Rear speakers by 85fieroguy
Started on: 09-08-2016 07:48 PM
Replies: 6 (308 views)
Last post by: jaskispyder on 09-09-2016 07:38 AM
85fieroguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2016 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have a 85 GT without rear speakers. What would be a good set to have 4 way decent sound from the cd,am/fm radio that can handle a 4 way system.. Will appreciate your input and advice.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2016 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure about your question. You should have headrest speakers. Can you explain a little more?
85fieroguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2016 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fieroguySend a Private Message to 85fieroguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 84 SE had seat speakers, this 85GT does not, but are original seats. Hummm. when did they go to sail panels.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the 85 GT should have seat speakers...they have been swapped if you don't have them. The speakers went into the B pillars for the 86 models.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pictures of your seats would answer a lot of questions.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I second the seat swap probability. Best option, in my opinion, is the fiero store's ABS door panels with speaker holes, and/or their ABS "waterfall" speaker panel that is located directly behind the seats. I run both with pioneer speakers and a Pontiac 7 band equalizer cd player and LOVE it. No amp needed. The panels are on the pricey side, but I feel they are very well worth it.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would just add seat speakers... I added them to my seats and there is my writeup at http://www.mrmikes.com/fierospeakers.htm

You shouldn't need to put holes in the headrest material as the sound will go through, but you can punch out holes if you want (just make a pattern).

personally, I prefer headrest speakers, especially in my convertible fiero.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock