Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Photos of Protos at the GM Tech Center (WARNING, NOT 56K FRIENDLY) (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Photos of Protos at the GM Tech Center (WARNING, NOT 56K FRIENDLY) by WingNut - MD
Started on: 09-02-2004 11:44 PM
Replies: 176 (21019 views)
Last post by: WingNut - MD on 11-19-2018 09:25 AM
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Oh I like that. I've never seen those pics before - I thought that the only convert was a notchie?
IP: Logged
Fiero 25 - Mark

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a reminder, the convertable Fiero and the 8 other GM prototypes will be at the 25th in July. The above picture was taken at the GM Heritage center, which we are also offering an opportunity to visit during the 25th.

P.S. Thanks again Curly!

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2008 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero 25 - Mark

419 posts
Member since Jan 2007
Here are a couple more of the Convert, and one of the convert with the Turbo.

edited to re-size photos

[This message has been edited by Fiero 25 - Mark (edited 03-10-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see that its time to bump one of my favorites, hehe.

borrowed pics, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-03-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good threads should never die!

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There used to be some small low res pics of the 3 89 Fiero SE and Formula prototypes that got crushed floating aroudn the web. They were shots a friend of mine took on an Aussie trip and tour of GM development (still kicking myself for bailing on that trip). A lot of the pics from that trip is partially the reason the that GM development carpark got crushed.

Well after a long time lost I have the higher res versions of them. Only take with a 1.3 megapixel camera as that is how it was back then.

But alas I am not allowed to post them as my friend has big ties with GM through his business and they know they are his shots, and they are banned from publication. But I suppose I can answer any questions about the details of them if people view the low res ones .
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You mean these Aus? I don't see any copyright on them and they are in the public domain.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 06-20-2008).]

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

You mean these Aus? I don't see any copyright on them and they are in the public domain.

Yep, them ones. There are more of them though. and much bigger than that. Unfortunately though GM has told him not for public viewing. His business means to much for him to mess with them.

The inside is the same as the 90 prototype with the firebird gauge panel.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Aus, why does GM intend or crush cars (especially fieros) for the sake of just showing them so enthusiasts can really see what GM had intentions to do??

Like I mean what's the secret...GM gives the right to have the other prototypes displayed...what gives?

Honestly, they shouldn't be embarrested or kept "top secret" for anything. The fiero was discontinued and it ends there. They should be proud to show what they had in mind. Is this because they are scare that someone might get their hands on it and possibly get autioned off?? Then someone could actually have a 89-90 prototype...is this the gamble??

I hope the other cars that GM brought to the 20th will not be crushed in the future...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, loaded, 5-speed

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2008 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt28:

Hey Aus, why does GM intend or crush cars (especially fieros) for the sake of just showing them so enthusiasts can really see what GM had intentions to do??

Like I mean what's the secret...GM gives the right to have the other prototypes displayed...what gives?

Honestly, they shouldn't be embarrested or kept "top secret" for anything. The fiero was discontinued and it ends there. They should be proud to show what they had in mind. Is this because they are scare that someone might get their hands on it and possibly get autioned off?? Then someone could actually have a 89-90 prototype...is this the gamble??

I hope the other cars that GM brought to the 20th will not be crushed in the future...

The cars in those pictures were crushed. I think it just gets to the stage that the storage areas are full and they have no further use for them.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

MAN I wish I could have made that!!!

I want to be that guy ^

Does anyone know if you can get wheels like the one on the 90
They look like the black lace wheels but wider. I want to put wheel like that on my car. Reminds me of the old Porsches.
PFF
System Bot
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2008 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The black lace wheels look like the 16 inchers that were used on the 1987 Buick GNx ....
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2008 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any idea what bolt pattern they are
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
memories...
Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure would be nice to have ALL the proto photos in one central place. I've seen so many scattered all over the forum and the net in general. ..Unless such a place already exists?
greasemonke50613

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
User Banned

Report this Post08-24-2009 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for greasemonke50613Send a Private Message to greasemonke50613Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
screw just photos, i wouldnt mind OWNING the fiero protos just to save them from being crushed. i dont care if i could title/license them or not, theyd be in an air conditioned building and put on display. i'd consider taking each one apart and putting it back together if it was a one-off just to show people how it was built. would be very detailed as far as measurements and the such. (build one out of another maybe??)
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow thats me the old guy looking at the convertible. What a great day that was. It went buy jut too fast for me. Say Aussie do you think you friend could e-mail the pics of the base prototypes? Enough time has passed and that was under the old GM. Now we have the new GM. I would love to get more pics of the base, se and formula. I find the change refreshing and makes the car contemporary and updates it to the current times.

Steve W
GR, MI
88 Coupe

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 09-24-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the newbees
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

BUMP!
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Out of all those cars, I would have to say that I love this one the most. Thanks for bumping this thread, it made for a good read today at work
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love to see more pictures of the 89's that were setting in a back lot in Sterling Heights.
PFF
System Bot
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fieros to be "Thankful" for...............

Bump for newbies
solotwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fieros to be "Thankful" for...............

Bump for newbies

Yes that is true.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I would love to see more pictures of the 89's that were setting in a back lot in Sterling Heights.

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Yep, them ones. There are more of them though. and much bigger than that. Unfortunately though GM has told him not for public viewing. His business means to much for him to mess with them.

I wonder if he's still in business with them.
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
....and it's been awhile
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2011 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like they never did improve the e-brake system!
cshults

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cshultsSend a Private Message to cshultsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The above kind of looks like a 93-97 Camaro..similar lines...but I have to say I don't really care for it, much prefer the 86-88 GT design.
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any more pics of the 2+2?
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cshults:

The above kind of looks like a 93-97 Camaro..similar lines...but I have to say I don't really care for it, much prefer the 86-88 GT design.

or maybe the '95 Pontiac TransAm??

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-13-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remember our history.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2012 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I'd like some one to convert a real Fiero into this version of the '90 prototype:

Still one of the sweetest photoshops!
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would I be shunned if I painted my car like the formula drag prototype? It's an 86 SE with a 3800sc swap, I think that would look so freaking cool!

------------------
86 Fiero GTX project soon to tear up the street, My build thread! 3800sc, interior, wheels and more! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IanT720:

Would I be shunned if I painted my car like the formula drag prototype? It's an 86 SE with a 3800sc swap, I think that would look so freaking cool!

No because you would not be the first. Just be ready to be compared to the real one and people pointing out what you missed of did wrong. LOL!

I had considered it at one time but unless I could have gotten the same wheels I would never do it. But that was just me as I wanted the whole look not just the paint.
IanT720

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

No because you would not be the first. Just be ready to be compared to the real one and people pointing out what you missed of did wrong. LOL!

I had considered it at one time but unless I could have gotten the same wheels I would never do it. But that was just me as I wanted the whole look not just the paint.

See I'm not trying to make it that car since it would be kind of a knock off, I'm not a fan of kits but that's just my opinon, but that paint is too cool and I could back up that killer paint job with what I have under the hood. That's just what I'm thinking.
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
Mark A. Klein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just because it needs a bump! Are they going to have a 35th aniverssary show?
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2016 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

Keeping this one relevant. Nice to see this is still in the General Forum and not archived.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 1990 Fiero prototype was produced before 1988....basically; Hence the 4th gen F-bodies looked like the Fiero prototype....And that was the GM styling at the time....way too much overhang....I remember thinking the new(1993) Camaro looked like a missile-on-a-roller-skate.....(I actually bought a 1999 Formula, so I have no room to talk!)(In it's defense, the 4th gen was a very good car...)

What kind of blows my mind is the 1990 prototype instrument panel....It looks almost exactly like a 4th gen F-bird.....and that car's production was at least 4-5 years in the future....That panel was either a very early pre-production prototype, or once again, a design that was Pontiac-wide, and tho wasn't used in the Fiero, it was transferred to the new Firebird design team after the Fiero's demise.

One last thing; I have always wondered why no one has produced a 1990 body kit...It seems like it would be a natural!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2016 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:

I have always wondered why no one has produced a 1990 body kit.

I think the following (which was posted further up on this page) adequately answers your question.

Originally posted by cshults:

I have to say I don't really care for it, much prefer the 86-88 GT design.

I agree (although I like the notchie/Formula as well). If the Fiero survived, it might've grown into just another bloated GM offering.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-26-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock