Started on: 08-23-2016 01:53 AM
Replies: 3 (105 views)
Last post by: J-Holland on 09-09-2016 03:51 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Club,

Your regularly scheduled President will be back on duty for the August meeting, but will need another fill-in for the September meeting... Now accepting applications! This months meeting will be at our regular location of Pappas BBQ for lunch from 11'ish to whenever.

***Now speaking about this September meeting!! It will be the 4th Saturday of September... BUT***...
THE MEETING WILL BE HELD IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PSN AT THE CAVANAUGH FLIGHT MUSEUM, Addison. So on Saturday September 24th, the PSN will open at 0830. Last year there was a long line at opening... A LONG line... It was because there was a nice photo op of your car with a P51 Mustang. While the picture turned out great, it sure did delay getting inside. Also it was nice last year to meet in advance and drive in as a group, it helped us all park together... They try to frown on holding spots, but somehow we managed to. Coordinate amongst yourselves for that.
It's a good show with lots of beautiful Pontiacs, I encourage everyone to go. Cost is $25, and if you pre-reg before Sept 1, you are eligible for a raffle. I recommend that not only for the prize, but it will cut your time in the registration line in half. Here are more details:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

October will be our regular scheduled monthly meeting on the 4th Saturday Oct 22. But the big news is ...
RUCKUS XV!!
R15, HALLOW-MENA, will be the last weekend of October. Join the OK and TX Fiero clubs for the traditional October show in the Sasquatch infested Broken Bow region of Oklahoma. We will be running the Talimena Highway and have some nice stops planned. The Lodge is fantastic, details at the club meeting and following emails and PFF and FB. This is a very desirable time to be in that area, one local described the Ouachita Mountains forest colors as a giant bowl of Trix cereal during the color change. I can't wait!! Also, we plan on some Halloweeny activities. Be prepared to get your spook on!

On a personal note... If you're a believer, please say a prayer for my family on Wednesday. Many of you know my dad fell through an attic in February and broke his back in 2 places and 6 ribs. Sadly, one little microbe of MRSA managed to find its way into his spine and take up residence in this process which began nearly a 3 month battle against this infection. A CT scan post treatment showed that it had literally eaten 50% of one vertebrae and 33% of another. Anyway... Saying all that to say that a team of doctors is installing 2 new titanium vertebrae on Wednesday. Such high risk. I mean your spinal cord is right there! Shudder. I didn't even know that was a thing. What a magnificent world that we live in that it is even possible.

Anyway... I hope to have good news when I See you all Saturday!

--blake moore

------------------

<---- did you buy Cliff a beer? ...............
@NorthTexasFiero , friend us on FB: North Texas Fieros , www.northtexasfieroclub.org

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 08-23-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2016 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your dad, Blake.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2016 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Mike. He came through well with a positive prognosis from the doctor(s)
J-Holland

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2016 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for J-HollandSend a Private Message to J-HollandEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blake. Do you have anymore Info for RR15? We have a get together tomorrow and the info would be handy.

Jim

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock