Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 10-30-2006 02:46 AM
Replies: 696 (49037 views)
Last post by: Twoolz on 05-07-2017 11:47 AM
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I take it your complete manual setup will allow use for the 4spd muncie and stock dogbone?
IP: Logged
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

I thought you only did mounts, i didnt know you did low mount alt brackets too. How much do you charge to make up a low mount alt bracket using the 1998 3800 altenator?

I thought I put in the listing $250 with your stock Fiero bracket sent in. But yes I'm still making them.

Originally posted by Matthew_Fiero:

So I take it your complete manual setup will allow use for the 4spd muncie and stock dogbone?

That's correct Keep in mind that the determination of where exactly the engine will sit in the bay cannot really be controlled. So a slightly custom dogbone maybe needed to make which is REALLY easy, and I can even get you the pieces.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my enginebracket delivered today, it looks well made and pretty strong. Thanks !
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Got my enginebracket delivered today, it looks well made and pretty strong. Thanks !

are you kidding ???? that's the fastest overseas delivery I have ever seen !!!!
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2007 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Check your PM's
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2007 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:
are you kidding ???? that's the fastest overseas delivery I have ever seen !!!!

USPS non-priority airmail works great
wished I used it for my Spec3 and Walbro order too.....its been 8 months so I guess that order is lost...have to order these again

greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mounts lined up great!

any updates on the alt bracket?

Thanks, Ryan
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greengoblin0129:

Mounts lined up great!
any updates on the alt bracket?

Thanks, Ryan

DANG your fast !!!

I'm in the middle of the alt bracket. Just finished & boxed the one for " Paul " can't remember his PFF I.D.
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2007 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DANG your fast !!!

I'm in the middle of the alt bracket. Just finished & boxed the one for " Paul " can't remember his PFF I.D.

I was just curious as to when you might ship that. I know it takes awhile to fabricate, but this is the last part i'm waiting on and i'm anxious
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was just curious as to when you might ship that. I know it takes awhile to fabricate, but this is the last part i'm waiting on and i'm anxious

Trying to finish it in the morning.
daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey shawn
Did you happen to get my mount set shipped out. Let me know please. Thanks Daniel
PFF
System Bot
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shawn, you have a PM.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

Hey shawn
Did you happen to get my mount set shipped out. Let me know please. Thanks Daniel

Yours should be there today or Monday. They were shipped earlier in the week.
FIERO1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO1985Send a Private Message to FIERO1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you do the low mount for the alt using the gtp alt? I do not have a stock fiero 2.8 bracket, do you use the 2.8 bracket and modify it to accept the use of a 3800 alt? what is the price for one I am needing less a 2.8 bracket core.

Dan

------------------

NO MORE!!!! GOING 3.8SC cammed, intercooled and pulley oh my

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's hard to remember that long ago when I started making them, but I thought the bracket would accept either alt. I may need to go back & research this but I'm pretty sure the GTP alt fits the Fiero bracket.
FIERO1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO1985Send a Private Message to FIERO1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah I am a noob on 3800 and unclear....lol if I dont have a bracket do you have any? and if so whats the price for the mount if I dont supply a core mount?
thanks
dan

------------------

NO MORE!!!! GOING 3.8SC cammed, intercooled and pulley oh my

daniel87fierogt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shawn,
I recieved the mounts and they look awesome. Very sturdy and clean looking. Cant wait till there actually holding something up
Thanks Daniel
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any chance that I will have the bracket by Friday 1/26? I know you said you were finishing it up on the 18th and was wondering if you shipped it yet.

Thanks, Ryan
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm done with it, I'll ship it 2 day priority in the morning
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was told in another thread that different 3800 mount kits fit different 3800s. If so, Out of which type of car does the engine need to be from to use your mounts?

[This message has been edited by JumpStart (edited 01-28-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JumpStart:

I was told in another thread that different 3800 mount kits fit different 3800s. If so, Out of which type of car does the engine need to be from to use your mounts?

Not on GM 3800's, at least not dating all the way back to the early 90's and there isn't anyone signing up to put that old of an engine in.

What type of swap are you planning ???
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I am looking at is a 3800sc series 2 (L67) and a late model Getrag 5 spd. Both from around '99 and up.

From what I have been told, the best cars to get the engine from are GrandPrix's and Regals (W body) because of the oil filter adapter.

Im not sure about the '00 - '05 Impalas though. They are also a W body.

I was thinking that the Impalas or Regals would be less likely to have been run hard and owned by older people but I was also told that the GP's are much easier to get the PCM out of the car with the wiring harness.

Thanks, Steve

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Depending on which mounts you plan on using it makes a difference which car the engine comes from, for WCF mounts it needs to be a GTP or Regal SC car. bets harness is the GTP as well as best PCM to use is the 97-2000 GTP as they are easier to deal with things like pass key and the programmers work on these PCM's all the time. If not a GTP or Regal then you will need an oil filter adapter and possibly an oil pan from a GTP. One other point is to make sure all the sensors and solenoids are still on the engine as some get damaged and some sold off by the wreckers and can be a real pain finding them later on. Dan

Edit: This is where I got this bit of info about the mounts and harness.

[This message has been edited by JumpStart (edited 01-29-2007).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Never heard of fitment problems on any of the engines mount wise. But I agree that a Regal, Riviera, Impala, Park Avenue Ultra, are much less likely to have been beat to death. The Grand Prix is easier from the standpoint of the filter adapter & the coilpack mount which controls the SC belt routing. BUT........the filter adapter can be pulled from any earlier 3800 from a salvage yard by 4 bolts. I also found out that the coil pack mount is the same on the Grand Prix 3800 N/A motors, just needs the tensioner & idler pulley. If your good at figuring things out, you can find what you need for close to nothing.
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Grand Prix is easier from the standpoint of the filter adapter & the coilpack mount which controls the SC belt routing. BUT........the filter adapter can be pulled from any earlier 3800 from a salvage yard by 4 bolts. I also found out that the coil pack mount is the same on the Grand Prix 3800 N/A motors, just needs the tensioner & idler pulley.

I thought that all the SC engines would have the tensioner and idler pully on them?
I have not seen anyone mention the coil pack or coil pack mount. Not sure just what it is that I would be looking for.

Also I have no idea what the OBD looks like. I have only read that the OBD1 is easier to wire and program and that the OBD2 doesnt really have much advantage over the OBD1.

Sorry to ask so many questions but I really want to make sure what all I am looking for and get the correct parts to do it right the first time. If you might have links to pictures of these parts would help greatly.

Atleast I know where I am getting my mounts from.

Much thanks PR

Steve

Edit: I now have a Fiero in the driveway and a tax return burning a hole in my pocket.

[This message has been edited by JumpStart (edited 01-30-2007).]

JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumpty Bump Bump....
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
O.K. .........you can pretty much use any 96 or newer 3800SC out of any car. The one reason people use the Grand Prix is they come with the coil pack mount at a 45* angle as shown on this pic

You will need to cut most of the top of the bracket off, but it is at the right angle as to not interfere with the decklid hinge area. The other cars like Bonneville, Park Ave, etc have the mount flat, horizontal. These will hit the decklid hinge area, but personally I wouldnt choose a motor on that reason just like what you said above ( beating on a Grand Prix ) What I also found out is the 3800 N/A motor has the same cast iron bracket, just not the tensioner & idler for the Supercharger. So all you need to do ( if you didnt get a Grand Prix engine ) is grab the cast iron bracket from a 3800 N/A engine in a salvage yard, stop at a parts store for the tensioner & idler and you have what you need.

The other reason some go after the Grand Prix is a more aggressive PCM and gearing in the trans. NOT really applicable in your case. You will just need a PCM from a 94 or 95 3800 of any variety from a salvage yard with the wires ( about 12 inches or so ) this PCM makes for easy chip burning from DarthFiero. When wired right you will have OBDII scan capability on an OBDI PCM.

Seeing as how you only need the 3800SC engine, you should get it pretty cheap, and then hunt for the corresponding parts you need.

LMK what other help you need.
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm done with it, I'll ship it 2 day priority in the morning

It's been 3 business days, I still haven't received it. Did you ship it USPS or UPS? LMK, and please send me a tracking #.
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well...I am going to see if I can find a 3800sc from a 00-03 Buick Regal GS or Impala. From what I understand, 04 was when they went to the OBD2 so Im trying to stay with the OBD1. Then the coilpack bracket from a N/A 3800. This should get me a start.
FIERO1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO1985Send a Private Message to FIERO1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
whats the wait time for a set of mounts for a manual 4 speed and 3800 engine bracket?

------------------
3800sc XP Hot Cam, Comp Pushrods, Comp Lifters, Stage 3 Blower,Ported Lower Manifold, N* Throttle Body, LS1 MAF, Ported Heads,.052 Cometic 4 Layer Headgaskets, Stage 2 ZZP Intercooler, 2.6 Pulley, SLP Headers. Elimislip Pulley Set up, 42.5 Lucas Injectors, Custom Tune! Ahhhhh.....yeah

Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The mounts worked great. Everything lined up perfect. They saved me tons of time and welding burns. Probably the most reliable part of my swap too lol. Very heavy duty. west coast fieros can bow down to these.

Thank you! Good Product!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 01-31-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's been 3 business days, I still haven't received it. Did you ship it USPS or UPS? LMK, and please send me a tracking #.

Day 4, still not here. Even if you shipped it on Friday 1/26 regular mail, I would have received it by now. I just need to know, its the only part that is holding me up.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO1985:

whats the wait time for a set of mounts for a manual 4 speed and 3800 engine bracket?

Same day shipping.......

Well...I am going to see if I can find a 3800sc from a 00-03 Buick Regal GS or Impala. From what I understand, 04 was when they went to the OBD2 so Im trying to stay with the OBD1. Then the coilpack bracket from a N/A 3800. This should get me a start.

Actually OBD2 came out in 94 Series 3 engines came out in 04. Anyhow doing series 1 wiring will be easy.

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

The mounts worked great. Everything lined up perfect. They saved me tons of time and welding burns. Probably the most reliable part of my swap too lol. Very heavy duty. west coast fieros can bow down to these.

Thank you! Good Product!

Thank YOU Chris. Glad it went well. Did you ever figure out what year that driveline is ???

Day 4, still not here. Even if you shipped it on Friday 1/26 regular mail, I would have received it by now. I just need to know, its the only part that is holding me up.

Sorry for the delay buddy. I tried stuffing it in a box but just couldn't get it to work. The post office don't like it when the box is bulging or parts hanging out. Might need to " make " one in the morning, and I'll get you a tracking # when it's on the way.
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Odd how i found it out. I couldnt get ahold of the guy who sold it to me for a long time. I was at the junkyard and found him getting a turbo off some some 300zx and i asked and turns out its a 96. And i was ready to believe it was a 93. Ha.
greengoblin0129

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry for the delay buddy. I tried stuffing it in a box but just couldn't get it to work. The post office don't like it when the box is bulging or parts hanging out. Might need to " make " one in the morning, and I'll get you a tracking # when it's on the way.

OK, so that was last friday 1-26 when you found out it wouldn't fit in the box and now another week has gone by and it still hasn't been shipped. Sorry, but its really frustrating when you keep thinking each day that the part is going to arrive and then its a no show. I sent the money to you on Dec. 26th so I don't think its unrealistic to expect it by now. I hope you ship it today LMK the tracking #.
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I didnt really want that old of an engine (94 or older) so I guess I will just use the OBD2 with a series 2 sc.
bobm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bobmSend a Private Message to bobmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the contact info or procedure for buying these mounts?
I have a 2005 series III 3800 GTP and auto trans (HD).
FIERO1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO1985Send a Private Message to FIERO1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
anyone have pictures of the front mount installed I am still a 3800 noob and wondered how that front mount works and what it looks like installed

------------------
3800sc XP Hot Cam, Comp Pushrods, Comp Lifters, Stage 3 Blower,Ported Lower Manifold, N* Throttle Body, LS1 MAF, Ported Heads,.052 Cometic 4 Layer Headgaskets, Stage 2 ZZP Intercooler, 2.6 Pulley, SLP Headers. Elimislip Pulley Set up, 42.5 Lucas Injectors, Custom Tune! Ahhhhh.....yeah

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK, so that was last friday 1-26 when you found out it wouldn't fit in the box and now another week has gone by and it still hasn't been shipped. Sorry, but its really frustrating when you keep thinking each day that the part is going to arrive and then its a no show. I sent the money to you on Dec. 26th so I don't think its unrealistic to expect it by now. I hope you ship it today LMK the tracking #.

Sorry...............the colder it gets here, the busier the shop is. Were expecting -35* on Sat.
It was shipped this morning with delivery confirmation. They said Sat.

Confirmation # 03062400000228555130 by USPS.

Well I didnt really want that old of an engine (94 or older) so I guess I will just use the OBD2 with a series 2 sc.

I must not have been clear enough.
You can use any Series 2 engine and wire it with an OBD 1 computer on a manual swap. It makes things MUCH easier for chip burning and simplifying the wiring. The only reason most people do a swap with a series 2 computer is because you need the original computer to control the Auto trans.

Originally posted by bobm:

What is the contact info or procedure for buying these mounts?
I have a 2005 series III 3800 GTP and auto trans (HD).

Easy
Paypal
P.M.
Phone 612-845-8445
Telegraph
Pony express
Snail mail

Originally posted by FIERO1985:

anyone have pictures of the front mount installed I am still a 3800 noob and wondered how that front mount works and what it looks like installed

Well the pic shown above is the best one I have seen yet.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 02-01-2007).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2007 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm................................everyone must have thier stuff.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock