Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Western NY sightings + pics (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Western NY sightings + pics by NYRED85GT
Started on: 08-12-2007 10:30 PM
Replies: 635 (14681 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-16-2018 02:36 PM
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darksyde:

What kit is that? I kind of like that front bumper.

The front bumper is cool but I love that rear clip / deck lid!
I too would like to know what kit that is.
IP: Logged
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So what gives guys? Anyone going to make it to the Esta Safety Speedway event on the 22nd? the clock is ticking and it would be great to have some of you make it out this direction! None the less, us CNYers will be making it out to Buffalo the following weekend for the gathering but it would still be great to have you out this way!
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave, I won't be able to make it but am glad you can still attend our gathering on the 28th. If anyone is interested at the meet at my house on the 28th please send me a PM so I can give you my address and cell#.

Larry

------------------

"Life is short.
Drink the good wine first"

Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no dice for me on the 22nd. I'll be at the Disturbed show at Darien Lake all day.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not think I will be able to make it out for that one. It does look like fun!

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 08-13-2010).]

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Racing in front of the police staion:

http://tonawanda-news.com/l...ce-on-Sheridan-Drive

Tonawanda News
August 14, 2010
Police interrupt race on Sheridan Drive
Staff Reports
The Tonawanda News

TOWN OF TONAWANDA — Drivers of six cars face several vehicle and traffic charges after they were caught drag racing in front of the police station on Sheridan Drive early Thursday morning.

A Town of Tonawanda police lieutenant was just leaving the station at 1835 Sheridan Drive when he saw the six vehicles speed by at 12:39 a.m., heading west at what he estimated was more than 80 mph. The lieutenant notified dispatchers and took off in pursuit of the cars.

He found all six cars stopped for a red light on Sheridan at Elmwood Avenue. When the light turned green, the six cars continued west at a normal speed and all six lined up in the left-turn lane intending to go south on Military Road.

With another patrol officer approaching, the lieutenant flashed his emergency lights and proceeded to the front of the left-turn lane and parked perpendicular in front of the first car, blocking it in.

As the lieutenant stepped out of his patrol car, one of the vehicles pulled out of the line and attempted to proceed west on Sheridan. He ordered the driver to stop several times, but the car continued to lurch forward, toward the lieutenant.

“I drew my service weapon and pointed at the driver of the car while continuing to order him to stop,” the lieutenant wrote in his report. “At this point the driver did stop.”

The driver was ordered to turn off his vehicle and drop the keys out the window, onto the pavement. He complied.

The driver, who identified himself as Edwin S. Sanchez, said he “didn’t understand” what the lieutenant wanted.

Additional officers arrived to assist with ticketing the drivers.

No additional information was available on Sanchez.

According to police reports, the following people were cited:

• Joshua Nieves-Castro, for illegal speed contest, speeding, muffler exhaust system violation, operating an unregistered motor vehicle on a highway, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and operating a motor vehicle as an unlicensed driver.

Police also learned that Nieves-Castro’s license was suspended for “eight scofflaws on six dates.” He was held in lieu of $100 bail and the vehicle was turned over to his mother.

• Amaury J. Ortiz, for illegal speed contest, speeding, and muffler exhaust system violation.

• Michael A. Rodriguez, for illegal speed contest, speeding and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. A license check revealed Rodriguez’s license was suspended June 1 for failure to pay a driver responsibility assessment. His vehicle was towed.

• Hector L. Nieves-Castro, for illegal speed contest and speeding. He was released at the scene.

• Ricky Cotto, a passenger in Rodriguez’s car, was turned over to the Erie County Sheriff’s Department after a background check found he was wanted on a warrant for a housing violation.

[This message has been edited by Larryh86GT (edited 08-14-2010).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, sounds like that officer hit the jackpot when going on duty!

I grew up in Kenmore and remember doing some stupid stuff on Sheridan when I was young on occasion, but never in front of the police station!

The worst thing I saw I was not even involved in. After I had moved to Depew, I was out at a Goo Goo Dolls concert a few years back with my cousin. He drove his Neon. On the way back he was having all kinds of problems, and we were likely running on 1 or 2 cylinders. He lost 1 of 2 ignition modules, but the car was limping along. About 2 at night, we were on Central Ave in Lancaster, left turn lane at Walden, behind maybe 6 cars. Those cars were good looking sports cars, a Trans Am, a 350Z, maybe a couple compacts with body kits. They all blasted off from the light, left onto Walden. My cousin floored it too in the Neon. Not to race, but being down a pair of cylinders it was required. Then, I saw the cops and I yelled "get off the gas!". He says why, and all of a sudden, there were police lights everywhere, flying after these alleged street racers. They ignored us, probably because his ancient, bad condition Neon didn't fit the crowd. Lancaster pulled over about half, maybe 3 or 4 cars. Then, when the crossed Transit into Depew, the Depew Police were waiting and nabbed the rest. When he reached my place in Depew, I drove him back home to Pendleton in the WRX I had at the time. I was paranoid about cops after that incident, since it was late at night, sporty car, but had no problems.
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryh86GT:

Racing in front of the police staion:

http://tonawanda-news.com/l...ce-on-Sheridan-Drive

Tonawanda News
August 14, 2010
Police interrupt race on Sheridan Drive
Staff Reports
The Tonawanda News

TOWN OF TONAWANDA — Drivers of six cars face several vehicle and traffic charges after they were caught drag racing in front of the police station on Sheridan Drive early Thursday morning.

A Town of Tonawanda police lieutenant was just leaving the station at 1835 Sheridan Drive when he saw the six vehicles speed by at 12:39 a.m., heading west at what he estimated was more than 80 mph. The lieutenant notified dispatchers and took off in pursuit of the cars.

He found all six cars stopped for a red light on Sheridan at Elmwood Avenue. When the light turned green, the six cars continued west at a normal speed and all six lined up in the left-turn lane intending to go south on Military Road.

With another patrol officer approaching, the lieutenant flashed his emergency lights and proceeded to the front of the left-turn lane and parked perpendicular in front of the first car, blocking it in.

As the lieutenant stepped out of his patrol car, one of the vehicles pulled out of the line and attempted to proceed west on Sheridan. He ordered the driver to stop several times, but the car continued to lurch forward, toward the lieutenant.

“I drew my service weapon and pointed at the driver of the car while continuing to order him to stop,” the lieutenant wrote in his report. “At this point the driver did stop.”

The driver was ordered to turn off his vehicle and drop the keys out the window, onto the pavement. He complied.

The driver, who identified himself as Edwin S. Sanchez, said he “didn’t understand” what the lieutenant wanted.

Additional officers arrived to assist with ticketing the drivers.

No additional information was available on Sanchez.

According to police reports, the following people were cited:

• Joshua Nieves-Castro, for illegal speed contest, speeding, muffler exhaust system violation, operating an unregistered motor vehicle on a highway, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and operating a motor vehicle as an unlicensed driver.

Police also learned that Nieves-Castro’s license was suspended for “eight scofflaws on six dates.” He was held in lieu of $100 bail and the vehicle was turned over to his mother.

• Amaury J. Ortiz, for illegal speed contest, speeding, and muffler exhaust system violation.

• Michael A. Rodriguez, for illegal speed contest, speeding and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. A license check revealed Rodriguez’s license was suspended June 1 for failure to pay a driver responsibility assessment. His vehicle was towed.

• Hector L. Nieves-Castro, for illegal speed contest and speeding. He was released at the scene.

• Ricky Cotto, a passenger in Rodriguez’s car, was turned over to the Erie County Sheriff’s Department after a background check found he was wanted on a warrant for a housing violation.

Seems these guys can't keep themselves out of trouble! I as well had my young and stupid reckless endangerment days but I have learned to keep my foot under control anywhere there is people and the possibility of killing someone else. I have found that drifting on private property and small circuit races in private parking lots in industrial districts I am familiar with keeps me out of trouble and the community safe.
I am still young, just not as stupid! lol

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 08-15-2010).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I broke down and ordered a bunch of new suspension stuff today. I was going to wait until next year, but I cannot take the lack of damping in the shocks and struts any longer. So I have new KYB shocks and struts on the way, plus new poky end links. This combination really sharpened the handling on my last Formula. I probably could use new bushings in the A arms and trailing links as well, but that is going to have to wait still.

I hope to get it installed this upcoming weekend! I need to get around to tossing in my poly dogbone too.
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to hear! I love how a newly updated suspension makes me feel! That's why I generally do a complete suspension rebuild on any car shortly after buying it if I plan on keeping it. My old work truck on the other hand.....
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok guys. This Saturday is coming up fast. Who is coming to the meet at my house?

Larry
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am planning on being there. So far the weather looks good too. 79 and sunny!
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also plan on being there.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great..... Rich? Dave? Others in the area?
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in as for Jason(fierofreak00) ...will no later this week (he is on a race team and they might race this weekend) but im in ...put the beer on ice im comin lol....do i need to bring anything along for food ,drink.ect.????

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, PM sent with my address and ph#.

Larry
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there. What time are we meeting up? I just need to have an idea how to schedule my day. I am going to look at some investment properties that day near the medical park.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think we were shooting for 11 AM or so to start. About the same time as last time. Larry can confirm since he is hosting.

Early in the day works for me. I am going to the Bills pre-season game Sat evening (as long as nobody buys my tickets... which I doubt since it is impossible to sell the preseason games) which is an early start... 6:30, and I have plans for dinner in advance of the game (no tailgating on this one).

Larry, should we try a notice with the the WNY yahoo email list? Nobody has used it in a couple years, but there are tons of members. Maybe some are still Fiero owners who would be interested.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
11AM or so sounds good. I don't belong to the yahoo group anymore so maybe we will just keep this for any PFF members that are interested in gathering.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryh86GT:

11AM or so sounds good. I don't belong to the yahoo group anymore so maybe we will just keep this for any PFF members that are interested in gathering.

Ok, sounds good.

I think you are still listed as a member, but thats ok too. I have no idea what is happening with the yahoo folks who used to be active.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think thats 5 of us so far. Anyone else can make it?

PFF
System Bot
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to be there. I am in Mississippi on business rigt now but will be back in town tomorrow evening. Please PM me the address Larry.

Rich
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Done.

Anyone else?

katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom is planning on leaving at 8 AM so I will be heading out with him. That should put us there around 10:30 but we shall see.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weather is looking good for Saturday. High of 83 and sunny!

I am looking forward to seeing everyone!

-John
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks like 6 of us. Fiero's are small - I still have room for at least one more in my driveway.
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there with bells on!! No thanks to US {scare}ways

Rich
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should be there around 11 or so.
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmmmm should i wash the car or just spray paint it. To early for these decisions. lol
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whatever is easier!
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

Whatever is easier!

I suppose washing the dirt off is smarter. Either way i'll be there, missing tips and all. lol
PFF
System Bot
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Darksyde

611 posts
Member since Oct 2009
Just a cpl pics from today....

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Josh"darksyde" can you email me your pics i might use a couple for the web page???

i had a very good time ..thanx to larry for hosting and feeding us ..thr ride home was uneventfull it was very nice to meet new people and look at some very nice cars ..thanx again buffalo crew ~Tom

also larry needs to make extra wine ....lol

i will post my pics later today

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a great time to see and meet everyone yesterday! Special thanks to Larry for providing the meeting place and hosting the bbq!

I will work on getting my pics up sometime today too!
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another fun trip indeed. Good food, beer, great homemade raspberry wine, intriguing conversation, and some really nice cars. Rich, I envy your car and for the investment ( or lack there of ) I am unfortunately quite jealous.
Larry, Thanks again for hosting the get together. I also got a chance to ride in John's 88 Formula and it only ensured me the 88 suspension is the only way to go for my 3800 build.

Until the next time guys. Thanks for the good time!

Edit to add: That pic in the Hub cap really is pretty neat Josh.

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 08-29-2010).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, here are my pics. http://s155.photobucket.com...rmula88/WNY%20Fiero/

Most of them are from the park, a couple from the driveway.

Honestly, I am not perfectly happy with how they all turned out, but if someone wants the original of one or more, just let me know. I can email it/them.

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 08-29-2010).]

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Josh, great hub cap picture
John, those are great pictures. My driveway is an impossible place to get a decent picture with the cars parked side by each.
Tom, I sorry my homemade wine wasn't available in commercial quantities. Right now there's just enough to share with company.
Dave, I hope to see some progress on "Joseph" the next time we get together.
Rich, I'm glad you could make it with your busy work schedule.

Thanks guys for coming. When everyone left I noticed more than one little puff of blue smoke on startup. It looked a lot like my GT's little puff of smoke.

Larry
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hardpact:

Josh"darksyde" can you email me your pics i might use a couple for the web page???

I just emailed ya 10 of them.

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I spotted another Fiero in my neighborhood this morning. I was on my morning run and there's this white GT at a stop sign making a left turn towards me as I am running on the sidewalk. I'm thinking it might be Rich's GT but I don't run with my glasses and everything is a tad blurry so I couldn't tell from the distance. I waved him down and I could tell from the look on his face he's wondering what the heck I want. It's a very nice clean 87. I told him about PFF and gave him my email address so I can send him the link, etc. We exchanged addresses. He lives maybe 3 miles away in the Parker/Ellicott Creek area.

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2010 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanxx bro !!

Originally posted by Darksyde:

I just emailed ya 10 of them.

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock