Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Western NY sightings + pics (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Western NY sightings + pics by NYRED85GT
Started on: 08-12-2007 10:30 PM
Replies: 635 (14674 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-16-2018 02:36 PM
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryh86GT:

Boy I wish I was motivated enough to take on a project like this but I have 2 sail panels that have been collecting dust in my house for 3 years I haven't found the energy to do.

Larry

Don't I know it...very little to no motivation to finish. It's just too big of a project for me right now, but maybe if it doesn't sell I'll start chipping away at this huge project, hopefully finishing in the next decade, haha.
IP: Logged
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As long as you have the space, it is free to store the stuff. You can always just hold on a while to see if motivation strikes, or you find the time down the road.

Sounds like it would be a fun car to drive as a finished project! It’s not for me however. I already have my extra Formula chassis I could do an engine swap with, so I certainly don’t need another! I too, just do not have the motivation for it (heck, I bought another Formula instead of replacing even the stock engine!).

------------------
2009 Volvo C30 T5
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula T-top
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula Hardtop

Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

I already have my extra Formula chassis I could do an engine swap with, (heck, I bought another Formula instead of replacing even the stock engine!).

And I appreciate you hanging on to that for me
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is running the danger of turning into a parts car. I have already swapped a couple things. Trying not to tear it apart or remove anything not easily replaced until I have a better plan for what to do with it.

I am not in too much of a hurry. As long as my uncle doesn't mind it on his property...
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So who might we expect for this event?
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081469.html
Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So any of you local guys know of any fieros at junkyards around here? I havent made any calls or looked yet but I plan on it. Thought it may be easier if you guys knew of any first. Also have we decided on a solid date for a get together yet?
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who was at the super Wal Mart on Transit in Clarence this evening? I spotted a good looking 88 GT with gold lace wheels in the parking lot! It was parked right across the isle from my C30.

Originally posted by Darksyde:

So any of you local guys know of any fieros at junkyards around here? I havent made any calls or looked yet but I plan on it. Thought it may be easier if you guys knew of any first. Also have we decided on a solid date for a get together yet?

I cannot really say I know of any Fieros around local yards. In the past I have found them to be fairly rare in yards. M&M had a couple at one time but I think they got rid of them.

What are you looking for?

I think we are still looking at the 3rd initially for a date, I cannot say for certain if that is confirmed.
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the 3rd is the date, I will be there. I missed Carlisle due to a blown head gasket but it is in the shop as we speak getting taken care of. With work and all, I haven't had the time to do it myself. My car however is going to be ready soon and with a bunch of odds and ends taken care of.
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can make it on the 3rd also.

Larry
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So the 3rd looks promising. Now lets iron out the location and time. I'm free until UFC 116 starts
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2010 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What are you looking for?

marker lights, moulding, GT front bumper, little odds and ends I need before I get her painted.
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you tried contacting the guy on Craiglist that keeps advertising parts? I am not sure what he has, or what he wants but it might be worth contacting him. Try calling the places on William in Cheektowaga too. 2060 and them. I have found them to be a little hit or miss, but they usually have a good handle on what they have in the yard anyway which helps save a wasted trip.

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 07-01-2010).]

katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so it is getting close to the 3rd. What time and place / activities do you guys have in mind? I am game for absolutely anything. You will get to see my Frankenstein project car that is now running perfect! I would just like to know what time I should be leaving Syracuse by to ensure I am there in a timely fashion.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can attend this in the morning tomorrow. Unfortunately I have a wake I must go to in the early afternoon. Everyone??

Larry
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whenever, wherever.
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am planning on being in buffalo by 11 am at the latest. However, I am not going to be around a computer tomorrow after about 8 AM so if this is going to happen, I need to know a time, place or at least a phone number of one of you guys to figure out the meeting information. I hope to hear from you guys sometime tonight. I am looking forward to meeting all of you.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Have you tried contacting the guy on Craiglist that keeps advertising parts? I am not sure what he has, or what he wants but it might be worth contacting him. Try calling the places on William in Cheektowaga too. 2060 and them. I have found them to be a little hit or miss, but they usually have a good handle on what they have in the yard anyway which helps save a wasted trip.

Originally posted by Darksyde:

Whenever, wherever.

Originally posted by katore8105:

I am planning on being in buffalo by 11 am at the latest. However, I am not going to be around a computer tomorrow after about 8 AM so if this is going to happen, I need to know a time, place or at least a phone number of one of you guys to figure out the meeting information. I hope to hear from you guys sometime tonight. I am looking forward to meeting all of you.

PM's sent with my cell#.
Larry
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, thanks Larry for taking the initiative. I will be seeing you fellas tomorrow morning!
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See you guys here around 10 or so. I still haven't heard from Fformula88. If there are any other local guys that want to gather at my house this morning send me a PM.
Larry
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was good to meet up with you guys yesterday! I'll post a couple of the pictures I took later when I get them downloaded from the camera.

We'll have to schedule another sometime later this summer, and see if we can get a few more locals out too.

BTW Larry, you did a great job at quadrupling the turnout from the first to second WNY meet!
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2010 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks John. The turnout was impressive. I have no problem with doing it again. Maybe next month if we can pick a date that more folks could make it to. We got 4 Fiero's in a row on one side of my driveway and there is room for at least 3 more on the other side. I have to thank you guys for coming. I have a great time talking Fiero's with you.
Larry

This was before Dave arrived.

The 4 in a row. Dave, John & Josh inspecting Josh's ride.

My Fiero first, then Josh's, John's and Dave's.

Time for some pictures. As the 4 of us chatted in the shade of my garage I saw more than 1 head snap around for a look at our little plastic cars as they drove by.
PFF
System Bot
katore8105

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad I made it out there to meet up with you guys. I had fun. Man the whole rest of my weekend was a blast too. From whirlpool state park in the dark Saturday night pike fishing to a BBQ for dinner on Sat, to the private beach party in Angola with live bands, open bar, exquisite catering, and a huge bonfire and Fireworks display! All around, I greatly enjoyed my weekend in Buffalo.(besides having to sleep in my car at a rest stop on I-90 at 3 this morning... Just couldn't keep my eyes open) After this weekend, I intend on making it back out to WNY more often. I'm sure I will be making it to another meeting Larry. Thanks for the hospitality and it was great to meet you guys! Who knows, I might be able to drag another Syracuse Fiero owner or two with me next time.

Edit to add: Hopefully my car will be one color by then lol

[This message has been edited by katore8105 (edited 07-05-2010).]

Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like your pictures from a distance. They make my fiero look way way better than it does. lol Def had a good time bs'n with you guys. Besides the fact I wore a beater and got totally cooked. We def. need to get another "meet" setup as well. Good times!
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, let me see if these pics work. Keep in mind they are not posed, as we just snapped them as they were parked.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 07-05-2010).]

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are great pictures John. A really good camera makes a big difference. I bet Josh is saying "Crap - those show the dirt on my car"
Larry
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryh86GT:

Those are great pictures John. A really good camera makes a big difference. I bet Josh is saying "Crap - those show the dirt on my car"
Larry

hey hey hey there was no dirt. It was washed 30 min before those pics. Now paint streaks, faded spots, overspray, orange peel, flakes those of course are part of my $9.99 paint job that has lasted 9 months. lol Your just jealous of my wicked multi color interior. :-)
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Larry! These digital cameras sure make it a lot easier to shoot good pictures. These I just left the camera on full auto, and it did all the work. In the first, you can tell it had the focal length too narrow, as the edges of the picture are a bit out of focus. I have some old (30+ year old) lenses from an older Olympus OM-1 camera which I look to shoot with sometimes. I lose the auto focus and focal length built into the modern lenses, but they are also much easier to change manually than setting up the digital camera for manual, and they have high quality glass.

I don't see any bad scracthes, chips, swirls, or such! Must just be dust on the lense! It will look terrific when done!!

Now the question is, can we entice a few more people for a second outing?

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 07-06-2010).]

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd be there...if I could ever finish my car.
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
btw I saw a red GT parked at the Niagara Falls Home Depot today. Anybody here?
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1986 Fiero GT:

I'd be there...if I could ever finish my car.

If it's not finished come on over and chat anyways.
Larry

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Larryh86GT

1757 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Now the question is, can we entice a few more people for a second outing?

Dave said he might be able to entice some Syracuse folks. That would work.

PFF
System Bot
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in I was just busy that day with a family outting....i will make the next one !!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to come! Heck I would have been there Saturday, except for the whole being in Nebraska part.

Rich
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

I'd love to come! Heck I would have been there Saturday, except for the whole being in Nebraska part.

Rich

Excuses, always the excuses Rich.
Come on, pick a date in August, my house, a Saturday morning / afternoon..
Larry
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As long as its not August 14th or 21st. I will be on vacation from 14-21. So the 7th or the 28th is good for me.
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i say the 28th ...i could do that date ...or maybe some peeps can come on the 21-22 to syr for our 1st ann. drag show ?????

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Richjk21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't do the 7th (camping) I think any of the other weekends will work.7/31 is also a possibility, but that might be a little too soon for those who were at the last one.

Rich
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
7/31 is out for me. Otherwise, I should be available.

Maybe 8/28 is the best choice.
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, let's shoot for Saturday August 28th at my house. Say try to arrive around 11AM or so.
Larry
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
COOKOUT!!!!!.......WOOHOO!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock