Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Sharkmans choptop, # 1 in Europe (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Sharkmans choptop, # 1 in Europe by Sharkman
Started on: 07-15-2005 03:14 AM
Replies: 276 (14879 views)
Last post by: Sharkman on 03-02-2017 12:48 PM
Sharkman

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Please, more close-ups of the rear bumper!!!

Too sharp edges for my taste. Will change that before final paintjob

Need too come out a bit under the light in the middle.

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 07-16-2006).]

IP: Logged
cire36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cire36Send a Private Message to cire36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How can we here in the US get one of those (that is sweet).
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cire36- look here:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/030760.html
Just so I don't high jack the thread, VERY nice car, been following since you posted it. One of my fav's. Thanks for sharing.

[This message has been edited by topher_time (edited 07-16-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2006 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sharkman how is the guy doing Europe's #2 choptop coming along ? Any new progress pics of his or yours ??
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2006 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing new from Swedens choptop #2. Will try and get hold of him and see.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, chop chop in the rear bumper. Dont look that great right now but some fiberglass and more work will do the trick.

The vent will be removed.

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 09-19-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Tweeking is a good thing.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the car that made me want a choptop before I even owned a fiero, I can't wait to see the new bumpers finished.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 09-21-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just curious Sharkman, the original guy that owned and chopped your car, did he ever say what inspired him to chop it ?

Did he see another choptop that influenced him ??
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2006 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He saw a black choptop that was a photoshop pic.
He then found out about Archie and went from there.

Got the new job I was hooping for and will get more money and more time for the car from now on.

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 09-23-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2006 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Got the new job I was hooping for and will get more money and more time for the car from now on.

That sounds great. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2006 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BTW Sharkman,

That slight tweeking of the rear bumper makes all the difference in the world !

Looks 100% better without the sharp corner.

You have me thinking about that or another kind of diffuser for my car.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picket up some new parts today.

All came from a Trans Am -96 with 5500miles on the cluster.

I removed the airbag from the dash and that was about 10kg. No need for that in the fiero.
Only thing missing is the ventilation controll but thats a later problem. Jscott, will need the cable soon.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
soon time too start with the winter work. The first snow have arrived.
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a PM.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any progress?
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have have some work too do with my second house that need too be done. After that I can spend the christmas holiday with the car. After that I will post some pics.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2006 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started the Fierbird/trans am interior work today.
Ripped out the "original" interior with my 6x9" speakers and all that.
Tested the Trans Am interior but I think I will place the door skins first soo I can see where the dash should be.
And yes. It´s not mush space when your orininal window is lower than standard...

And I will post pics, soon.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pics

Next step is too cut this.

Must go more forward.

Could not place the door skins yesterday because of my small garage.
But I did get the firebird handles and drilled away the original.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2007 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PerKr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2007 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PerKrClick Here to visit PerKr's HomePageSend a Private Message to PerKrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey sharkman, you have a 3.4L camaro engine in there? Would like to know more about the engine, the installation and how you managed to get it approved.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any new pics sharkie or update ?
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PerKr
Goo too the swedish fiero forum and I will give you the info there.

Not much too report. I have the second house that need too be done before the end of februari but after that I have much more time for my car.
Sold my original dash with 6x9 speakers and also the original cluster this week. That money will be used for the double round headlight buckets from Fiero1Fan.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wooohoooo!

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Had too rechape them a bit here and there but thats OK.
Used a rubber seal too avoid damage too the headlight lid.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN

Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sharkman, the workmanship on your car is VERY impressive. The chopped top alone greatly improves the lines of the car in my opinion.

I've a question related to that chopped top. What is the material now being used for the windows in the driver's side and passenger's side doors? Is it glass? Is it Lexan? Or is it something else?
Automoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2007 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutomodaSend a Private Message to AutomodaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just doodling around. I thought today that the Fiero hood-to-bumper slope always has a bit of a harsh angle change in the 355 noses, and frankly, even the factory noses seem like they're 'trying to get away with it'. So what if, instead of fighting to make the nose all pointy, you just gave up and gave it a nose from a muscle car that never really needs an angle change?

------------------

87 Quad 4 HO convertible

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2007 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The door windows are lexan but will be replaced. The problem is the cost of making glas windows.

Have been working on the door skins In the living room. Will post pics when I got them in the car.
Planing on using the original mounting points.

There was a problem with the right hand bucket soo I am waiting on a new one from Fiero1Fan.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2007 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Automoda,

Nice photoshop, check your PM.
PFF
System Bot
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2007 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Automoda, it looks like you and I have the same taste. I am in the middle of a rendering with the same "muscle car" idea. I have a few little differences but along the same lines. Good job, I'll try to post mine soon.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2007 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After a lot of work and helping information from Jscott I finally connected the TransAm/Firebird cluster to my car and-YES, It works.

Engine on but I get some ABS INOP and LOW TRAC is on. Not connected on the wires. Just take away the bulbs?
Also, I could not find any indication for AJAR but there was a wire for that.
FUEL GUAGE - OK
SERVICE ENGINE - OK
BRAKES - OK
HIGH BEAM - OK
FASTEN SEATBELT - OK
GEN OUTPUT - ?VOLT METER?
LOW OIL - NOT CONNECTED BUT LIGHTS UP?
AJAR - ?
COOLANT TEMP - HAVENT HAD THE CAR RUNNING FOR LONG
IP ILLUMINATION - OK, + dimmer
SKIP SHIFT - MOVED BULB FROM ABS INOP BUT NOT WIRED UP
RH TURN SIGNAL - OK
VSS - NEED PARTS.
TACH - NEED MOD BUT MOVES
LH TURN SIGNAL - OK
OIL PRESSURE - OK

Still have work left but this was a big job with the wires.
Aiming too have the car on the road in about 5 weeks...
------------------
Regards SHARKMAN

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 04-22-2007).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First picture on the part cut away. But the area marked have been cut as well. Most of the cuts have been made by hand because of the lowered windshield. Hard work!

Next. Dash in place but need to move the stearing column up.

Like this.

From the side to show how far in I got the dash.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 05-01-2007).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2007 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking real good!
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2007 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picket up a set of Hella lights for my buckets but they are not mounted on the car yet. Still have some wiring in the car to do.

Here are one of the new brackets for the Trans Am dash.

A set of new rear tires

Bigger wheels will be next year.

My son Max told me that the tires were broken...

Big holes in the middle

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2007 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice job. Your Fiero does have a distinctly European flavor to it. You must really stand out when you drive your car around. Most Eurpopean customized Fieros that we've seen here are usually very tastfully done. Perhaps it is because Europe was the place where sports cars originated.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds
2006 3800SC Series III swap in progress
Engine Controls, PCM goodies,
re-programming & odd electronics stuff
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When Max is right he is right!! You need to fill the holes.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2007 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Changed the handbrake wire so the seat whent out and got some cleaning.

Civic Type-R CAI, had to do some cutting but it worked out.

Made a shield that stop water from splashing up on the filter.

And some progress from the inside

The switch in the doorpanel works.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 06-11-2007).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2007 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sharkman

804 posts
Member since May 2004
First test with the carbon fiber. But this will be cut down. More pics after that.

Fiero GT back on the front. (Was black before)

Found a perfect place for my Garmin Nuvi 350.

First test with the ventilation. Will use this type of ventilation part for everything behind the dash. That way it will be easy to just place a flex hose on there.

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 06-19-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock