Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 Conversion Mounts are back ! by PURPLE REIGN
Started on: 10-30-2006 02:46 AM
Replies: 696 (49037 views)
Last post by: Twoolz on 05-07-2017 11:47 AM
Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a few PM's Purple Reign, just wondering if you got them and if you sent out the low mount alt bracket yet?
IP: Logged
SteelmanGTP

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2008 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelmanGTPSend a Private Message to SteelmanGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you a PM about brackets
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know he was out of town for a couple days. I'm sure he'll reply right when he gets back, if he hasn't already.

Thanks!

MOBILE

------------------

Member MN Fieros Forever
Self Installed SC3800/getrag. 13 years in Car Audio and Car Electronics Experiance........ 19"s.. w/ 13" Brakes all around.

Fiero Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2008 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, he's gotten back to me. He's a hard person to get a hold of, but he does get back to you eventually
Fiero Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if you got my low-mount alternator bracket shipped out yet Shawn? Can't seem to get a hold of you through PM's or email.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2008 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Owner:

Just wondering if you got my low-mount alternator bracket shipped out yet Shawn? Can't seem to get a hold of you through PM's or email.

Yep. it's on it's way. I've been busy lately trying to get mounts out. I dont check P.M. or E-mail but more than a couple times a week, especially since the show is coming and I have A LOT of work to do not only at the house but on the cars too.

That's just the tip of the iceberg with 187 P.M.'s and 2 E-mail accounts to check
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2008 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shawn,
Chris from the Dells Run. Did you ever get the auto mounts yet from your welder?
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2008 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Shawn,
Chris from the Dells Run. Did you ever get the auto mounts yet from your welder?

Yes. They're in. Just need to assemble them & ready for shipping.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2008 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have compared Purple Reigns mounts to the WCF mounts and they are really made well. PR's steel is thicker but the weak part of any engine mount is the one single bolt that holds the motor mount to the bracket.
After working on a swap where these were installed I would not hessitate to recommend and use them. However, it should be pointed out that these mounts won't fit the 03 and later 4T65eHD automatics as the mounting point is hard to pick up. I had to go to WCF for these on my swap.

------------------
87GT - 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YAY THE POLY CAME IN FROM ENERGY SUSPENSION !!!!! after 6 Freakin MONTHS !!

All shipments are out & accounted for. Thanks everyone !!!! especially for your patience.
crab daddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crab daddySend a Private Message to crab daddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I emailed you

------------------
Thinking about dropping the L67 from my gp into a Fiero.
12.466 @ 114.15 INTENSE S1X/ZZP IC/TOG Headers

crab daddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crab daddySend a Private Message to crab daddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just ordered... looking forward to it.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crab daddy:

I just ordered... looking forward to it.

Those are already shipped
crab daddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crab daddySend a Private Message to crab daddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Those are already shipped

I recieved these yesterday. They look great.

that was quick

------------------
Thinking about dropping the L67 from my gp into a Fiero.
12.466 @ 114.15 INTENSE S1X/ZZP IC/TOG Headers

FieroProject07

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroProject07Send a Private Message to FieroProject07Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It appears that I am having issues getting my mounts to align. The two transmission mounts aligned just fine, but the engine mount and bracket aren't. I really don't want to have to drill holes. Is it possible that the bracket is manufactured incorrectly? The cradle is from an '88 GT and is mated to a 5spd getrag.

[This message has been edited by FieroProject07 (edited 08-13-2008).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroProject07:

It appears that I am having issues getting my mounts to align. The two transmission mounts aligned just fine, but the engine mount and bracket aren't. I really don't want to have to drill holes. Is it possible that the bracket is manufactured incorrectly? The cradle is from an '88 GT and is mated to a 5spd getrag.

Everything usually takes some degree modifying to get thing to work. I havent seen too many issues with the 5-speed installs. It looks as though you may need to make the slotted trans mounting holes longer. They should have been slotted from the factory to allow for the engine & trans variances when mounting. That should get the engine bracket to sit where it should on the lower engine mount. As most know the lower engine mount on 88 cradles will need redrilling of the cradle to work.

Any other questions, dont hesitate to ask.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 08-13-2008).]

FieroProject07

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2008 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroProject07Send a Private Message to FieroProject07Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok that sounds like a good solution. I'll try that. Thanks a ton. (mounts look very well made by the way!)
85SEJAX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2008 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEJAXSend a Private Message to 85SEJAXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent you a few PMs and the money, just wondering what the status was on my mounts

Thanks
James
PFF
System Bot
85SEJAX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEJAXSend a Private Message to 85SEJAXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am kinda curious how long it usually takes for the mounts to arrive, they were shipped on the 18th along with some things I ordered from a place in california and those parts arrived on the 20th but still no mounts.......
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEJAX:

I am kinda curious how long it usually takes for the mounts to arrive, they were shipped on the 18th along with some things I ordered from a place in california and those parts arrived on the 20th but still no mounts.......

They made it out the door a little late this week, been WAAAAAAAY busy. Anyhow they are on the way and should be there Sat. or Mon.
85SEJAX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2008 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEJAXSend a Private Message to 85SEJAXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!!!
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2008 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shawn,
You have a PM
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can i get a complete mount kit for a 3800sc and 5sp tranny?

Rick Clark

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2008 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

can i get a complete mount kit for a 3800sc and 5sp tranny?

Rick Clark

Not a problem. Still a few sets in stock.

I dont check the forum that often, so P.M. is best or e-mail.

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 10-11-2008).]

A1MEFGT8488

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2008 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for A1MEFGT8488Send a Private Message to A1MEFGT8488Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PR,
payment sent.

Chris
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All shipments are out this week.

Thanks!!!!!
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the low mount alt brackets in stock?
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by smartaxel:

Are the low mount alt brackets in stock?

Not currently. Even though I'm working on one, too many people have not sent in their V-6 brackets and ran me out of stock.
PFF
System Bot
smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the realistic timeframe if I send in an alt bracket? Do you do them as you receive them, or do you wait and do them in bulk?
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you have a PM sir
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump for a response
slowfiero9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slowfiero9Send a Private Message to slowfiero9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pmed!
my86fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my86fieroSend a Private Message to my86fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey....purple.... much for a manual set up ? How do i go about getting you the money ? What kinda lead time is there ? .... Jason
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by my86fiero:

Hey....purple.... much for a manual set up ? How do i go about getting you the money ? What kinda lead time is there ? .... Jason

Manual kits are $275 shipped. Most people use Paypal ( ayoraway@yahoo.com ) . and there are some is stock.
All shipment are out, with the exception of 2 Alt brackets.
my86fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my86fieroSend a Private Message to my86fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks man !!
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Manual kits are $275 shipped. Most people use Paypal ( ayoraway@yahoo.com ) . and there are some is stock.
All shipment are out, with the exception of 2 Alt brackets.

How much are the low mount alt brackets without core brackets to modify? Will they work with a 1998 GTP alt? And what would the turn around time be?

Thanks,
Greg

------------------

smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When are the alt brackets going out? Thanks
smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You've got a few PMs..
smartaxel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please respond and let me me know what is going on. Are you sending a replacement alt bracket? I am just stuck waiting here. Thanks
my86fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my86fieroSend a Private Message to my86fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump just because i needs some soon
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock