Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Photos of Protos at the GM Tech Center (WARNING, NOT 56K FRIENDLY) (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Photos of Protos at the GM Tech Center (WARNING, NOT 56K FRIENDLY) by WingNut - MD
Started on: 09-02-2004 11:44 PM
Replies: 176 (21018 views)
Last post by: WingNut - MD on 11-19-2018 09:25 AM
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2006 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

bump, cause GM Fiero prototypes never die.
so true!

2 months from today 7/22/06, 4 of the Fiero protos and a Solstice Proto will be at the MFC show!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/057065.html

edit: I OWN PAGE 3!

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 05-22-2006).]

IP: Logged
Carswell...Wellscar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2006 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carswell...WellscarSend a Private Message to Carswell...WellscarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just looking through the pics and noticed that it looks like that the front emblem on the 90's prototype looks different, did anyone happen to get a close up of it ..curious what changes were made ..thanks

matt
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2006 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here ya go. From the 2005 Fierorama show.

Close up of the 90 Prototype badge. (Yes it says GTA, Trans AM and has a Firebird on it, your eyes are OK)
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2006 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump for Troyboy
Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post06-28-2006 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to save this as a favorite . Sweet photos!

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/tinton

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinton:

I need to save this as a favorite . Sweet photos!

If you'd like to see the cars in person they will be at the Michigan Club show "Fieros at the Hall" on 7/22/06.
Details here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/057065.html
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2006 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jeezs, we can't let our flag-ships and a Good thread die. Never!!!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-23-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jeezs, we can't let our flag-ships and a Good thread die. Never!!!

For the "newbees." They need to know our history, hehe.
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remember all nine of GM's Fieros will be at the 25th. "2008"
Ron
1984 Indy fiero
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not at the Tech Center, but why not have a few new pics to look at.

These are shots I took at the MFC show "Fieros at the Hall" 7/21/06.

Originally posted by paced84:
Remember all nine of GM's Fieros will be at the 25th. "2008"
Ron
1984 Indy fiero

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

Not at the Tech Center, but why not have a few new pics to look at.

These are shots I took at the MFC show "Fieros at the Hall" 7/21/06.

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

Well now we know which truck to hijack on the highway

PFF
System Bot
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't the black and yellow one the "Bumblebee"? It had a dual-cam motor didn't it?

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Isn't the black and yellow one the "Bumblebee"? It had a dual-cam motor didn't it?

It originally had an SD4 in it. It currently has a 2.8 V6.
whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wasn't there a test car that had a dual-cam four cylinder in it? At least an improved cylinder head for the four cylinder?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

It originally had an SD4 in it. It currently has a 2.8 V6.

Why did Pont remove the SD4???

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-22-2006).]

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2006 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why did Pont remove the SD4???

Fred talks about it here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/061841.html#lastpost

About the 12th post down.

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2006 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes that's it. It was an SD4 with a 16 valve head on it. Any idea if any of those exist anymore?

------------------
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the holidays.
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Yes that's it. It was an SD4 with a 16 valve head on it. Any idea if any of those exist anymore?

Someone on the forum has a DOHC SD4 head I think. There was one on ebay last year.

[This message has been edited by Steven Snyder (edited 12-04-2006).]

Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2006 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anybody taken on the effort to convert a real Fiero into a replica of the '90 Fiero prototype?? I think if not, I'm going to have something to aim for! That thing is RED HOT!!!!

AWESOME pictures!! Great stuff!

(edit: goes without saying that doesn't include the engine... but I'm talking body and interior here! )

------------------

'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153k miles, stock everything, just trying to make it all work again.
Shameless self promotion: tired of Problematic Image Poster? Check out
http://hostfile.org!

[This message has been edited by Falcon4 (edited 12-04-2006).]

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon4:

Has anybody taken on the effort to convert a real Fiero into a replica of the '90 Fiero prototype?? I think if not, I'm going to have something to aim for! That thing is RED HOT!!!!

AWESOME pictures!! Great stuff!

(edit: goes without saying that doesn't include the engine... but I'm talking body and interior here! )

MsLori talked about it here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20060206-1-051220.html
not sure where they are on this.

You are welcome for the pics! Glad you enjoyed them.

PFF
System Bot
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for 2007!

18 months and they will make an appearance at the 25th.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This bump is for the newbees...respect our heritage, hehe.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon4:

Has anybody taken on the effort to convert a real Fiero into a replica of the '90 Fiero prototype??

I'd like some one to convert a real Fiero into this version of the '90 prototype:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forgive me. I'm thinking of the 25th, hehe.
ACSCAR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCAREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going even if I have to quit my job I missed the first one or the 20th ggggrrrrr.
ACD
86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, you'll be visiting me then next year. Cool! I live about 15 miles from the show.
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone besides me think that the 90 proto type would have looked to much like the trans ams and the camaros in the 90's. Also the picture from above with the GTA emblem kind of proves my point.
86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh for sure! It's just a Jr Firebird! It would have been just plain silly.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mtownfiero:

Does anyone besides me think that the 90 proto type would have looked to much like the trans ams and the camaros in the 90's. Also the picture from above with the GTA emblem kind of proves my point.

Other way around. The Fiero came first.

badge

more info

Originally posted by hyperv6:

The car says Trans Am GTA on the nose because there are two holes under it that needed covered. Someone took the Fiero emblem and Pontiac needed to cover the holes to display the car.

If you also note the sail windows are painted black too and not clear. This is because they were broken and repaired and it was cheaper and easier to just paint them black since the car is just going to be displayed.

This is what was on the nose originally. I have heard someone in the tech center has one but it has not found its way to the historic collection.

This car was called a GT but at one point they were going to call it a GTP also.

To be correct GT or GTP is ok but there never was a GTA Fiero planned that we know of.

Sorry, it is as simple as covering holes and nothing more. The TA emblem just happpened to have the same bolt pattern and fit the bumper.

This car has had a hard life but not as hard as some of the other Fiero pototypes.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2007 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2007 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where in the world did you dig that up from?!?!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2007 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Good threads should never die."
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump for the holidays.

You youngin's, respect your heritage
JesseM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JesseMSend a Private Message to JesseMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You youngin's, respect your heritage

I respect it and i really respect those 90 tail lights, thats all that matters because thats all anyone would see because you would be zooming by so fast. being a noob, what is the actual date for fiero-rama and the exact place sorry guys im just a noob

------------------
cars, i build em, drive em, and brake em
www.suburbangorilla.com
thats the car my father, brother and i built
My Myspace

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent thread and great pics. Re-invigorates my motivation to attend the 25th. Thanks for posting.

------------------
Ron

It's the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us the freedom of the press.
It's the Soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us the freedom of speech.
It's the Soldier, not the politicians
That ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
It's the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
History bump.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-09-2008).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember the drag fiero. when I was a teen I worked at Ellis Fabrications in Ca.
Pontiac motorsports brought the car to us for the custom exhaust it had a 4cyl. with 16valve head.
we built the header with 4 suppertraps out the back.
At the time no one had seen the car and the shop was closed untill the car was done and loaded back on the truck.
fun times back then.
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2008 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly,

Thanks for keeping this one alive!

This has to be one of my all tume favorite threads. Curly bumps it and it always seems to get people going.

Originally posted by blackrams:

Excellent thread and great pics. Re-invigorates my motivation to attend the 25th. Thanks for posting.

Thank you. I'm happy to share!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2008 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You youngin's, respect your Concept heritage

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay