Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Calif Kid............................ (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Calif Kid............................ by rogergarrison
Started on: 01-25-2003 11:04 PM
Replies: 542 (47696 views)
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 04-27-2017 08:58 AM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2003 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have any good pics of your car and the engine. Im putting together some stuff on SBC Fieros to show some guys I know. You can post em here or my email is ferrari_guy77@hotmail.com

thanks

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2003 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honored by that request!!!

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 01-26-2003).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2003 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

California Kid

9541 posts
Member since Jul 2001

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 01-25-2003).]

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 12-13-2005).]

HummelHund

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HummelHundSend a Private Message to HummelHundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
! Right click...save picture as....

------------------
86' Fiero GT 3.4 5-speed
UNDER CONSTRUCTION....It's ALIIIIVE!!!! And now it moves! Brake work continues...

Do you have a white, manual transmissioned 85' SE 2M6? Drop me an email...

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

edit; dead link removed.
------------------

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 08-26-2005).]

arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you do for a living? I'm interested =)

------------------
-Kyle
Aim: Littlechugger
1984 Notchback(PARTS)
1987 Notchback 4cyl.
1990 Cavalier 2.2L(For Sale)
1992 Corsica 3.1L

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by arte444:

What do you do for a living? I'm interested =)

Senior Automotive Engineer, have been working new vehicle programs for GM or Chrysler for the last 30 years.

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's funny how I want a Northstar so badly, but seeing your specs can make it very easy to decide a 350 may be the better way to go...decisions decisions.

When I grow up, I want to be just like the kid...sr. engineer and still playing like a kid with my car. Seriously though, thanks for the mini-inspiration (Soon to graduate Kettering/GMI automotive powertrain engineer).

Bryce
88 GT

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks "Nashco"! Good luck on your career, try to get into Power Train Research & Development, being a Design Release Engineer is no fun (way too much paper work, as there are no more support groups in engineering anymore, they've dumped too much non-engineering work on the engineers in the last 5 years).
vse1fiero@cox.net

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vse1fiero@cox.netSend a Private Message to vse1fiero@cox.netEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C Kid, Tremendous job. How long have you taken to get your fiero to this point. And PLEASE tell me what wheels those are. A perfect look. Two thumbs way up! JD
vse1fiero@cox.net

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vse1fiero@cox.netSend a Private Message to vse1fiero@cox.netEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

vse1fiero@cox.net

278 posts
Member since Sep 2002
oops

[This message has been edited by vse1fiero@cox.net (edited 01-26-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vse1fiero@cox.net:
C Kid, Tremendous job. How long have you taken to get your fiero to this point. And PLEASE tell me what wheels those are. A perfect look. Two thumbs way up! JD

I can't take 100% credit for this car, it's transformation started in California (1993)by a former Driver for the Porsche Factory Racing Team. Charlie along with Keith Huff of FieroMotorSports did all the research on V8 conversion, and highly modified an early Zumalt Kit, plus suspension parts used on this car. I just took what they had started, which was very competitive on road race tracks in CA, and refined it even further.

Just before I bought it, about 5 years ago, I was ready to start doing the same exact modifications to one of the two Fiero's I owned. I just happen to find out that Charlie would sell his car to a good home, as he had too many toys. So the last 5 years I've put in a new interior, modified the engine further, and the list goes on and on, to bring the car to show standards, as well as outstanding performance. This car is not the work of one man, but many highly skilled professionals in many areas. Much can be learned from other people, which is why this Forum is great, you just have to know how to apply your knowledge into your car.

The Wheels were produced by O-Z Racing and were discontinued about 2 years back.

Thanks for the compliment!

Photos of car as purchased:

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 01-26-2003).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

California Kid

9541 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Interior used to be worn/stock, the whole interior was replaced thanks to parts from Mr. Mikes, light tan parts from my '86 GT (RIP), or painted:

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awsome job. Ill see ya in person at Pontiac this summer. Tks.
2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/uploads/imgs2003/Instruments_005.jpg
No shoes
Afraid to get the carpet dirty? LOL Can't say I'd blame you if you said yes though. Nice!!

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Roger, looking forward to seeing you at 'The Event'.

Thanks '2Xsess', attached garage, just snuck in there for a photo.

Thanks 'HummelHund'!

When you bring a car along to this level, you become a slave to it, spit/polish all the time, and still looking for that extra edge with a part or modification. You become addicted and you always have a long list of to do items (it's never finished).

ED's85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ED's85GTSend a Private Message to ED's85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1.17 lateral G's, Caramba.
C-Kid what kind of glue are you using on your tires to get that?
LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking car.... Definitely one of my favorites . I am going to have to go to the 20th just to see it.

------------------
LS1 in and running :)

http://ls1swap.tripod.com/

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ED's85GT:

1.17 lateral G's, Caramba.
C-Kid what kind of glue are you using on your tires to get that?

While excellent grip tires are a priority, most top line brands will get you over 1G if the car is setup/modified properly. It takes quite a few changes to get to this level, as well as a lot of dial in time, each car has to be tuned. My settings would not work with the same results on another Fiero (unless "everything" was duplicated).
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2003 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

California Kid

9541 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Originally posted by LS1swap:
Great looking car.... Definitely one of my favorites . I am going to have to go to the 20th just to see it.

Thanks!

Hope to see you and your car up in Pontiac this summer.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2003 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumped by request.
PFF
System Bot
IronDuke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2003 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IronDukeSend a Private Message to IronDukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
1986 Fiero 2M4
1994 Probe GT (winter beater)
2002 Trans Am WS6

wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2003 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leafy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good, whats the weight of your car? Is it lighter than an F355?

------------------
86' Fiero 2M4, A work in progress, but the potential is there!

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2003 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car weighs 2817.

Distribution is:
Front..648..........624
Rear...762..........783

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 01-28-2003).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2003 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This string sure got quite a few views in a short time. Bringing it back from the deep one last time. Hey, what else can I do? It's winter here!!!

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 02-01-2003).]

FieroGTSR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2003 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTSRSend a Private Message to FieroGTSREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Calikid,
Has there been anything to decrease the weight of your car?? About a 46/54 F/R weight ratio is not bad with a V8 in it.

------------------
1987 GT
Many Mods Comming Soon
(need more money)

FieroGTR@Excite.com

SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2003 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cal Kid- Fabulous job on the detail of your car. One thing I REALLY like is a clean car. (I wouldn't dare think what my Gt would look like in this weather here! I'll keep it in the garage.)

Nice job, maybe you could go to the Dell's Run.

------------------
'87GT 6" Drop on 17's, Can you say "Bagged"? Bags are on the way!

'93 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
'91 Eclipse- Lowered 2.5" on 17's
'87 blue cp- $800 b/o

fieros only

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2003 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, regarding the weight, I'm not aware of any extra measure to remove/replace standard parts to reduce weight, but keep in mind I didn't do the conversion or the race prep to this car (that was all done by FieroMotorSports in CA., before I owned the car). I can tell you that that all conversion pieces were selected for durability as well as light weight in order to keep it balanced (battery was even moved to the extreme left side of engine compartment).
IROC

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2003 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCSend a Private Message to IROCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cali Kid! Ive always drooled over your Fiero. Sweet car man.

as for the extra weight thing. I read online, I believe at Archie's web site, that when upgrading to a 350 with cast iron heads it only added I believe like 160lbs.

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero 2.8
pocket ported, gasket matched complete intake. Still has no nut.
3.4l turbocharged project in process!

http://hometown.aol.com/zigdog16/

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2003 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IROC:

Hey Cali Kid! Ive always drooled over your Fiero. Sweet car man.

as for the extra weight thing. I read online, I believe at Archie's web site, that when upgrading to a 350 with cast iron heads it only added I believe like 160lbs.

Thanks! Appreciate the compliment. Nothing against Archie's Kit, but it wasn't used for the conversion in my car. I am considerably below the weight gain you quoted above due the parts used my engine, such as flywheel that is about half the weight, and QuarterMaster twin disk clutch setup that weighs next to nothing, just as a couple examples.

PFF
System Bot
Freshj

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2003 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FreshjSend a Private Message to FreshjEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, are you storing your car for the winter? I haven't seen it around town as of late.

------------------
My karma ran over your dogma!

Visit my L67 swap page

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2003 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Freshj:

Hey, are you storing your car for the winter? I haven't seen it around town as of late.

It has only seen snow one day in it's life, when I had to drive through a blizzard around Flagstaff AZ, when I brought the car back to Michigan. This car only sees dry pavement!

perkidelic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2003 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for perkidelicClick Here to visit perkidelic's HomePageSend a Private Message to perkidelicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nashco:

It's funny how I want a Northstar so badly, but seeing your specs can make it very easy to decide a 350 may be the better way to go...decisions decisions.

Ditto - I started out planning to use an SBC, then started leaning towards the N*, now I am back to the SBC!

You don't gain much weight if you set it up right, it can look really nice, and you can make tons of power for a reasonable cost.

I agree with the general consensus Cali Kid - you're car is very impressive. It is definitely one of the best representives available of what a Fiero is all about IMO.

I am a stickler for details and on you seem to be too

perk

edited for typo

------------------

phitown.com

[This message has been edited by perkidelic (edited 02-02-2003).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2003 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by perkidelic:
I agree with the general consensus Cali Kid - you're car is very impressive. It is definitely one of the best representives available of what a Fiero is all about IMO.
perk

Thanks! This car is a very close representation of what Pontiac would have developed the Fiero into, if it hadn't been for the Corvette Executives winning out against the early Fiero GT Prototypes.

perkidelic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2003 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for perkidelicClick Here to visit perkidelic's HomePageSend a Private Message to perkidelicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops

[This message has been edited by perkidelic (edited 02-02-2003).]

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2003 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[drool] I love that car...
-Ryan
California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2003 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

California Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2003 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
70 Views of this string in less that 24 hrs and no comments or questions????
formula2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2003 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formula2Send a Private Message to formula2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This car only sees dry pavement!

Will you go to the Event,even on a rainy day????
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock