Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Any REAL interest in a widebody kit? by Archie
Started on: 02-16-2007 01:24 PM
Replies: 982 (123935 views)
Last post by: FieroFastBackL67 on 11-16-2015 02:58 PM
85duke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I personally think that with the Mad-Arch kit the fastback looks wierd without a chop. It seems like there is too much side window in comparison to the overall body of the car. But on the notch it just seems perfect. I am not saying this purely because I own a notch. Just an observation.

I own this page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by 85duke (edited 10-29-2008).]

IP: Logged
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I also think the problem may be the upturned nose on the car looks kind of funny. A lip spoiler is due! OR someone photoshop the nose from the GT-R on the front. See how it looks with a short nose.

Vinny
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vinny:

I also think the problem may be the upturned nose on the car looks kind of funny. A lip spoiler is due! OR someone photoshop the nose from the GT-R on the front. See how it looks with a short nose.

Vinny

That's been an issue since day one of the Fiero, guess Pontiac didn't want to deal with thousands of busted-up noses under warranty so instead they lifted the nose. A chin spoiler/gravel scoop will take care of that.
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I've got one on my 88. A closed mouth. For some reason it REALLY stands out on that car.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie,

I have lost count, how many of these have you shipped out so far ?

Big thanks again to you and Curly for coming up with an amazing product to enhance our cars.

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

It is weird. So far we've seen couple of the MadArch WideBody kit nearly finished on the fastback with a chop top. And we've seen one MadArch WideBody on a non chopped Notchie.

At this point one has to wonder..... Would a chopped notchie WideBody look weird? Would a fastback WideBody that's not chopped look weird?

As far as the White non-chopped WideBody above, that car is the original car that the 1st set of panes wes fitted to. It might look good once it's lowered and with the correct size wheels & tires, we'll just have to wait & see.

I've looked at Chuck's MadArch WideBody non chopped notchie & I've wondered if it would look ok if it was chopped.

It all remains to be seen but at this point, you're statement could well prove to be correct to some degree.

Archie

To each there own I think the notchie chopped with a wide body would be even better so I photo shopped this just to see. If I won the Lottery it would be done, talk about pipe dreams hehe.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

To each there own I think the notchie chopped with a wide body would be even better so I photo shopped this just to see. If I won the Lottery it would be done, talk about pipe dreams hehe.

I'm glad you chopped it, because it does look good.

Man I wish I could do Photoshop.

Archie
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2008 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And I wish I had you'r mad skills with the real thing! love your work!

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 11-13-2008).]

BitStream

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2008 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BitStreamSend a Private Message to BitStreamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I'm glad you chopped it, because it does look good.

Man I wish I could do Photoshop.

Archie

I have to admit... That looks awsome!!!... Might need to add another project to the car over the winter...:-)

Ervin
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2008 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

While I am still very happy with my decision, and still think the Choptop GT looks better,...had i seen Chuck's car in person before i commissioned the work, i probably would have kept my chopped notchie a notchback, saved the money, and went widebody from there !

Again not because i think the notchie looks better, but just because i did not think it would look as good as it does on Chuck's car. His car is awesome !

#4 Before:

#4 After

At any rate a widebody is next for me !
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BitStream any updates ?
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

At any rate a widebody is next for me !

looks like it could use a little fattining up! the car looks great. have you decided what color yet?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

looks like it could use a little fattining up! the car looks great. have you decided what color yet?

Red it is.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-24-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice rims and big mirrors.
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Red it is.

Tony, nice F355 but those are NOT F355 mirrors. They are F348 mirror where did you find this?

Originally posted by madcurl:
Nice rims and big mirrors.

Big mirrors but not massive.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 11-24-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Massive? Yes, but do they fold?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eB...L=3#ebayphotohosting

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 11-25-2008).]

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Beautiful ride! Is it just me or is the deck lid sagging?

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
10k euro for that car? crap!
that is not one of the better kits that I have seen.
there are several things worng with that car that I can see.
to each there own I guess.
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is a better kit I think even without the photo shopping hehe

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2008 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(Photo Shop pic) This would be pretty wide the Venturi 600LM bodykit on a fastback.

PFF
System Bot
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

(Photo Shop pic) This would be pretty wide the Venturi 600LM bodykit on a fastback.

I vote for it! Got to love those Venturi 400 GT. Is there even a kit for it? They're so few of them I just wonder...

JG
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No...no kit that I know of but there SHOULD BE!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look like 12-inchers to me.

Bump.
scottrinne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scottrinneSend a Private Message to scottrinneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Red it is.

What kind of rims are those?
scottrinne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scottrinneSend a Private Message to scottrinneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^^^^^^^^

Does anyone know what kind of rims those are?

--bump--
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
any problems with using a 355 style nose like the fiero warehouse and your wide body kit front fenders?
also have you noticed any cracking issues where the panels are bonded on?
thanks
al
i really want (NEED) one of these kits but i also love the 355 nose!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 04:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Mad-Arch wide body kit using a 355 nose. Owner of car; Whodeannie

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-24-2009).]

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2009 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have been following that car...love it! but is the fiero warehouse nose different? the wide boby kit front fenders come down lower at the front bumper
area to delete the side moulding dont they?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2009 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

i have been following that car...love it! but is the fiero warehouse nose different? the wide boby kit front fenders come down lower at the front bumper
area to delete the side moulding dont they?

that would be a simple mod to do!
the front nose on my car has been modified beacuse it was an AirDynamics 355 nose for the kit car. I had to make the top by hand as well as cut 4" out of the center.
I have changed it even further since those picks as well.
the widebody kit does not realy affect the front of the car that much. just remember anything goes if you want it!

ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whodeanie
did you glass under the wide body panels or just on the top side. as for glass mods, i have never worked with the stuff so i am not sure how much i should try. bonding panels on and body filler i should be ok with but i am reluctant to do any major mods. you car looks great by the way!
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

whodeanie
did you glass under the wide body panels or just on the top side. as for glass mods, i have never worked with the stuff so i am not sure how much i should try. bonding panels on and body filler i should be ok with but i am reluctant to do any major mods. you car looks great by the way!

PM sent to you!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spring bump!

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly and his spring attack!

progress report captain!
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-05-2016).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly and his spring attack!

progress report captain!

HI all

Do my eyes deceive me??? You moved the sail panels back an inch or so, ummm right?

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

Do my eyes deceive me??? You moved the sail panels back an inch or so, ummm right?

I believe he swapped and incorported the sail panels from a late model mustang.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

I glassed in the area where they used to be and I am using quarter windows from a new Mustang in place of the Plexiglass
D.

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I glassed in the area where they used to be and I am using quarter windows from a new Mustang in place of the Plexiglass
D.

i've always thought those could be worked onto a gt.

------------------
Phil T.

start where you are,
use what you have,
do what you can. arthur ashe

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "otherwise you wouldn't have come here."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock