome! Thanks so much.
I'd love to converge with the other Alabama Fiero Clubs, but I can't get in touch with them... I've emailed both the webmaster and the guy in charge... Anyone know of another way to contact them?
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just checked out your site - look great - good job!
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Just checked out your site - look great - good job!

Thanks, I tried to keep elements from this site that I liked, but do away with the few small things that annoyed me.
Your suggestions & input for improvement are more than welcome!
-Paul
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieroboom, you might try Ed Parks for contact info on David Hunter. David used to head up the Alabama club. Like you, I have contact info, but get no response from him. At the RFTH 13, Ed told me that the Alabama Fiero Club didn't really exist any more, but they may still own the name. Frank Martin at Space Coast Fieros may also be able to help with a different email or phone number for David.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are really thinking out of the box for your club. I like that, very different. I wish I lived in your area because I'd sign up in a heartbeat. I'll show my support to your club let me know when you get the shirts made. Good luck.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 02-04-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2009 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

You are really thinking out of the box for your club. I like that, very different. I wish I lived in your area because I'd sign up in a heartbeat. I'll show my support to your club let me know when you get the shirts made. Good luck.

Dave

That's great man, thanks so much! Depending on participation, I'm planning on having some pretty big events, so hopefully we'll get out-of-towners involved too!
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey boom, just posted something today trying to find fiero owners in alabama and was directed to this thread. checked out the web site and looks like something that i would be very interested in. i've been doing alot of work on one of my fiero's lately so i don't know if i would be much of a help financially but i would be more than willing to help anyway i can. we should get together some time and touch base. let me know.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by labbe001:

hey boom, just posted something today trying to find fiero owners in alabama and was directed to this thread. checked out the web site and looks like something that i would be very interested in. i've been doing alot of work on one of my fiero's lately so i don't know if i would be much of a help financially but i would be more than willing to help anyway i can. we should get together some time and touch base. let me know.

That sounds great! As of right now, money isn't a big issue. I mainly want to get everyone acquainted, and start setting up some club meetings, then we can move forward with some fundraisers, then on to the really fun stuff...
I think we need to get through D9 & the swap meet, and meet as many people as we can at those places, then start gettin' down to business as a club.
-Paul
Ratfink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Patiently waiting in Opelika!
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fieroboom, I hate to tell you but your forum was hit by a ton of spam.

Just a little fyi.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the t-shirts made up? I need to purchase and show my support.

Dave & Barb
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its great to see people opening up new Fiero websites, I've added you to the azfieros.com club list. http://www.azfieros.com/200...om-us-and-world.html

------------------
Arizona Fiero Club

Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! found an Alabama Fiero Club
mid engine monsters

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mid engine monstersSend a Private Message to mid engine monstersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool ,im in guys
RobbyH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobbyHSend a Private Message to RobbyHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this still happening or old news? I just recently became a Fiero owner again and am in the North Alabama area - looking for other owners. Would be interested in a club if it is still in existence.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is an old thread, Robby. Lots of water over the dam since then.

Having said all that... Welcome to our obsession!
Club or no club, we'll be here for a while.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fastback

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2011 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RobbyH:

Is this still happening or old news? I just recently became a Fiero owner again and am in the North Alabama area - looking for other owners. Would be interested in a club if it is still in existence.

Yeah, havent seen a Fiero club in alabama do anything or last very long in the 16 years iv been driving a fiero..

Hey Robby, i live in Northport, down in Tuscaloosa county.. Where you located? Maby one day we can meet up for a drive or something. It'll have to wait a few months though, mines currently getting its engine swapped at the Fiero Factory. If your at the AL/TN state line, your probably pretty close to Toney, AL, where the Fiero Factory is.. We could meet there when i go to pick my car up after its done..

I thought about starting a club a while back.. But i dont have the funds needed to make anything big.. I do have a forum and a Ventrillo server though... I guess we could use it, its not being used for anything at the moment.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 03-01-2011).]

Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to see one established, but I'm about to deploy and wouldn't be able to put much effort into it. At least not until I got back from overseas.
RobbyH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobbyHSend a Private Message to RobbyHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QuUOTE]Originally posted by Jonesy:

Yeah, havent seen a Fiero club in alabama do anything or last very long in the 16 years iv been driving a fiero..

Hey Robby, i live in Northport, down in Tuscaloosa county.. Where you located? Maby one day we can meet up for a drive or something. It'll have to wait a few months though, mines currently getting its engine swapped at the Fiero Factory. If your at the AL/TN state line, your probably pretty close to Toney, AL, where the Fiero Factory is.. We could meet there when i go to pick my car up after its done..

I thought about starting a club a while back.. But i dont have the funds needed to make anything big.. I do have a forum and a Ventrillo server though... I guess we could use it, its not being used for anything at the moment.

[/QUOTE]

I live just north of Huntsville and about 15 miles from the Factory. Let me know when you come up and if I can I will run by

[This message has been edited by RobbyH (edited 03-01-2011).]

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I live just north of Huntsville and about 15 miles from the Factory. Let me know when you come up and if I can I will run by

Sounds like a plan.. You can take the first ride in my new 3.4 turbocharged Fiero.

Originally posted by Kilofox13:

I'd love to see one established, but I'm about to deploy and wouldn't be able to put much effort into it. At least not until I got back from overseas.

Take good care of yourself over there man.. Contact us when you get home, and we'll all go crusin.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 03-01-2011).]

GM1Moorer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GM1MoorerSend a Private Message to GM1MoorerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What happen to the site? Looking forward to networking with fellow fiero owner in Alabama...especially in South Alabama / Gulf Coast Region.
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys, i have a web forum up and running, its from my old gaming community that i ran for close too 10 years, but it finally died about 3 years ago.. But the forum is still up, and we can use it.. Of course theres tons of gaming section in it right now, but i could easily modify it for our purposes. I also have a Ventrillo server, which is something me and my friends used so we could talk real time while gaming.. Its like being on the phone, only you can have a bunch of people there at the same time.

Let me know, and ill set it up. If anything we use it to congregate and set up meetings and such.. And since my car will be at the Factory for a couple months, i dont have much else to do after work, lol.

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 03-02-2011).]

Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

This is an old thread, Robby. Lots of water over the dam since then.

Having said all that... Welcome to our obsession!
Club or no club, we'll be here for a while.

Raydar, problem with a Fiero Club in Alabama is that ultimatly the Auburn/Alabama football rivalry surfaces!! Those two groups just can't get along! Taken the DD I bought off whodeanie to 3 car shows around Huntsville and have yet to met another Fiero owner.

Kilofox13
Keep the helmet and body armor on!
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jonesy, your just up the road from me!
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Malkier:

Raydar, problem with a Fiero Club in Alabama is that ultimatly the Auburn/Alabama football rivalry surfaces!! Those two groups just can't get along! Taken the DD I bought off whodeanie to 3 car shows around Huntsville and have yet to met another Fiero owner.

Kilofox13
Keep the helmet and body armor on!

Not a problem for me.. I couldn't give a damn about college football.. lol.

Originally posted by vinny:

Jonesy, your just up the road from me!

you are? I just went outside... I didnt see you anywhere! .. lol

Explain "up the road"..

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 03-05-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:
Not a problem for me.. I couldn't give a damn about college football.. lol.

Heh... Truth.
Although I do get to listen to the Tech and Georgia people... There is only the occasional shooting incident.
Formula Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula OwnerSend a Private Message to Formula OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Taken the DD I bought off whodeanie to 3 car shows around Huntsville and have yet to met another Fiero owner.

I don't go to car shows, but I DO drive my Formula to work (near UAH) most days.
Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw what looked like a Mera on Redstone Arsenal today. Could have been a clone - not sure since it's first time I've seen one up close. It was parked in the far end of the east lot of AMRDEC. Left a card on the window, but it rained afterward - sorry if the business card melted. Anybody on here? Shoot me a PM.

Formula Owner - think I've seen that (over near the radio station) when I was taking some grad classes at UAH. Starting to feel like Santa and the M&M's ... "They do exist!"

I know there are Fiero people around Madison/Huntsville, but my work schedule has kept me from getting out to much.
RobbyH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RobbyHSend a Private Message to RobbyHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe we could plan a GTG in the Huntsville area (I also work on the Arsenal) or we could plan something in Birmingham so we could get folks from Bham, Montgomery and other areas.

Anyone interested?

Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe we could plan a GTG in the Huntsville area (I also work on the Arsenal) or we could plan something in Birmingham so we could get folks from Bham, Montgomery and other areas.

Anyone interested?

Count me in for something close to Huntsville.

Where do you work? I'm at the AMRDEC (5400)
RobbyH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobbyHSend a Private Message to RobbyHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Count me in for something close to Huntsville.

Where do you work? I'm at the AMRDEC (5400)

Across the street at 5220 (Von Braun I)

Malkier

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Across the street at 5220 (Von Braun I)

Sent you a PM
Ratfink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still here in Opelika!
AUFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AUFieroSend a Private Message to AUFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ratfink:

I'm still here in Opelika!

Hey! I'm at school at Auburn. You don't by chance drive the red notchback I've seen around town a few times?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock