Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Fiero Redux (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Fiero Redux by chester
Started on: 01-10-2004 10:51 PM
Replies: 525 (39612 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 08-05-2015 01:29 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Moving Day: Continued.

I call Joe at Trends last Friday for the long haul. The Redux wasn't moved to the front of the business but was in the back. I can't use George Ryan so I'll need another company to haul the Redux to Archie's. I need to install the 17" shop rollers before it's shipped out. Oh yeah, the Redux sports the lame 2.8 and cannot be trusted for the 2,800 mile trip.

Edit: I guess I own pg 10, hehe

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-08-2006).]

IP: Logged
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First time reading this thread
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

First time reading this thread

Wow that is amazing, but something tells me you are not alone. A lot of people have been sleeping on this thread.

Madcurl has a lot of plans for this car, a chop of course is among them.

Problem is it is at the back of the line. He has 3 other projects in front of it.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly did the Redux make it home ??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2006 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Curly did the Redux make it home ??

Well, last Friday I stopped by Trends to see if the Redux is "ready to roll"....it wasn't. However, it's now located in the front and not in the back (bone yard). Joe said he'll get one of the guys to "get right on it."

Items to be performed:

1. Align the vents. They're a little crooked.
2. Smooth out some of the ruff areas.
3. Lay coat of black paint over the cut metal parts (headlamp bed and partially cut bumper).

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2006 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Last Thursday I called Trends. The "Redux" isn't ready.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2006 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A bump to continue the madness !
sorefeet

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sorefeetSend a Private Message to sorefeetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
really nice car, especially like the vents on the deck lid, so how does it look now?
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2007 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when will it be the day of the redux?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2007 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

when will it be the day of the redux?

Hold on a hairpin turn is approaching.

Curly likes twists,...er make that tweeks, and turns.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-05-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hold on Elizabeth.....I'm comming!!!

I'll be checking in on the Redux this week. Hmm, Trends and the Crew should be finished with the car by now. I need to headou to Orvilles monster garage for pipe dream ideas. Yeah that's right, respect your elders, hehe.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I need to headou to Orvilles monster garage for pipe dream ideas. Yeah that's right, respect your elders, hehe.

Make sure you have a camera and blank memory card...get lots of pictures of his #3 Chop top.

You and Orville must be related...who else feels the need to have 3 or more chop tops?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hold on Elizabeth.....I'm comming!!!

I'll be checking in on the Redux this week. Hmm, Trends and the Crew should be finished with the car by now.

Fresh pics from the madman himself.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Redux is 99% "Ready to Roll" out to Archie's later this year. Trends finally finished up some minor issues involving the shape of the front vents and the rocker panels. I'll try to send the latest pics to Exoticse today.....if not on Monday.

My Experience? I nearly wet my pants upon seeing the beast! It's some what scary looking when viewing it from the front. It's wicked, stealthy, and fast looking even parked. The tow truck driver told me that, "People slowed down and rode along side the truck." The truck was going up the hwy on a very, very steep hill at 45mph (it was at night time). Currrently, it's parked with the car cover over it. I don't want to alarm the neighbors, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-20-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Curly take a look at these !

http://www.x3racing.com/pro...did=PRO-KS-TCEL00-BK
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Curly take a look at these !

http://www.x3racing.com/pro...did=PRO-KS-TCEL00-BK

Geezs, $225 bucks!!! I like the ones I got for $40 bucks.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Geezs, $225 bucks!!! I like the ones I got for $40 bucks.

Your celica lamps only cost $40 bucks !!!???
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your celica lamps only cost $40 bucks !!!???

Oh, oh....my mistake. I thought the link was selling the lense cover, hehe.

Oh yeah, Tony...you got mail.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More new pics of Curly dusting off the Redux ! He has some renewed ideas for this one !!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
More

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still amazing...

Are there any shots of either Redux or Arch Rival showing any mods to the radiator bulkhead to clear the lights? It's a mod I'm looking at for the future and I was curious how Curly cleared the bulkhead and frame horns.

Bob
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Still amazing...

Are there any shots of either Redux or Arch Rival showing any mods to the radiator bulkhead to clear the lights? It's a mod I'm looking at for the future and I was curious how Curly cleared the bulkhead and frame horns.

Bob

Norm performed the "cuts" at Archie's and they're nice/clean/painted on #020

ARCH RIVEL CUTS:

On the Redux, the cuts aren't as clean=cuts due to Trends torching out the needed clearances, hehe. I can address thes issues later by grinding off the ruff edges.
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the front end but what are the plans for the rest of the body? Is this one getting chopped aswell? And what motor are you going to be running in it?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Still amazing...

Are there any shots of either Redux or Arch Rival showing any mods to the radiator bulkhead to clear the lights?
Bob

On the Redux, the Celica headlamp didn't require major surgical extractions of the front bumper brace. However, the upper headlamp area (close to the rubber trunk seal) needed cutting so that the upper end of the lamps could be placed inside. I'll try and take some close-up pics in a couple of weeks.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by tuner2m6t:

I like the front end but what are the plans for the rest of the body? Is this one getting chopped aswell? And what motor are you going to be running in it?

Plans? Choptop with a twist. Body? Please browse through the previous pages. The rocker panels were removed prior to the tow to prevent possible damages? I'll send additional pics to Tony later on today. The body panels were originally one-piece but, I wanted them separated for molds. Motor>N* Right now it has the stupidly 2.8 crap!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-22-2007).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanx Curly...

Bob
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just went back and looked throught the thread. And WOW looks great can't wait to see it finished.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What are the plans for the rest of the body?

If you've notice, the Redux has a [baby]-1.5" rear fender flare. The deck lid is/was being borrowed by #015 choptop. Like wise the rear bumper too. Oh yeah, it sports additional b-piller part (thanks to MinntgreenGT)

Additional pics have been sent to Tony for viewing. Enjoy

Edit: I can't spell, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-23-2007).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More new pics of Curly dusting off the Redux ! He has some renewed ideas for this one !!

Nice to see the Redux get some love. These may be the first clear pics of this car. I have seen clearer pictures or bigfoot, or nessie than of this car before now.

I bet it won't be a bubble top V6 much longer??
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like the front end but what are the plans for the rest of the body? /QUOTE]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony for posting pics.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New pics w/rims, headlamps, & covers on Tuesday.
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey curly any thoughts on maybe popping a few of them side skirts out for others? I don't know how they fit but would they work with stock fenders? I ask this because I am doing your wide body with the fender attached to the rear and those skirts would be just what I need. Let me know if your interested. Send me a PM or something.
tuner2m6t

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2007 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tuner2m6tSend a Private Message to tuner2m6tEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

tuner2m6t

406 posts
Member since Nov 2005
double post

[This message has been edited by tuner2m6t (edited 01-28-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tuner2m6t:

Hey curly any thoughts on maybe popping a few of them side skirts out for others? I don't know how they fit but would they work with stock fenders? I ask this because I am doing your wide body with the fender attached to the rear and those skirts would be just what I need. Let me know if your interested. Send me a PM or something.

Hmm. Too many variables. Mine where made to fit the 11" wide rims and to match the fender flares. I would be easier to use a Archie modified IRM rocker and rear fender flare-----to match or wrap the wide rear rims.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly when does operation "give me my stuff back" in regards to #15 begin hehehehe ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly when does operation "give me my stuff back" in regards to #15 begin hehehehe ?

#015 will sport the Redux's parts for now. I need to tidy-up things first on the Redux prior to shipment. Brakes, headlamps, smog inspection, fees and interior. I'm going to slap on the 19's this week.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lamps in place.

Eye lid covers on.

More,....

------------------

1985SE chopped and dropped/ V-8 Archie Choptop #4
1986GT
1986 coupe 2M4

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

An insight to how they were made to fit.

The Hood.

The mounting

The modified roofline, that involved using a busted fastback clip and adding it to the existing fastback clip.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2007 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The modified roofline, that involved using a busted fastback clip and adding it to the existing fastback clip.

Hehe. Who says that broken Fiero parts are no good? I have some nice plans for this roof.

Thanks Tony for posting pics.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock