Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fieros on a Roll. Post your pics (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fieros on a Roll. Post your pics by madcurl
Started on: 07-17-2005 03:33 PM
Replies: 608 (38700 views)
Last post by: Silentassassin185 on 08-30-2013 08:40 AM
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yellowstone and myself on the way to Daytona.

IP: Logged
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

Why would you angle left and right differently?

If you're turning left, you want the left wing to incline so that it produces more downforce. Same logic for a right turn, with the right side going up. This will help counter body roll, and also produce a force on the inside tires of the vehicle to increase available traction and therefore cornering speed/stability.
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

Why would you angle left and right differently?

say you are turning left.

the wing would operate in opposite to increase downforce on the outside tire and theoretically decrease the force on the inside tire. but seeing as the trunk lid connects in the center where it locks but im sure the deck lid presses onto the body

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2011 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I don't understand how suspension and handling and all that works. I would have thought that you would want all 4 tires providing maximum traction in corners. You are saying that because of weight transfer forcing the outside tire to carry more weight and the inside to carry less, you are trying to reduce downforce on the outside tire and increase downforce on the inside? This does not make sense to me. Downforce is effective regardless of the cars momentum, That is why you use downforce instead of bricks in the trunk. I would think you would want maximum downforce on both rear tires to give them maximum traction to counter the car's momentum trying to make it go straight. As for eliminating body roll... shouldn't you tune the suspension to do this?

Anyways, I don't understand it, it is beyond my brainpower, but it is a cool gizmo. I look forward to the finished product.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tuning suspension is obviously very important for racing, but sometimes theres only so much mechanical grip available. Plus, if you only use suspension to counter body roll, you may have a suspension that is much too stiff and unforgiving. Using aerodynamic force to counter body roll gives you the best of both worlds. Also, giving the inside tires a little more downforce gives them more traction. The ratio between the two is now more balanced rather than increasing downforce on both the inside and outside. Since the outside would have already had more normal force on them from cornering, the tire contact patch is deformed and decreased. By balancing the forces, the contact area would be ideally increased.

madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Nice camera pic.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I obviously can't take credit for the camera work, I'm the one driving. That was one of my buddies at school. More pics and videos to come (check the build thread too)

------------------

Check out my build!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003
A little more "On a Roll" video..

I apologize for the weird sounding audio. Something happened to it when I uploaded it to youtube? I don't want to do an "audioswap" otherwise you won't be able to hear the car...

Enjoy!
Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieros on a Roll. Post your pics

ok.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

ok.

smart ass
shawnk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this weekends bodega bay run

Barbies GT

Line up

PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lets see if i can get this up......my first "Produced" video

http://lnk.ms/LlDv0

heres a shot of the whole car.

i just hit play/record on both the vid and audio. some areas lined up almost spot on
shot with a GoPro SD action camera.....

i just found the video editor so i will get better the more i play with it.
Mera driving season3 only started yesterday, after all so theres plenty of time.

Daniel-
Mera X

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-11-2011).]

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
on the roll, but doubling as an amphib...

Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick drive today, just got her out of storage and needs a wash still. Snow coming this Saturday so maybe another week or two before some more driving.

Thanks,

Vince
americasfuture2k

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

is this the highest resolution pic? if not, i'd like to have this. i think it needs to be posted in wallpaper thread.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a higher rez. I'll post it in the wallpaper thread in a few minutes
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2011 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I apologize for the weird sounding audio. Something happened to it when I uploaded it to youtube? I don't want to do an "audioswap" otherwise you won't be able to hear the car...

Enjoy!

i want that mkII supra in the vid,,,

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2011 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

i want that mkII supra in the vid,,,

Thats my buddy's car. Its an 82 and in really good shape. I also know 2 other guys with MKII supras. Not common to see around here. Somehow I know three people with them lol.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2011 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chuck on a slow roll.

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2011 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Enjoy!

I like.

Do you think this thing would improve 1/4 mile performance, gas milage?

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2011 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

I like.

Do you think this thing would improve 1/4 mile performance, gas milage?

It would only improve 1/4 mile performance if you were having trouble with traction at high speeds. As for gas mileage, it would only improve it if it replaced a wing that was on the car that produced more drag than this one, OR if you were to angle this wing to produce lift (this would also result in high speed instability. Not good)

This was designed to be for more of a road racing application. Hope that helps!
PFF
System Bot
cloaked

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cloakedSend a Private Message to cloakedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

First auto-cross with my new 3.4 pushrod =)

[This message has been edited by cloaked (edited 05-06-2011).]

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cloaked:

I can't quite read it in the pic...what class were you in? Still not sure what class they will stick me in this year with the 3400...
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cloaked:

I love how the background makes it look like you're doing 100 mph! Sweet shot, wouldn't happen to have high-res image of it would you?

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 05-06-2011).]

cloaked

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cloakedSend a Private Message to cloakedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:
I can't quite read it in the pic...what class were you in? Still not sure what class they will stick me in this year with the 3400...

Street Tire Street Modified (TSM) - only I'm missing the T. I read through the scca class rules, and it looks like with an engine swap, your pretty much stuck in street modified. I got 4th in my class of 9 though, and was only half a second off from 2nd place.

Just found the high res version and updated my first post.

[This message has been edited by cloaked (edited 05-06-2011).]

dmcgreene

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dmcgreeneSend a Private Message to dmcgreeneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry for the crappy cell pics

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the Roll to the Dells & back.

Also some video....... http://youtu.be/JeTy0qzhiVE

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

On the Roll to the Dells & back.

Archie

SWEET!
GBglide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jonesy:

ok.

Oh great, now I'm hungry.
SCCA FIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This was designed to be for more of a road racing application. Hope that helps!

What road courses have you been on with the wing?
PFF
System Bot
MrBoernie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrBoernieClick Here to visit MrBoernie's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrBoernieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
biggest Fieromeeting in Germany: http://www.fiero-performanc...dfahrt/index_en.html

My wife told me to choose: her or my Fieros... I miss her sometimes!

1984 Indy #1495
1988 GT #18689

FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

What road courses have you been on with the wing?

None yet but want to at least get out for a lapping day somewhere!
ManMadeChickens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had my friend help take some rolling shots tonight. First up is my 1986 SE V6.

And from the back...

Next is the Team PontiAxed ride, showing off it's new Projector Retrofit 6060 headlights.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any more good angle pics like these two?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Posted a couple of pictures back in this thread:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/073800-3.html

Just higher rez, I think there might be a different angle in there, but its all I got!
Godzilla

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2011 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodzillaSend a Private Message to GodzillaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

my 86 on the way home from the campground
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by California Kid:

http://s225.photobucket.com...current=IMG_0460.mp4

Sweet!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock