Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Lambo Door Galloria (FIERO) VDC, scissor doors ect.. (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Lambo Door Galloria (FIERO) VDC, scissor doors ect.. by madcurl
Started on: 09-08-2004 03:48 PM
Replies: 458 (35325 views)
Last post by: Robb Craige on 08-19-2013 08:24 AM
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kawana:

nice! So how much are those kits going for?

Has anyone tried any hinges from Street Dreams by Ross? I'm planning on buying from him when I do my concept, but since it's a concept, I want to go straight up with the doors, instead of the out-and-up that most of the kits are. I'm just wondering if anyone has any comments on his quality, customer service, etc...
Thanks!

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com

IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Has anyone tried any hinges from Street Dreams by Ross? I'm planning on buying from him when I do my concept, but since it's a concept, I want to go straight up with the doors, instead of the out-and-up that most of the kits are. I'm just wondering if anyone has any comments on his quality, customer service, etc...
Thanks!

they still come out first but very little. they look cool. IMO I like the swing out it gives you a bit more room to get in and out of the car.
one reason I went with the ones that Archie did was because they have been proven to hold up well on the Fiero and he has made them to be a direct bolt on set no welding or mods needed.
the kit from Archie was a group but and they cost each of us $1365.00 but that was a group buy they would cost more if they were not. but I think he might try to do another group buy since he has a jig that works well for them.
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

my car got her wings this last weekend!

Whodeanie; A man on a mission. Looking good my friend.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Whodeanie; A man on a mission. Looking good my friend.

Thank you very much!

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:
they still come out first but very little. they look cool. IMO I like the swing out it gives you a bit more room to get in and out of the car.
one reason I went with the ones that Archie did was because they have been proven to hold up well on the Fiero and he has made them to be a direct bolt on set no welding or mods needed.
the kit from Archie was a group but and they cost each of us $1365.00 but that was a group buy they would cost more if they were not. but I think he might try to do another group buy since he has a jig that works well for them.

Thanks for the feedback. Here's my plan, and the reason I asked:

And I planned on using Ross's Kit Car hinges (style 3).
Closed:

And open:

That way the strut is completely hidden inside the structure. Hope I'm not hijacking the thread too badly....
Anybody have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Thanks for the feedback. Here's my plan, and the reason I asked:

And I planned on using Ross's Kit Car hinges (style 3).
Closed:

And open:

That way the strut is completely hidden inside the structure. Hope I'm not hijacking the thread too badly....
Anybody have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

I always like differant! and that would be!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2008 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Oh man #014 looks great!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

Hey Curly! Guess you have to take my pics out.... I'm back to regular hinges....

Have you removed the second set as well? Or is this an old note from the first set???

xgamefan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xgamefanSend a Private Message to xgamefanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, Does anybody know the actual poundage on the shocks. Ebay has the from 650-900 lbs
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by xgamefan:

Ok, Does anybody know the actual poundage on the shocks. Ebay has the from 650-900 lbs

I am not sure what the lbs are but they are #720's if that helps I don't know if that is the lbs or not.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Have you removed the second set as well? Or is this an old note from the first set???

What was the date on the post you're quoting?

We put the new hinges on the first week of Sept. 2008.

Archie
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

What was the date on the post you're quoting?

We put the new hinges on the first week of Sept. 2008.

Archie

That's a good question...I thought I was reading a recent post, but I can't even find it now...I must have accidently been reading a page from before September 2008.

EDIT - My bad...that post was from July...I'm relieved that I mis-read that post. Would hate to see the Doc go back to regular hinges.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 12-08-2008).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Anyone have the part nr that spec. the size and so on? I thinkt the ones we see here are a date?

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...=1342&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
http://www.fieroforum.se/fo...topic.php?f=10&t=173

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 01-10-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-09-2009).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet. I will have mine ready soon if I could get hold of new "struts". (Spelling?)
red84fieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red84fieromanSend a Private Message to red84fieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any more pics of this car?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by red84fieroman:

any more pics of this car?

The car made a few shows, but the pictures were once here (deleted now).
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little something fresh.

PFF
System Bot
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now both my fiero's have lambo doors. Just got to get this one done. Archie did a great job on the hinges. It beat buying the universal ones again.

[This message has been edited by GODFATHER (edited 01-27-2009).]

Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's my 3.4 Formula as it was Saturday at the small meet we had here in DC. I have the heavy-duty struts in the trunk waiting to go on, but I need a second set of hands to keep the doors up while the stuts go in. The hinges are welded on and solid.

$4900 O.B.R.O. gets the whole car!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Now both my fiero's have lambo doors. Just got to get this one done. Archie did a great job on the hinges. It beat buying the universal ones again.

Looking awesome Godfather !

Looking forward to seeing it at Daytona !
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice job Godfather! the car is looking better all the time.
I wish I could say the same for mine.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spring bump!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#022; Wings up.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-01-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New blood line.

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Same kit Madcurl

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by 88lambofiero (edited 06-17-2009).]

Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl stole my thunder ....lol thanx~Tom

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

greasemonke50613

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2009 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greasemonke50613Send a Private Message to greasemonke50613Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm interested in doing this swap on my car one day, and i've got a couple tricks up my sleeve. i need some questions answered about the doors though.

how heavy are the doors when on these hinges? (how much effort does it take to lift the door open)
and
how far does the door need to swing open before going up?

i just bought a car alarm that has a couple additional features. i'm thinking about doing this swap, and making the alarm capable of opening my doors for me, kinda like door poppers, but they'll open all the way up on their own...maybe close too depending on how intricate i decide to attempt.
PFF
System Bot
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At the back part of the swing arm the door is about 200 lbs yes the door opens out on its own it opens about 16 3/4 inch I think but you will need something to push the door up. To lift the door takes about 5-10 # depending on the weather to hotter the easier Thanks Jesse

[This message has been edited by 88lambofiero (edited 06-18-2009).]

greasemonke50613

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2009 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greasemonke50613Send a Private Message to greasemonke50613Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jez! i didnt realize they opened that far still...but they probably have to in order to clear the fender.
im thinkin maybe a power window motor (hybrid to make stronger) not only for their popularity and ease of finding them, as well as the arm gear assembly. i'm thinking about this without actually being able to touch and look with my own eyes how this will work out...
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad I could help good luck
greasemonke50613

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2009 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greasemonke50613Send a Private Message to greasemonke50613Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thank you. anyone have an idea of how close i can get the door to the car and still have it clear on it's way up??

lambo i just noticed you have the same shift light i do (is it a digital tach one??), i love mine but damn that sucker's bright at night...

[This message has been edited by greasemonke50613 (edited 06-19-2009).]

88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2009 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by greasemonke50613:

thank you. anyone have an idea of how close i can get the door to the car and still have it clear on it's way up??

lambo i just noticed you have the same shift light i do (is it a digital tach one??), i love mine but damn that sucker's bright at night...

Yes it is yes very bright but all my gauges light up bright so it offsets the brightness of the tack i will post a pic tonite all let up
greasemonke50613

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2009 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greasemonke50613Send a Private Message to greasemonke50613Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm thinking about cutting a few of the LEDs out of mine just to dim it out a little bit
88lambofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88lambofieroSend a Private Message to 88lambofieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's all my gauges lit up not to bright

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2009 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88lambofiero:

You have a pm.

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2009 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Good thread should never die.

"Keep your Wings Up."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-27-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave