Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  did anyone ever manufacture a vented side panel for the passengers side?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
did anyone ever manufacture a vented side panel for the passengers side? by adm927
Started on: 08-23-2016 12:01 PM
Replies: 4 (465 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 08-23-2016 07:14 PM
adm927

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for adm927Send a Private Message to adm927Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the drivers side vent is for air intake for the engine. Did anyone ever make the same panel for the passengers side? Just so the car would look the same from both sides?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't believe so. If anyone did, it was a one-off. There are panels with intakes, available, but not in the OEM style.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think anyone ever made a mirror image of the left side, but there have been and still are a number of aftermarket air intakes that balance the look, giving an intake on the passenger side. Some owners have made them functional on both sides. 3D printers would be a good method of reproducing the intake grill, but a quarter panel would need to be fabricated by hand.
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is one of my favorite mods I've seen - not specifically made for the Fiero, but a distant cousin.....

X19 intake scoops

One of my favorite mods - I was considering this until I picked up a set of Aussie Stage 2 scoops.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a turbo 3.4 push rod engine installed in an 87 Mera and use the passenger side scoop for my air intake (turbo blocks most driver side routes).

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 08-23-2016).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock