Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Making a hood for myself, whatcha think? (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Making a hood for myself, whatcha think? by SOULCRUSHER
Started on: 09-09-2007 10:04 AM
Replies: 148 (13943 views)
Last post by: Australian on 10-24-2013 04:48 AM
BigMike

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigMikeClick Here to visit BigMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigMikeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw the scoops - look awesome! I'm not a huge fan of hood scoops of Fieros, but that really does look like it belongs. I've wondered for a long time what Firebird scoops would look like on a Fiero. Nice job.
IP: Logged
hypo327

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 05:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hypo327Send a Private Message to hypo327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dear Mr. Crusher: I've studied your thread, and conclude that it's the best hood scoop solution yet, and I agree with others on your thread, that it looks like it belongs, or as I put it, "...like it should have been designed that way from the beginning!" Thanks for sharing. I will be doing it to mine too. Only have two question though: If you had to do it again, would you make any changes, like maybe moving it three or four inches toward the front??? What year of Mustang was it? Oh, one more thing...what does SMC stand for? Your car is nothing short of beautiful, and I'd love to see more pictures of it!

I have a very nice '86 GT red 5-speed, stock other than F.S. suspension, Eibock lowering springs, and KYB shocks. I'm going to put Jim Schulz latest side scoops (Fiero Fiberglass), your hood scoop solution, and paint the silver aero bottom, red to match. I'll take pictures and do a thread on it too.

Michael
firebirdrestore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebirdrestoreSend a Private Message to firebirdrestoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
smc (sheet molded compound)
LitebulbwithaFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think you can move it any further forward because of the fan.
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did a PS mod to his car that I think looks even better (personal taste, and his still looks awesome), I plan on doing this one to these exact dimensions if SOULCRUSHER is willing to share (I hope you don't mind the PS):

SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I REALLY like this photoshop! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... JK I can't do this again! Yeah, as stated above, if the scoops are placed any farther forward, they would be right over the radiator bracket which would create clearance issues and would not alow air flow from the fans through the vents. When it rains and the fans kick on, they splash the windshield with water! lol.
Those wanting dimensions, I don't have them. car is in storage, and I will try to get them next time I visit her.
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! All I did was remove/level the center section. I've always loved this style of extractor, but none of them have seemed to flow quite right until this one. All of the angles and curves are perfect.

I still have a long way to go before I'm ready to cut up my hood so there is no rush anyway, but I'd definitely love to have the dimensions when you can get them. I think I can make this out of just my hood and an one extra junk hood to get cut-outs from for proper SMC fusing.
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SOULCRUSHER:

. . . Those wanting dimensions, I don't have them. car is in storage, and I will try to get them next time I visit her.

Bump for dimensions
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm gonna have to try this FUSOR stuff. I've had a helluva time getting fiberglass to bond to the trunk/hood panels and staying there. Also, I've spend a couple hours today reattaching a ground effect to the flexible front fender. I've tried every "flexible" body filler/bonder around to fill the seam between the roof panel & the rear clip but STILL it cracks!

Does FUSOR make a flexible bonder?

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 08-14-2010).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm definitely copying these scoops
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

I'm gonna have to try this FUSOR stuff. I've had a helluva time getting fiberglass to bond to the trunk/hood panels and staying there. Also, I've spend a couple hours today reattaching a ground effect to the flexible front fender. I've tried every "flexible" body filler/bonder around to fill the seam between the roof panel & the rear clip but STILL it cracks!

Does FUSOR make a flexible bonder?

Yes, but not sure of the number. You know that seam is there for a reason? Body flex. The seam is there to prevent cracking.

PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has this been asked before; Make a mold and sell this sweet hood scoop to the rest of us
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anybody know if an aftermarket supplier produces these scoops; for the Mustang if for nothing else?
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Knight:

Anybody know if an aftermarket supplier produces these scoops; for the Mustang if for nothing else?

I looked an looked for weeks. Only found the whole hood for the Mustang. Ebay had one or two but none that were cheap enough.

Paul is in the process of making a scoop that will be very close. My luck, he is making this one after I already started doing the Version 2.0 scoop of his.

Small picture of it in the bottom of the hood scoop page $170 shipped to you.

http://angelonearth.net/customfiberglass/

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 07-29-2011).]

nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

I did a PS mod to his car that I think looks even better (personal taste, and his still looks awesome), I plan on doing this one to these exact dimensions if SOULCRUSHER is willing to share (I hope you don't mind the PS):

I was thinking this same idea as i was reading the thread, good job!
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

I like the single vent slot. Makes me want to go buy another hood and try it out for myself.
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Just an FYI for those wanting to try something similar. I found an Ebay vendor selling fiberglass vents that look something like the Cobra hood vents. The price is good. Have no idea about quality.
http://stores.ebay.com/Impo...0QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

Here's a pic:

Bob

Hey RCR the site is down now, but do you remember the price???
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nightonfire:

Hey RCR the site is down now, but do you remember the price???

Sorry, no idea....I found it by searching for fiberglass parts.

Bob
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
heres one that is similar to the purple one here, its slightly different but for those you who may be interested its at the bottom of the page and called the STM:

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nightonfire:

heres one that is similar to the purple one here, its slightly different but for those you who may be interested its at the bottom of the page and called the STM:

And for those that might not know, The Driver is a member here and has it for sale: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/054820.html

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 08-04-2011).]

redraif

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
holy crap I love this hood mod. I first found Paul's stm scoop version. In looking to see some completed hoods with his scoop I stumbled upon this thread… the original... Awesome job.

I really love how yours utilizes so much of the hood. It makes it flow so well.

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero Pace Car #770 presently reversibly modified...LOL!

PFF
System Bot
docholliday

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dochollidaySend a Private Message to dochollidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SOULCRUSHER:

Oh, I also saved the "COBRA" snake emblems from the fenders, I should but them on my fenders,LOL. Piss off some Mustang owners.

Yeah, but your Fiero would probably break down a lot....ha-ha!

------------------
Mike in Indy

nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATES ???
redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I even sent a pm and heard nada... I need some info on fitment

------------------
Rescued & resuscitated 1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770 presently reversibly modified!
SE: Stormtrooper Edition

Everything is the Previous owners fault

nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Buddy whats the latest you started some serious interest in the project, we all want to know whats going on, hope everything is okay!!!!!
CaptDale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2013 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaptDaleSend a Private Message to CaptDaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, this is seriously amazing!! I know you have been bugged a bunch, but wondering if we could get some dimensions to to figure
out how you did it. I wish I had the patience to do that. Though now I really want to!
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tha Driver hood scoop if anyone cares...

redraif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redraifSend a Private Message to redraifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! I think I might have a line on a cobra hood. If funds will surface I will get it and get Paul (thadriver) to put everything together for me

------------------
1984 Indy Fiero SE Pace Car Replica #770
"SE" Stormtrooper Edition
Rescued, resuscitated and reversibly modified! (I'm so not done yet!)

Poly all round & Black Drag DR-34s
Frt: 225/45 on 18x8 (47 offset w/ 8-9mm spacer) 1.5 coils cut off 1984 WS6 springs
Rear: 265/35 on 18x8.5 (45 offset) Coil-overs w/ 10 inch 300lb springs & 7 inch sleeve

Everything is the previous owners fault!

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work i would be very happy with the result.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock