Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The New and Improved Quarter Mile List (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The New and Improved Quarter Mile List by Blacktree
Started on: 05-02-2008 01:12 AM
Replies: 758 (40807 views)
Last post by: ls3mach on 04-27-2022 01:54 AM
Fog

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FogSend a Private Message to FogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Fog, could you list race weight and turbo used for comparative purposes ?

Sure, 2600lb, PTE 88mm turbo
IP: Logged
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fog:

Sure, 2600lb, PTE 88mm turbo

2600lb race weight with that boat anchor of a transmission? How much do you weigh and how much did you cut out of that Fiero? I'm not doubting your times, I'd just really like to see some more details about this beast. It sounds like a pretty cool swap!

And congrats on the 10's!

EDIT: I saw the pictures looking through your directory and I must say that thing looks like a BEAST! Awesome ride man!
------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph
FOR SALE
GM Tuners

[This message has been edited by AkursedX (edited 07-24-2011).]

Fog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FogSend a Private Message to FogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, Blacktree has also abandoned the list updating? Been a while since I added my slip.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For some reason, I missed the posting. I also missed the build thread, until someone mentioned it.

VERY COOL !!!

List has been updated.
Fog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FogSend a Private Message to FogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to Finland this weekend:

10.41 @ 132.13

Picture with race number shown and timeslip:

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like some AIR under there... nice job and FAST fiero!! keep it up so we can see a nine second Fiero with a full body on here. Been waiting awhile for it...peace

Pete

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Looks like some AIR under there... nice job and FAST fiero!! keep it up so we can see a nine second Fiero with a full body on here. Been waiting awhile for it...peace

Pete

FYI, that's *NOT* a full-body car.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What part of the body is missing?
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess it depends on our definitions of "full body". Anyway this car should get into the 9s if not 8s. I've always been and continue to be impressed with fieroxs car, but if grand nationals run 8s with their big car I can't wait to see what happens here. I don't see the driveline as being a limiting factor and the potential of the engine is legendary.
Fog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FogSend a Private Message to FogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

I guess it depends on our definitions of "full body". Anyway this car should get into the 9s if not 8s. I've always been and continue to be impressed with fieroxs car, but if grand nationals run 8s with their big car I can't wait to see what happens here. I don't see the driveline as being a limiting factor and the potential of the engine is legendary.

Actually, I broke the trans 150ft before the finish on that run. I have not taken the pan off yet, but symptoms show the chain is the one to blame.
Also, notice how far off the start line the wheelie is. The transbrake has a BIG delay releasing, 60ft is a calendar.
So yes, there is potential, but the driveline is the weak spot right now. Broke axles last time.

PFF
System Bot
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see your speed is in km/h, is your time also in metric? Ray

[This message has been edited by rcp builders (edited 08-22-2011).]

Fog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FogSend a Private Message to FogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

I see your speed is in km/h, is your time also in metric? Ray

You're kidding, right?

[This message has been edited by Fog (edited 08-23-2011).]

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, yeah it just seemed some peeps were looking to tear your run down a bit,

so I had to throw a little curve ball in there. Nice run, sounds like you'll be flirting with the 9's in no time. Ray
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fog:

You're kidding, right?

LMBO...
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh-oh... DH has been bumped from the #2 spot. FieroX may be next.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ooooh ouch!! That is gonna leave a mark!! haha that car is pretty damn quick and I THINK we are just seeing the beginning of it's runs... Damn GN motor what are ya gonna do.....haha peace

Pete

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Uh-oh... DH has been bumped from the #2 spot. FieroX may be next.

Oh I have no worries at all....
mattman134

Feedback score:    (33)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattman134Send a Private Message to mattman134Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mattman134: 13.225 @ 102.4mph (3800SC/4T65E-HD, 3.5 pulley, ZZP PCM, 3" Exhaust and 3" FWI, 180 Tstat, TB Spacer and Heat Shield)

Matt
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updated
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Updated

One thing you might want to look at to keep the list from getting stale is the *DATE* each entry was added to the list.

PFF
System Bot
DimeMachine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One more to Add. 12.981 at 103.43 3.4 pulley, 92 octane, 205/70/14 street radial tires at 28psi - stock 3800SC engine. Rock Falls Raceway - Wisconsin

------------------
87 Formula Clone, 3800SC, 3.4 pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, 12.98 at 103.4 1/4 mile, Regal GS Gauge Cluster.

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops, sorry for the delay

UPDATED!
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received a PM from Mattman. I'm re-posting it here, according to the rules.

From Mattman134:I broke into the 12s yesterday

mattman134: 12.867 @ 103.83mph (3800SC/4T65E-HD, 3.5 pulley, ZZP PCM, 3" Exhaust and 3" FWI, 180 Tstat)

Please update the list

Here is my slip

Thanks
Matt

Congrats to Matt for breaking into the 12s.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pretty much the same ET, better trap mph. Same listed mods but 21 psi this time.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 11-19-2011).]

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it.
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to keep this alive, I didn't know this even existed on here!
dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My top ET 10.4393 at 124.83mph
My top mph 10.461 at 128.15mph

Car is my 84 2M4 called "DC Plasma"

you can see it on youtube at
http://www.youtube.com/dcplasmaracing

ride along on the 128mph run.... Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown

http://www.youtube.com/dcpl...798E34/1/fIkIWUOEByQ

[This message has been edited by dcplasma (edited 01-16-2012).]

dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

dcplasma

90 posts
Member since Apr 2011
DC Plasma is an 84 2M4

The car has had a motor replacement..........
We run two Netgain Warp9's direct coupled with a Gear Vendors aux overdrive.

Here is the build thread...
http://www.evalbum.com/2453

The batteries supply 800HP, the motors supply about 1500ft lbs torque. The car weighs about 2550lbs.

[This message has been edited by dcplasma (edited 01-14-2012).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcplasma:

DC Plasma is an 84 2M4

The car has had a motor replacement..........
We run two Netgain Warp9's direct coupled with a Gear Vendors aux overdrive.

Here is the build thread...
http://www.evalbum.com/2453

The batteries supply 800HP, the motors supply about 1500ft lbs torque. The car weighs about 2550lbs.

Man these electric cars aint not joke...Good times and nice runs...Would be nice to see the car at one of the Tx events...
dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am really new to this forum, I am amazed how many people are posting right now, especially with football on.

Where do I find out about TX events? Do you know of any?
PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL, DH was shown up by an electric Fiero. Got bumped down to #4.

That's an awesome car, congrats on the times!
I love electric dragsters, now they just gotta figure out how to store a lot more juice for 'em so we can go fast and drive far.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 01-14-2012).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2012 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcplasma:

I am really new to this forum, I am amazed how many people are posting right now, especially with football on.

Where do I find out about TX events? Do you know of any?

Here is a list:

1. Roundup---Happens in San Antonio
2. Ruckus---Moves locations every year
3. Spring Fling---DFW Area put on by NTFC
4. Bat City---New Austin club that will be hosting a new event I am sure
5. If Houston congeals into a more active Fiero communit---Club coming together

dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

How do we get my time posted to the list?

Some other times:
0-60 2.4 seconds
0-100 6.3 seconds
0-100-0 ~14 seconds

I love electric dragsters, now they just gotta figure out how to store a lot more juice for 'em so we can go fast and drive far.

I have a lot more room for batteries, but I have been building to keep weight down and just use enough batteries to get the times.
I have nothing in the front for example. and the rear bay is quite open as well. All the batteries are in the trunk.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Considering I am well over 500lbs heavier, and trapping almost 10mph faster (on 15psi vs my normal 25+) Im not worried.

I am content with justin and I both having the highest trap speeds.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Considering I am well over 500lbs heavier, and trapping almost 10mph faster (on 15psi vs my normal 25+) Im not worried.

I am content with justin and I both having the highest trap speeds.

No your NOT, I'm gona have call You know you want to be the Fastest Fiero. Hell you even say you are the Fastest Daily Driven 3800 on Club GP.

Sorry mang, but you won't even have the highest trap speed once I get my Turbo setup built.

Yes, that is a challange, as I smack you with my gauntlet. Biotch...
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dcplasma: How do we get my time posted to the list?

Sorry for the delay. You're on the list now... right above DarkHorizon.

Hopefully, I got all the data in your car correct. If not, drop me a PM with the corrections. Thanks!
dcplasma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcplasmaClick Here to visit dcplasma's HomePageSend a Private Message to dcplasmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOOT... thank you mister BlackTree

I will be racing at Lonestar Motorsports Park on February 18th. We are going to try to put DC Plasma in the 9's.

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2012 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

but you won't even have the highest trap speed once I get my Turbo setup built.

Its not nearly as easy as you think.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock