Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Aftermarket radio install kits. Post pics and info please (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Aftermarket radio install kits. Post pics and info please by skitime
Started on: 02-05-2007 09:33 PM
Replies: 64 (4925 views)
Last post by: Shho13 on 08-15-2015 11:11 AM
Daviero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2010 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DavieroSend a Private Message to DavieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.parts-express.co...=265-804&ctab=1#Tabs

Anybody seen/used this adapter plate before? Is it a DIN1.5 size that will fit the Fiero trim opening? I have bought an Alpine head unit but am thinking on returning it and going with a GM Monsoon unit. I know the Alpine is a much better unit, but I really dislike the fitment issue of a DIN1 unit in a 1.5 hole. This adapter might be the answer?

------------------
Daviero - 88 N* GT

IP: Logged
CSlater21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CSlater21Send a Private Message to CSlater21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curious about this as well....

Has anyone done an install with the above referenced adapter???

If so, what modifications did you have to make.

Thanks in advance.
CSlater21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CSlater21Send a Private Message to CSlater21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CSlater21

85 posts
Member since Oct 2010
Also on the Crutchfield site it is saying that I need one of these relays...?

http://www.crutchfield.com/...000/Metra-E5000.html

Anyone know what this is for?
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CSlater21:

Relays and fuses are required on any add on the fact people don't is why stuff blows up.

Snowman_2_u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Snowman_2_uSend a Private Message to Snowman_2_uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is mine in my '84
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look,....Twins !!

docholliday

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dochollidaySend a Private Message to dochollidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Mount from www.humount.com with a Pioneer MP3 headunit with flip-down front.

I love the faceplate, just ordered one. What I want to know is where you got the white faces for your temperature controls and guages?

------------------
Mike in Indy

miketria

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for miketriaSend a Private Message to miketriaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by docholliday:

I love the faceplate, just ordered one. What I want to know is where you got the white faces for your temperature controls and guages?

Yes, please tell!
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by miketria:

Yes, please tell!

I know you can download and make your own here http://www.fieroshop.com.au...com_docman&Itemid=74
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2011 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
isnt the humount ones illuminated with an LED? or is it some EL Film stuff? either way, i would be looking to change the color. LEDs have so many more options.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in seeing stereos without hummount i want to see the cheaper installs. I am looking for the standard mounted 1 din. I am thinking of just putting a pocket in mine as also cheap on ebay and mount a half din just to control some amps. I will mount it either in the pocket or passenger side of center console. Perhaps i will add a half din equalizer next to it. Half din is kinda neat for retro cars.
PFF
System Bot
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Australian, off topic question...

i am having no luck finding a Monaro 3800sc cover since the USA searches generally only search America web sites. know of any sources to help me out?
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by americasfuture2k:

hey Australian, off topic question...

i am having no luck finding a Monaro 3800sc cover since the USA searches generally only search America web sites. know of any sources to help me out?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/...&hash=item2eb60e5b00

search terms, sv6 supercharged v6 cv6 this is only one i see but it is as cheap as you will find one. $35
http://jhp.com.au/enginecovers.php these guys make them.

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 06-24-2011).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am considering a triple half din set up i just bought a din kit and thinking about modifying it to hold another half din.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-T2mJBrzPzWf/

Best customer service, free shipping, some free adapters, free install kits and a simple instruction sheet.

I've gotten Sony and Kenwood decks from them.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

43222 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by CSlater21:

I believe that is optional, only needed if your car hads the factory subwoofer.
SkyeBologna

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SkyeBolognaClick Here to visit SkyeBologna's HomePageSend a Private Message to SkyeBolognaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car is completely original (other then the GT rims) I added one of these neatly tucked away in behind the radio:

And then I made my own cable and added a 1/8" jack near the cigg lighter. So now I can stream Serius/XM or mp3's from my phone. Kind of the best of both worlds. I would however like a speaker upgrade and a small 25w amp down the road. I want the car as stock as possible.

[This message has been edited by SkyeBologna (edited 06-06-2012).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SkyeBologna:

My car is completely original (other then the GT rims) I added one of these neatly tucked away in behind the radio:

And then I made my own cable and added a 1/8" jack near the cigg lighter. So now I can stream Serius/XM or mp3's from my phone. Kind of the best of both worlds. I would however like a speaker upgrade and a small 25w amp down the road. I want the car as stock as possible.

Thats a cool idea.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-06-2012).]

SkyeBologna

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2012 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkyeBolognaClick Here to visit SkyeBologna's HomePageSend a Private Message to SkyeBolognaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Thats a cool idea.

thank you

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-06-2012 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TD37:

I've got one from humount.com as well. I love it! It is great. He made this one custom and will do it for anyone. It was done pretty quick and he sent me a picture before he shipped it so I knew what I was getting. Hook up is very simple and it looks sick.

-Tim

that is slick,, me want, bookmarked..
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-06-2012 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal

11708 posts
Member since Mar 2012

Originally posted by SkyeBologna:

ROCKFORDFOSGATE just came out with amps that are tiny,, but man the punch..
PFF
System Bot
GBglide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got mine in! A Humount install kit with a JVC KD_AVX77.

My gauges also.

I also put in EL wire and made the Fiero badges light up.

[This message has been edited by GBglide (edited 12-01-2012).]

Mykola

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2012 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MykolaSend a Private Message to MykolaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unit Plays DVDs and Blu-Ray. Has USB and AUX plugin. Also has built in Bluetooth for my phone and other devices. Monitor has HDMI plugins for my laptop and PS3.

Internet-man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Internet-manSend a Private Message to Internet-manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GBglide:

I finally got mine in! A Humount install kit with a JVC KD_AVX77.

My gauges also.

I also put in EL wire and made the Fiero badges light up.

Did U use a blue LED to change the color of your HVAC light?
Shho13

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shho13Send a Private Message to Shho13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is mine from Humount with the Speedhut gauge faces at night.

And the rest of my system behind passenger seat. Sorry for the disgustingly dirty carpet:

Sub is a Soundstream USB-8A, "150 watts RMS" though it fills out the lows fairly well.
Four channel amp is a Sounstream Picasso Nano 100 watts RMS per channel.
Headunit is a Pioneer DEHX8600BH.

------------------
"Discord"
Red 1988 GT under restoration!

Let's Go Mets!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[This message has been edited by Shho13 (edited 08-15-2015).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)