Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Western NY sightings + pics (Page 13)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Western NY sightings + pics by NYRED85GT
Started on: 08-12-2007 10:30 PM
Replies: 635 (14674 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-16-2018 02:36 PM
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darksyde:

yes my advice is take the ad down. If you need wrenching help when that time comes you have plenty of willing hands that will help you. just my opinion.

AGREED!!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

IP: Logged
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with the sale Larry!

My only suggestion for any add is to give as many specifics of info which you think people will want. Mileage, transmission, options, maybe frame condition, tire condition, interior condition.

I am not sure what your looking to get for it, but I thought I would let you know I got $3500 for that red t-top I had last year, which was in very good condition. However, it took a while to get that, with a lot of really low ball offers in between. People would offer $2000, take it or leave it, hoping to find someone who needed to sell quick.

You may have to wait for the right buyer, but I am sure you will find one!

(I have sold things quickly on CL too... the quickest was a Jeep I had which sold within a day!)
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any thoughts from the locals about getting another get-together scheduled this summer?
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would like to see one around july 4th ...but open to suggestion

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have trouble with July 7th, but do not know for certain yet. Otherwise, something around the 4th would likely work.
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will talk to Dave and see if he wants to organize something!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Darksyde

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm up for whatever. Give me a chance to drive her again. Finally got a chance to put her away for a bit since we got our new ride. I also still have my dead 300. So if you guys find a 2.7 laying around the shop bring it with you lol.
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2012 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol they just dont lay around there junk motors i would buy a 3.5 it should just bolt up and plug in!!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2012 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hardpact:

lol they just dont lay around there junk motors i would buy a 3.5 it should just bolt up and plug in!!

So your saying that a 3.5 will be a direct plug and play to the 2.7? for real?
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i'm up for whatever. Give me a chance to drive her again. Finally got a chance to put her away for a bit since we got our new ride. I also still have my dead 300. So if you guys find a 2.7 laying around the shop bring it with you lol.

Whats the new ride?
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
look at it ...its the same block and heads just slightly bigger might have to change over a couple sensors but i think they are a plug and play !!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

PFF
System Bot
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

Whats the new ride?

BMW X5

Originally posted by Hardpact:
look at it ...its the same block and heads just slightly bigger might have to change over a couple sensors but i think they are a plug and play !!

if i gotta spend the money why not. Guess I got some things to look at now.
katore8105

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katore8105Click Here to visit katore8105's HomePageSend a Private Message to katore8105Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So Larry, did you sell?
Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2012 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katore8105:

So Larry, did you sell?

Yes. It looks like I have a buyer. But I had to come down on my price a bit because the buyer was not crazy about the purple paint job. I told him it would grow on him.

And she is now gone to her new owner....................

Larry
"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"

[This message has been edited by Larryh86GT (edited 06-21-2012).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on finding a buyer Larry! I hope the new owner will enjoy it a lot!

Mind if I ask how much it went for? I know you were down to an asking of $3000. I have not gotten a bite on $2800 for the SE I have, although I have basically decided to keep it at this point. It is cosmetically a little rough, but it runs so good, and feels like a hot rod compared to the 88's I had! Must just weigh that much less (and also, HP was down slightly in 88 due to emissions changes).

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 06-22-2012).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fformula88

7891 posts
Member since Mar 2000
Been enjoying my new 85 SE lately too. Although, I keep unconsciously trying to shift into 5th gear on the highway... It startles me everytime I let the clutch out and the RPM's shoot up, since I am grabbing third due the lack of a 5th gear!!
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fformula88

7891 posts
Member since Mar 2000
Anyone know if there are any Fieros over in the local U Pull It on William? I need a passenger side rocker panel. (Also could use a center armrest in grey too... but that will likely be gone from u pull it if they have a car there).
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last time I was at M&M all the Fieros were gone (they crushed them) . There was a GT parked outside their fence on the left where you go into their yard that belongs to 2060 Auto Parts. Another place you might want to look is A Able Auto Wrecking 5396 Chew Road Sanborn, NY 14132 (716)297-0010. They had 6 or 7 Fieros out in the weeds. They let you roam and pull your own parts. Prices were pretty fair.

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was camping at Stony Brook last week. On a drive up to Letchworth, on I believe Thursday, I was being followed through Mount Morris by a red 88 GT, with a slight dip on one side of the front fascia. Otherwise, car looked to be in very good shape (from what I could tell... it was behind me!)
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone seen the yellow Formula at Basil Chevy resale on Transit? Online they are asking $8995. 26K miles.
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My brother Bob just texted me about it this morning. Wondered what they were asking for it.

Rich
PFF
System Bot
Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2012 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know I'm not buying it. I like having an empty garage and the wife is happy too.
spcearle

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spcearleSend a Private Message to spcearleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone in here from around hamburg area or know someone or have seen a 87 fiero with a stroker engine and headers/borla exhaust?
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2013 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone been out and about yet with their Fiero. I finally have mine going. New shocks and struts all around, and a left rear half-shaft in the back has my 85 SE car driving great and with a new inspection sticker!

Now I just have to follow up on the emails and such people sent me about potential availability of a right rocker panel and a couple interior bits.
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2013 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is still in my backyard where I keep it for the winter. The route I take to get it out is currently a swamp so I have to wait on that. But once it gets out I need to replace the pass rear wheel cylinder and slap some plates on. She'll be good to go.
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2013 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Headed eastbound 290, gunmetal fiero...looked to be a F355 front end and GT style #1 side scoops. Car looked amazing from the other side of the thruway. Never seen it before in the area.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any of you local guys know someone who shoots paint and is reasonable?

My Fiero is in need of some paint (well, a lot of paint, all upper surfaces) and although I have done some small scale stuff which has turned out well, I do not have the equipment for decent large scale shooting. (No compressor, gun, decent facilities to shoot in, etc).

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I painted my car for about 800 in materials ... That's the new car you have not seen yet which is jazz blue pearl ... Very labor intensive ... I could help with this but can tell ya it's a lot of work ... Sanding mostly ... Let me know you can see pics go the new one one Facebook

Tom

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your new GT looks terrific! I did notice the pic on facebook the other day! Is that the same Jazz Blue on the Chargers and Challengers in 2013?

So I have heard there is a lot of sanding involved! I have actually done some moderate scale projects in the past, but they were more touch up/rattle can jobs. Honestly, I got them to turn out respectably nice for going so cheap.

I am over Formulas these days. I am sure you have caught a glimpse of my 85 SE on facebook. I have been kicking around the idea of painting it for some time, but my stupidly tapping a Pontiac G8 on the thruway last week has bumped the schedule up.

I have begun prepping the front bumper a little with some sanding. I have been considering rattle canning the small section until I do the full paint. The rest of it is very checked, etched, and worn. Thought first I would look into doing it all since it saves me the rattle can time, and then taking it all back off.

Here is the patient:

The largest I have done is a rear decklid. It orange peeled a little more than I would have liked causing me a lot more work in wet sanding and buffing. ALso did the wing on this car. (First is with orange peel. Second two are after extensive sanding and buffing). This was on my original 88 which died when I spun a bearing.

Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it's the same old as the chryslers ...are going with the white or changing colors ?? Also all you would have to gad off is the clear coat ... I say if you can bring it to me and you help we could do this very cheap ... I would only charge ya beer and 500 bucks .. If your changing he color that's a whole nother monster !! We would have to do a panel of paint job if you want me to do it by myself it would be 1000 cause it's so labor intensive also will need to get a moulding hardware kit from Fiero Jon and you buy the paint and materials I have the guns and compressor ... Sanding I do buy hand and with a block

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That sounds like a great offer!

I will let you know. If I do a full job, it might be waiting until spring. I have some other body adjustments to do. It doesn't really show in the picture, but there is a softball size dimple in the rear bumper (right around the "P" in Pontiac). Also, for reasons I do not know yet, the right side rear quarter panel is sticking out from the body underneath a little, making it visibly stick out further than the door. I believe it is the rocker, not the door that is off. So I would want to get into those problems and fix them up first.

Thanks for the offer!
PFF
System Bot
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your very welcome sir !!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys - how's it going?

I did a little rattle canning today:

Retirement is still good.....
Larry
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a funny looking Fiero Larry!

(Nice job btw!)

Glad to see your still enjoying retirement!

Things are well here, except for the Fiero fender bender precipitating my painting research. I take the blame. I felt I had plenty of distance, but locked the brakes and slid a good ways into the car in front of me. Very minimal damage to the Fiero, but really hurt the paint. I probably was fine if I had my Charger, but it's easy to forget the Fiero doesn't have anti-lock, brake force distribution, and all the other electronic goodies!

How have you been?
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My rattle can thingy went off.....lol Speaking of rattle cans.....I just used 2 on my fiero again. lol Looks brand new!! lol goddamn thing has about 20 layers of paint at this point lol Gonna be a bear when I really want to paint it.
Hardpact

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My rattle can thingy went off.....lol Speaking of rattle cans.....I just used 2 on my fiero again. lol Looks brand new!! lol goddamn thing has about 20 layers of paint at this point lol Gonna be a bear when I really want to paint it.

Lol that's funny !!

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

Larryh86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

That's a funny looking Fiero Larry!

(Nice job btw!)

Glad to see your still enjoying retirement!

Things are well here, except for the Fiero fender bender precipitating my painting research. I take the blame. I felt I had plenty of distance, but locked the brakes and slid a good ways into the car in front of me. Very minimal damage to the Fiero, but really hurt the paint. I probably was fine if I had my Charger, but it's easy to forget the Fiero doesn't have anti-lock, brake force distribution, and all the other electronic goodies!

How have you been?

We are doing well. Making a lot of wine still. How's married life? Did you finish your home remodeling?

[This message has been edited by Larryh86GT (edited 10-06-2013).]

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryh86GT:

We are doing well. Making a lot of wine still. How's married life? Did you finish your home remodeling?

That wine is good stuff! Maybe it is time to meet for an "all car" meet since you are without a Fiero!

Married life has been going well. We are a year and half beyond the big day these days. There have been challenges this year. I encouraged my wife to chase her dream job. So she did, quitting a position she had for 6 years to take a new position. Well, that ended up not going so well, and she was let go. Got another job quickly, but her self esteem took a big hit. She is doing better now. We have done a lot of camping with our daughter this year too, and she is now in pre school. 4 year olds are always a challenge. Home remodeling is never done, but we are very far along. We are nearly done with our kitchen. The worst project you could ever think to do yourself! Just some basic trim and such to go, but it took the bulk of the summer (around my full time job of course). Looks great now anyway. Still have small projects lined up, but things are in very good shape.

Fiero life as you can see has been a mess since my original 88 died. After 13 years with one Fiero I have run through a couple. I think everyone saw the t-top I had. It was in great shape. Leaked horribly, and new seals would have cost me a fortune. I sold it as you know, as I wanted more of a daily drive. That car leaked far too much for that.

So I bought my father's long time 85 se last spring. Fun car. I had done all the work on it since 2001, so I was familiar with it. It is rough however, nothing like the condition of that t-top. Very worn out cosmetically.

My daily whip these days is a 2013 Dodge Charger. My Volvo C30 was treated as a pinball and was hit by other drivers 3 times in a six month period. Strange happenings too. Backed into by my wife, then rear ended at a stop light. Finally, hit and damaged fairly badly while parked in a residential driveway when a car left the road. Fixed each time, but I decided to move on due to the amount of damage. I love the dodge, but the huge cruiser car is very different than the small sporty cars I typically buy. Fun for a different reason!
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HEY western ny folks! just a friendly reminder from your 'northern' neighbours, that you're always more than welcome to join us for our local cruises I/we hold every season.
some are just across the border in the Niagara region and most are around the Golden Horshoe, as we call it.

cheers!

------------------
RATE ME IF YOU LIKE MY CRUISES!!!
1985 RED & SILVER CUSTOM GT 2.8 V6...IT LOOKS NICE!

Original 18" x 8" Motegi Roja's, 225-40-ZR18's front, 265-35-ZR18's rears, coil-overs, KYB shocks & struts, 2.5" drop, K&N filters, Holley side scoop, upgraded front & rear sway bars, poly, fully loaded, tinted, & some other nice custom stuff...

1985 GT SILVER CONVERSION PROJECT, 3800 SC SII powered, doesn't look as nice (yet), but it sure goes!

Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

HEY western ny folks! just a friendly reminder from your 'northern' neighbours, that you're always more than welcome to join us for our local cruises I/we hold every season.
some are just across the border in the Niagara region and most are around the Golden Horshoe, as we call it.

cheers!

I already have my Enhanced i'm ready to go!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock