Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? by Archie
Started on: 02-16-2007 01:24 PM
Replies: 982 (123844 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 11-16-2015 02:58 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

motortv's widebody turbo LT1

IP: Logged
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the body, color and wheels. Wish there where more non-choptop widebody notchbacks like this one.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

motortv's widebody turbo LT1

that looks underpowered ..some N02 will take care of that
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anybody seen or heard from bitstream ?

Any updates ?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie

" Everybody has seen the thread on Curley's Wide Body car called the Arch-Rival.

This thread is to determine of there is any REAL interest in a kit to convert a Fiero GT into a Wide Body. "[Quote]

By my count you are up to 9 kits so far, and many more are left slobbering, drooling, and saving, so i think it was proved the interest was most certainly there !

Curly #20
MotorTV (Chuck)
FGT
Leroy
War Hammer
Whodeanie
Godfather
bitstream (canada)
Clay

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-13-2009).]

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2009 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, you have a PM.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2009 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by exoticse:

[Quote]Originally posted by Archie

" Everybody has seen the thread on Curley's Wide Body car called the Arch-Rival.

This thread is to determine of there is any REAL interest in a kit to convert a Fiero GT into a Wide Body. "[Quote]

By my count you are up to 9 kits so far, and many more are left slobbering, drooling, and saving, so i think it was proved the interest was most certainly there !

Curly #20
MotorTV (Chuck)
FGT
Leroy
War Hammer
Whodeanie
Godfather
bitstream (canada)
Clay

ExoticSE ???????????
next on the list?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chuck's MadArch Notch widebody at the Dells;

(Picks Courtesy of thefierofarm.com)

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-31-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MadArching continued;

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking into the widebody kit for a notchback.

On MotorTV's car, on page 12,

"The front wheels are 18x8 with a 22.2mm+ offset
The rear wheels are 19x11 with a 9.5mm+ offset
Rear tire size is 315-25ZR-19"

Is this accurate?? and that would be for an 84-87?? Would an 18x11 w/ 11mm offset (315/30/R18) correctly fit this widebody with an 88 cradle swap into a 84-87?? I would hate to order these rims and it be way off from the body lines.
Thanks

[This message has been edited by Nebiros88 (edited 06-02-2009).]

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey archie,
how long is the wait for a wide body kit (with front fenders) for a gt.
also when you ship is it door to door or greyhound?
lastly is it necessary to get a set of fiberglass door skins or will the kit hold up on the stock skins. (i plan on driving my car almost every day)
thanks
al

------------------
87 maroon gt 5 spd

PFF
System Bot
BitStream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BitStreamSend a Private Message to BitStreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All... I'm back in action!!!! Finally!!!!

Have I ever told anyone how I hate winter and this country I live in. The weather sucks so bad!!! One day its nice at 24 Deg Celcius so you plan to do some work on the car the next day... Low and behold, it's the May long weekend and it SNOWS!!!!

Anyways, the weather has finally decided to cooperate, and I got some work done.

All the pieces are sanded and ready for the first coat of filler primer.

I figured I would bodo up the dors and make them straight... Were they straight? NOT!!! You have to love fiberglass!!!

Being a newbie, and labouring for 5 hours, the driver side door is ready for primer accept for a few questions I have for everyone.

Remember I am a newbie as the car thing, and this is my first project. Anyways, I am not sure how to tackle a couple of issues. If these questions are stupid, I do appologize.

1. What can I do about the height difference from the door to the front fender? (Bottom Specific)

2. Should I be filling the GAP from the rear of the door to the rear fender? and is so... How?
3. What is the most effective way to create proper corners and balance...(Top Rear Door and Front Rear Wheel Well Edge)

Rear Pic

Any suggestions would be appreciated... Thanks all

Erv

[This message has been edited by BitStream (edited 06-05-2009).]

BitStream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BitStreamSend a Private Message to BitStreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BitStream

19 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Also guys,

1. What do the most of you do with the wheel wells to compensate for the wider body panels in the front and rear to get full coverage.

2. What do the most of you do in fastening the top of the ground effect skirt to the fender..

3. I want to put dimond grate on the air wells... Any Ideas on how to install them? I have to cut them etc.

Again, suggestions are appreciated.

Erv

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool, bit stream glad to see you are back !

Hopefully guys like Whodeanie, Godfather, and v-8 Archie can chime in here as they have all worked on installing these kits,...guys ??
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fiberglass and bodywork are art forms and with that being said are subject to however you want to do them.
I was at Archies last week and looked at how they did Clay's car and it was done way differant than I did mine. not that eather was better than the other just done differant.
to bolt the rockers to the rear just drill holes in the flanges and bolt them together you will have to remove the inner fender wells to get to it.
if you look at my therad you will see how I did the side vents and other things. the one thing I did wrong is that I installed the screens before paint now I need to take them out and reinstall them after because you can not get in there to paint. live and learn.
your car is looking great by the way. if you have any questions just PM me.
I hope this helps you.
D.
aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

Is this accurate?? and that would be for an 84-87?? Would an 18x11 w/ 11mm offset (315/30/R18) correctly fit this widebody with an 88 cradle swap into a 84-87?? I would hate to order these rims and it be way off from the body lines.
Thanks

I would also like to know this.
I don't have an '88, so how would the wheel size differ? Or should those same specs work?
Thanks.
BitStream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BitStreamSend a Private Message to BitStreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got my fingers crossed because I am looking at buying another donor (loaded) with lots of other work done to it that I would not have to do myself.

Things it has that mine does not...

Power Windows, Locks
V6 with Getrag
Vented Hood front and rear.

I guess the only thing I really need to get to get things rolling is the power locks as the widebody covers off the key hole. The other is just added bonus. If you know what I mean.

I guess I will be waiting an hour or two to find out. It is in EDM, I live an hour away, and another guy is going to be looking at it in an hour or so.

Fingers crossed... Waiting with baited breath...:-)

Erv

P.S. Anybody know where I can get a throttle body for the 86 2.5... This one sticks really bad. I have already replaced the throttle cable to no avail...

aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2009 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BitStream:
Erv

P.S. Anybody know where I can get a throttle body for the 86 2.5... This one sticks really bad. I have already replaced the throttle cable to no avail...

PM'd
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2009 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey guys,
you can now add me to the list! placed the order today. now the agonizing wait...cant' wait to get it.

------------------
87 maroon gt 5 spd

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

hey guys,
you can now add me to the list! placed the order today. now the agonizing wait...cant' wait to get it.

Sweet ! Looking forward to seeing your build. Any pre-pictures of your car ? Notchback or GT ?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Sweet ! Looking forward to seeing your build. Any pre-pictures of your car ? Notchback or GT ?

LOL! another one
Tony you better get a move on
D.

PFF
System Bot
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2009 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mine is a gt.
how do you post pics here?
BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try the PIP to post yor pictures or use "My Fiero image hosting" (its not mine)which has been setup for PFF members to host their pictures

Tim
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2009 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PIP?
lets pretend i'm an idiot (probably not a far stretch)
can someone pm or email me with instructions?
please
al
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2009 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

PIP?
lets pretend i'm an idiot (probably not a far stretch)
can someone pm or email me with instructions?
please
al

I tried it once or twice and never used it again.

link for photo host:
http://www.myfiero.com/imagehost.php

link to resize pics for free:
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

1. fisrt resize your pic until it is 100kb or less and save it to your computer
2. use the host site to make a link for the forum use the second one that says Forum Code

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

Philero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhileroSend a Private Message to PhileroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure if this was covered, but the Diamond grate thingie I figured out just the other day. Now, I must admit this sounds a bit hoakie, but it looked awesome when I finished, and was a breeze to do.

I went down to my local Fred Meyer (any hardware store will do) and bought some gutter guard.... it is in a roll and is meant to protect your gutters on your house from collecting debris like leaves and such. It is made of a black pliable plastic material, and forms to Archie's intakes very well. I then used a high temp glue stick in my glue gun and affixed them with ease. It takes a bit of patience, but considering any other option I could think of, this was the best and fastest solution I could think of... Plus... it ended up looking awesome!

------------------
Phil
Always trying to create something new!
'88 SE
'84 SE
'87 GT Extreme body mod and 2.8L Turbo Propane powered (in the garage and getting closer to being completed)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2009 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

Thanks

Originally posted by MotorTV:

If you Reeeeeaaaallly want to know.... LOL
19x11 5-100 et10 efs oz sl3 rear wheel
18x8 5-100 et22 efs oz sl3 front wheel
315/25ZR-19 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 rear tire
225/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 XL front tire
Chuck

aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2009 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will that big of a rim only work on '88's?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aeffertz:

Will that big of a rim only work on '88's?

Using the same specs.... no. Why? Because the 88's stick out by 1/2" more than pre 88s. You'll need to change the specs to make it work or just use 1/2" less of a lip making the rim 19x10.5.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-21-2009).]

aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! Exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pic of my car before mods.
really a test to see if i can do pics here.
al

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 06-22-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
So0pahBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for So0pahBoySend a Private Message to So0pahBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any pics of a widebody fastback without choptop?
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by So0pahBoy:

any pics of a widebody fastback without choptop?

Look at page 17 of this thread there is a white one.

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2009 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
check out The ClayTonto build thread in the construction zone. another great looking ride!!!
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Arch,
got mine today everything was in one piece...well each piece was in one piece....you get the idea.

one question, how do i mount (or secure) the front part of the rocker / scoop panel behind the front wheel, where it sits in the recess of the front fender (former body moulding area)?
or does it sit there and secure at the front fender well?
thanks
al
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Using the same specs.... no. Why? Because the 88's stick out by 1/2" more than pre 88s. You'll need to change the specs to make it work or just use 1/2" less of a lip making the rim 19x10.5.

Actually it depends on the wheel offset so it could be between 1/2" to 3/4" in the rear. Here is some info on research and tests done on my '88 with several wheels and what I used (1988 Fiero only).

http://centralfloridafieros...opic=3.msg214#msg214

http://centralfloridafieros...ic=3.msg3010#msg3010

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2009 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
... seeing if there's any interest in the MadArch wide body kit.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-07-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-2-Low in Canada has one sweet ride a red hot color for a red hot car! That is about 80% of what my choptop will look like once i add the archie widebody kit and paint it torch red.A custom chin spoiler, hood and decklid modifications, different wheels, and a few other tweeks will be the difference.

Archie check your PM.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-06-2009).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yours is a fastback, right?

------------------
4,500 RPM in 5th gear is bad?

The Duke will NEVER DIE

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

Yours is a fastback, right?

Yes. Two right now are fastbacks widebodies.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock