Floor Mats with Rubber Heel Protector on Driver's side by darbysan
Started on: 09-01-2016 11:22 AM
Replies: 18 (699 views)
Last post by: Australian on 12-23-2020 07:14 AM
darbysan

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for floor mats that might have the rubber insert where the driver's right heel rests when driving. I tend to wear out the floor mats in this area.

Anyone know of a company that makes such an animal, or have a recommendation for floor mats. I suppose if I don't pay a lot, I can afford to replace them every few years if they do wear out.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or have a upholstery shop sew/glue in a pad.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most retail store generic replacements I have seen have that pad.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Call the Fiero Store and see if they can get that done on their mats.
They sell Lloyds, which are really good mats.
I have bought two sets from them and they are very thick and durable.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Better yet drive shoeless, its more comfortable anyway
darbysan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Better yet drive shoeless, its more comfortable anyway

Cool, but illegal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darbysan:
Cool, but illegal

Not in MN or WI. Not sure about others.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 09-01-2016).]

darbysan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2016 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Not in MN or WI. Not sure about others.

Learned something new today! Googled it, and find it is legal in all 50 states. So much for old myths!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2016 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Learned something new today! Googled it, and find it is legal in all 50 states. So much for old myths!

Another interesting one, apparenty riding in the back of a pick up is legal by some states, though not necessarily wise.
http://www.iihs.org/iihs/topics/laws/cargoareas

darbysan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2016 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just following up on this thread. I found a company, AverysFloorMats.com, that makes several different qualities of mats for the Fiero. An option on any of them, for $4, is to add the heel pad. I bought one of the cheaper styles, for $59. It's OK, and will do the job, but the "nap" of the carpet is such that dragging a heel across the mat can make it look like it has big grease marks ( light grey mat). Brushing the other way makes the mark go away. I would recommend going with one of the higher grades of material. One they offer is Berber style that might go well with the stock carpets.

I found them on Ebay at a lower price than advertised at their home site. Some shopping around is advised.

As a final note, I was at our local upholstery supply store, and they had the heel mats there for $7. They said to just glue them on with upholstery glue. I may try that, and if I do I will report back.

------------------
'87 GT , '00 3800 Series II SC, 4t65e.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2016 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just following up on this thread. I found a company, AverysFloorMats.com, that makes several different qualities of mats for the Fiero. An option on any of them, for $4, is to add the heel pad. I bought one of the cheaper styles, for $59. It's OK, and will do the job, but the "nap" of the carpet is such that dragging a heel across the mat can make it look like it has big grease marks ( light grey mat). Brushing the other way makes the mark go away. I would recommend going with one of the higher grades of material. One they offer is Berber style that might go well with the stock carpets.

I found them on Ebay at a lower price than advertised at their home site. Some shopping around is advised.

As a final note, I was at our local upholstery supply store, and they had the heel mats there for $7. They said to just glue them on with upholstery glue. I may try that, and if I do I will report back.

Nice. Is their Fiero one shaped like the Fierostore / Lloyd mats?
PFF
System Bot
darbysan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2016 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are shaped like the "economy" mats shown on the Fierostore page.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2016 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They are shaped like the "economy" mats shown on the Fierostore page.

Cool that's the factory floor mat shape. Did you try and match color to the carpet?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 10-05-2016).]

darbysan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2016 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darbysanSend a Private Message to darbysanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, I just bought a medium grey. Mine's not a show car, just a cruiser. I think you can get samples of the material.
javt03

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2020 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for javt03Send a Private Message to javt03Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking for floor mats that might have the rubber insert where the driver's right heel rests when driving. I tend to wear out the floor mats in this area.

Anyone know of a company that makes such an animal, or have a recommendation for floor mats. I suppose if I don't pay a lot, I can afford to replace them every few years if they do wear out.

I've used these guys for a few projects. They're local for me and reasonable (new jersey). I don't know what their shipping is like.

[Edited by Cliff Pennock: Link removed]
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2020 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by javt03:

I've used these guys...

SPAM

hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2020 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For what it is worth many FWD car mats fit the Fiero floor well.

I have a set I use from my old 04 GTP I did not use as I had floor liners in it. The factory Mats fit perfect. So look for a set for a W body GM with a bad. It may save some money.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2020 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hyperv6:

So look for a set for a W body GM with a bad. It may save some money.

It was four years ago that the OP was inquiring, until a SPAM artist resurrected this thread.
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2020 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Michellin Tires make rubber floor mats with aluminum inserts have had them in all my cars for years. Have had 4 sets but longest lasting matt anyway.
Cant even see them in a web search but like these

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 12-23-2020).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock