Looking for a mechanic with skills..... by wizzard
Started on: 09-06-2016 01:14 AM
Replies: 7 (356 views)
Last post by: jaredmurray88 on 09-07-2016 07:33 AM
wizzard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wizzardSend a Private Message to wizzardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any western PA Fiero builders in the house?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you need done. specifics would help

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car\1988 Formula Custom\1986 turbo GT
Founder of Mason Dixon Fiero Owners Group
NYFOC Member

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ditto. I'm on the other side of the mtn from ya.
wizzard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wizzardSend a Private Message to wizzardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a 87 with a 87 Buick Grand National turbo motor. The electrical is screwed and I need the tranny shifter redone. The previous owner used rocker switches to shift it. I'm thinking that might be the electrical problem. As you can see in my profile, I'm disabled. Nobody in my area has a clue where to start.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gonna be an expensive project if any shop is to untangle a can of worms like that. I used to live in Bedford for about 4 years. Not much in the way of speed shops out there, last i saw.
What symptoms are you experiencing with the car, and how much information has been passed on to you regarding the swap and custom touches?
I have a mechanic here in Pittsburgh that has the ability to sort gremlins like this out, but I seriously doubt he would be willing to take this project on anytime soon.
wizzard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wizzardSend a Private Message to wizzardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure what you call expensive...... The car has a short that resets the computer. Previous owner never gave any info. All I ever got was a drag slip reading a low 10.2 and him whining about not being able to keep it straight coming off the line.

On second thought, he had a tranny shop and did a lot of work setting the trans up for street and strip including a lock out for the torque converter.

[This message has been edited by wizzard (edited 09-07-2016).]

Fiero Vice

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-07-2016 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ViceSend a Private Message to Fiero ViceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by viperine:
I have a mechanic here in Pittsburgh that has the ability to sort gremlins like this out.

Is your mechanic any good with Fieros? Mind sharing his contact info? Always good to have few contacts just in case. Thanks.
jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2016 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Call these guys, gene is good with transmissions and some mods.
Gene's transmissions, meyersdale pa
(814) 634-0593
Pennington has a couple of fiero parts cars and experience with them
Pennington transmissions, Cumberland md
(301) 707-1741
Need anything let me know I'll see what I can do for ya.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock