Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Choptop Galloria.....post it here. (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Choptop Galloria.....post it here. by madcurl
Started on: 08-09-2004 03:26 PM
Replies: 835 (55489 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 11-27-2015 01:42 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:
I took the car to the local cruise nite last night. It was very well accepted by the classic car guys, but a few of the Corvette guys got their panties all waded up. I love to park the GBCT next to a few vettes and have all the people just walk right by them only to stop and talk to me about a Fiero

The same thing happened to Troy's #022 at a local show. The Corvette guys didn't want to park next to the chopper, due inpart of the attention it would cause. During the show, people flocked to view the Fiero with a LS7 in the back. The flip side of this story is; another guy in a different type of car didn't mind-- he thought it was a plus-plus.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-09-2010).]

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You need to do that before you paint it..........

I took the car to the local cruise nite last night. It was very well accepted by the classic car guys, but a few of the Corvette guys got their panties all waded up. I love to park the GBCT next to a few vettes and have all the people just walk right by them only to stop and talk to me about a Fiero

Love it !

I can only imagine how pissed they were that their expensive vette got shown up by a fiero. Tends to make one want to talk Sh*t about that piece of crap fiero that everybody is drooling over.

Totally priceless !!!!

DL you got any pics to share ?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by whodeanie:

LMAO!!! I love to do the same thing at the local cruise myself. what is it about a Corvette that gives the owner a board up their buts
D.

Think about the price difference between a fiero and a Vette,..when a nice looking fiero shows up and steals the limelight from it's more expensive step brother, it makes the Vette owner feel stupid and cheated.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm not on Spider Chat but the previous owner Joel is the one on Spider Chat.

What he said....

Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is coming along. I need a few days without work getting in the way to get it finished up.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Think about the price difference between a fiero and a Vette,..when a nice looking fiero shows up and steals the limelight from it's more expensive step brother, it makes the Vette owner feel stupid and cheated.

But unless it's a Corvette ZR-1 Troy's Fiero is probably the more expensive vehicle.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Do you have a high res i can use as a background?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Do you have a high res i can use as a background?

I copied/paste the pic from another thread, so you'll have to ask Jscott1. He might have a high resolution for you.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will do so. Thanks .
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM me your email address and I'll send you the uncompressed file.

PFF
System Bot
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I attended a Corvette sponsored show last weekend and there were almost 100 vettes in the show and many other makes/models, but only 1 Fiero!! I got nothing but positive responses from the Vette owners, and some really priceless expressions of shock when they came to the rear of the car and caught sight of the LS3 with Corvette covers nestled in the engine bay. Then they would return with their friends to show em that you really can fit that big motor in that little car!! With the chop, most folks don't even recognize it as a Fiero - it just triggers vague memories of seeing something similar way back when....

Jim
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

I attended a Corvette sponsored show last weekend and there were almost 100 vettes in the show and many other makes/models, but only 1 Fiero!! I got nothing but positive responses from the Vette owners, and some really priceless expressions of shock when they came to the rear of the car and caught sight of the LS3 with Corvette covers nestled in the engine bay. Then they would return with their friends to show em that you really can fit that big motor in that little car!! With the chop, most folks don't even recognize it as a Fiero - it just triggers vague memories of seeing something similar way back when....

Jim

Whaaaa.... no pics? I just looked at my email thinking you sent me some pics.......and found nothing.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got an EMail from Chop #9 yesterday & he sent one picture.

This is what he had to say....

I bought my '87 GT new and drove it until the V-6 just quit running at about 235K miles. You customized it about 7 years ago in your Chicago shop, and it's a great looking car. People still stop and take pictures of it. In Ford Mustang metallic charcoal it's not flashy, but understated, and still turns heads. The small-block "crate" engine has been built up a bit since you installed it, with a street cam, aluminum heads with big valves, etc, and painted to match the body. The suspension is just as high performance. Big torsion bars, gas shocks, 18" rear and 16" front wheels, etc. Looks great with the 3" chopped top, slotted hood and IMSA scoops.

Here is the pic he sent....

I emailed him back asking him to review this thread & to send us some more pics.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I got an EMail from Chop #9 yesterday & he sent one picture. I emailed him back asking him to review this thread & to send us some more pics.

Archie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Allllllright !!
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Ask and you shall recieve

Post chop

The finished product

Just a reminder of that Gun Metal chop... That thing looks NICE.

faaaaq

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for faaaaqSend a Private Message to faaaaqEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by flyingbob:

I guess I'm one of them now

oh my god....make it a notchie and lose the wing and its PERFECT....that color is amazing...i want to lick your car lol... blue is my fave color, and i was hoping to make my fiero THAT kinda blue. any chance you can tip me off to the color?
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got an EMail from Chop #9 yesterday & he sent one picture.

I emailed him back asking him to review this thread & to send us some more pics.

Archie

Good news!!!

The owner of #9 Emailed me back today. He had reviewed the links to PFF threads & some U-Tube links I had sent him & He says.....

FANTASTIC! I had no idea this even existed. Thanks. I'll take some more pictures, and I'll try to figure out how to join in with these other owners!

So hopefully, He'll be along soon.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great! Please, don't forget the Choptop Chronicles thread. Please, list your recent experiences while driving #009 choptop.

Here's the link: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000097-25.html

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So hopefully, He'll be along soon.

Archie

Nice !

For the choptop brotherhood it's like finding a long lost relative !

Welcome owner #9 !!
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pic and up coming video from Jim88GT (#010 choptop)

Corvette car show.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I little birdie informed that new pics of #022 are in the works!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

That looks bad@ss !!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

For a three day weekend--this would be the icing on the cake if he post pics of #009.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i hope some moving pictures are Ok for the Galloria ?!

[]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cpUKbD-D6g&NR=1[/]

[]http://www.youtube.com/watc...ture=player_embedded[/]

[]http://www.youtube.com/watc...lkeM&feature=related[/]

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-01-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Done!

------------------
86 SE ChopTop 4 Speed 3.4 "The Short Bus"

"For Sale"

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

Done!

Looks Amazing... Hopefully someone from Texas will snatch it up...

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E
(Un.Su.)

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PPE

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#022 at a NY car show.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New lip spoiler for Car-2-lo !

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really can't wait to see what Car-Lo does with that front bumper!
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

more please. Who's car is this?

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com 87 Gt-5spd-62k miles.

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it's mine. i need to download pip again so no new pics.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock