Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 10-30-2006 02:46 AM
Replies: 696 (49037 views)
Last post by: Twoolz on 05-07-2017 11:47 AM
ohio86se

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Purple,
Have you considered developing the engine side dog bone bracket out of steel?

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

IP: Logged
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohio86se:

Purple,
Have you considered developing the engine side dog bone bracket out of steel?

Yes

I suppose If I had more time for research, it would be pretty easy. I have only heard of two people breaking thiers and it was because way too much material was cut away from the bracket. So far the aluminum is holding up even on my car. I dont get it. But I'll try to put something together while I'm also developing a bracket for the auto trans on the Series III
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2007 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Yes

I suppose If I had more time for research, it would be pretty easy. I have only heard of two people breaking thiers and it was because way too much material was cut away from the bracket. So far the aluminum is holding up even on my car. I dont get it. But I'll try to put something together while I'm also developing a bracket for the auto trans on the Series III

Purple,
Im sending a PM
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to floridafiero, I now have the extra cradle I needed to put the mounts on.

PURPLEREIGN,Let me know what I need to do to get a set for a manual setup.

Thanks for the help, Steve

[This message has been edited by JumpStart (edited 02-18-2007).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JumpStart:

Thanks to floridafiero, I now have the extra cradle I needed to put the mounts on.

PURPLEREIGN,Let me know what I need to do to get a set for a manual setup.

Thanks for the help, Steve

Paypal or a money order sent is what everyone has been doing

LMK .........I can ship soon as the "U" channel is cut.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you have the bracket that fits this side of this 4t65hd?

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

do you have the bracket that fits this side of this 4t65hd?

What year transmission is that ??? I'm guessing that is from an 05 or newer. Loyde wants we to make that bracket.
I've never seen a hole pattern like that.

This is the bracket that is supposed to go there ( 88 to 2004 ) trans although the bracket is pictured upside-down

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 02-19-2007).]

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What year transmission is that ??? I'm guessing that is from an 05 or newer. Loyde wants we to make that bracket.
I've never seen a hole pattern like that.

This is the bracket that is supposed to go there ( 88 to 2004 ) trans although the bracket is pictured upside-down

I thought it was 97, but upon looking at codes on the engine it looks like an 02' or 04' ?

the circle stamping things show '02, and there is a print around this axle input too.
(large detailed pic click to open)
This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.
this tag shows some codes, indented into the paper (top right corner) it says:
2A

trans as it sits right now, sitting in the middle of the cradle on wooden blocks.

this is the lumina bracket I was going to put on it, was hoping I screwed up and would be able to get a Purple Reign bracket.

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll get that bracket designed & made as soon as someone local gives up a core. Then I'll design the upper dogbone out of steel
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2007 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
bobm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2007 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bobmSend a Private Message to bobmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick note here for everyone, especially those considering purchasing these mounts. I received mine today, thanks Shawn.
I can tell you that they are of excellent quality and workmanship. Boxed and packaged very well. I'm always somewhat of a nervous buyer in some situations and I was very impressed and not dissapointed in the least.

I'll be sending in my ALT bracket next week for modification.

Thanks again, I'll be in touch, Bobm
PFF
System Bot
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Purple Ill be getting the set for the manual version of the 3800 swap.

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anytime..................... they're on the shelf ready.
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
Hurricane

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2007 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HurricaneSend a Private Message to HurricaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anytime..................... they're on the shelf ready.

when are mine going to be shipped out? i paid 2 weeks ago
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2007 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hurricane:

when are mine going to be shipped out? i paid 2 weeks ago

Relax.....................once in a while I run out. Not very often. The welder I use is having trouble with the jig used to make them. Should be done by Sunday.
fierogt455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Purple,

Do you have a 3 piece set of adapter brackets to simply mount a 3800 with an auto trans up to stock rubber mounts in stock?

Thanks
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt455:

Purple,

Do you have a 3 piece set of adapter brackets to simply mount a 3800 with an auto trans up to stock rubber mounts in stock?

Thanks

Not a problem, $180 for the set. Shipments leaving today.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is so cool that you're doing those mounts. I much rather support the underdog independent person than a company. I'm also sure that you give people individualized attention, should the request it instead of just referring them to a catalog.

Good Job on these, they look awesome!!!

They probably cut down the work a whole lot and speed up the swap. Hopefully I can save up soon to do a swap.

Too bad 3800 + stick =isn't C.A.R.B. legal in California. I'd love that swap. Hopefully I'm proven wrong though. *shrug*

-M
fierogt455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent.
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent PR. Thanks

Steve
PFF
System Bot
fierogt455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received my mounts today. The quailty is great.

Thanks
Hurricane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HurricaneSend a Private Message to HurricaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did yours line up ok? the mount where the engine bolts to the cradle was off by about 3/8" on mine. i just got them in the mail today, so they should be from the same batch.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2007 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hurricane:

did yours line up ok? the mount where the engine bolts to the cradle was off by about 3/8" on mine. i just got them in the mail today, so they should be from the same batch.

Which mount ??? and are you using an 88 cradle ??
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2007 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to slightly trim my rear tranny mount to make it work.... is that normal???
Hurricane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2007 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HurricaneSend a Private Message to HurricaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Which mount ??? and are you using an 88 cradle ??

its an 86 cradle. the bolt holes for the lower engine mount to cradle were too close. had to slot both holes to get the mount to lineup. on the upper part of the engine mount, i had to grind about 1/8" from the top of the gusset to get it to clear the block. i didnt finish getting the drivetrain mounted last night, so ill post back once its done and let you know what else needs to be adjusted
Hurricane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2007 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HurricaneSend a Private Message to HurricaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did a test fit and it seems to be a good fit in the engine bay. have your welder adjust his fixture for the engine holes by about 5/16" further apart and they'd be perfect
topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2007 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Purple Reign, do you have any of the engine brackets ready to ship? I have paypal and ready to send payment.
sYkboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2007 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sYkboySend a Private Message to sYkboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh I may be wanting some real soon too.
MedRedGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2007 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MedRedGTSend a Private Message to MedRedGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I use your mounts to install a 3800SC in my 88GT 5-speed , will I have to trim the hood ?
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2007 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpage from page 2.
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2007 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

Purple Reign, do you have any of the engine brackets ready to ship? I have paypal and ready to send payment.

Yes.

ayoraway@yahoo.com

Originally posted by MedRedGT:

If I use your mounts to install a 3800SC in my 88GT 5-speed , will I have to trim the hood ?

Well if you mount the engine under the "hood" you'll need to trim anyway if you mount it under the decklid it fits fine until you intercool it.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2007 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent for one engine bracket.

chopper 69

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chopper 69Send a Private Message to chopper 69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Purple
Did you get my PM?
If not here ya go,
Hey Purple do you have a full set of Engine and AutoTranny mounts as well as the alt. bracket for an "02 3800 s/c going onto an '84 cradle.
If so how much and need shipping to West Coast Canada.

Kelowna British Columbia
Canada V1P 1H6
sYkboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sYkboySend a Private Message to sYkboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. Bumparoony.
bobm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bobmSend a Private Message to bobmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shawn,

I've been trying to get you by Email and Phone you a couple of times. Is everything Ok?
yellow fever

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow feverSend a Private Message to yellow feverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did anybody else have to shim their tranny brackets. My tranny looks like Back on Holidays pictures. I really had to shim the rear tranny bracket. Is this common. It has alot of vibration. I was told my tranny is a 99 gtp.
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2007 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm having the same issues as everyone else...

Tranny mount and engine mount holes do not line up

------------------

87GT
Massachusetts
ignorantprodigy@aol.com

LAMBO

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just an FYI for those of you who aren't sure of the year for your 4t65eHD trannies. In the photo below of the inspection tag, the number circled in red indicates the year of your particular tranny.

Just tryin to help.

btw, thanks for the mounts shawn.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock