Snapperhead Performance Needs Your Photos by Snapperhead
Started on: 08-14-2016 10:04 PM
Replies: 34 (991 views)
Last post by: dremu on 02-17-2021 03:19 PM
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2016 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello All,

I've been doing a full overhaul on my websites and web store and I'm looking for two different kinds of photos.

1. If you have bought my products and have them installed I would really like a few nice photos showing the products off. Also a few nice over all photos showing your whole car off so I can put it in my customer gallery.

2. I'm looking for some nice photos of your car to put in my Fiero Gallery even if you don't have my products.

Please send nice photos not just the normal point and shoot style and they must have been taken by you. They can have models in the photos too if you like. The photos need to be a PG rating to put on the website but others are welcome too, maybe have to start a naughty Fiero site...LoL

Also please make a note of anything you want me to add to the file about you & the car.

You must also in the email give me permission to use the photo so I can use it for my website, marketing and such.

Some of the websites I will be using the photos on are: SnapperheadPerformance.com, Snapperheads.com, SnapperheadThreads.com, WorldwideFieros.com as well as others.

You can send the photos to my email: photos@snapperheadperformance.com

Thanks for your help.

Vince

------------------
Snapperhead Performance - Custom Hot Rods & Accessories

Worldwide Fieros - Your Fiero Resource Connection

Rides:
86 Fiero GT, Blue, V8 " Snapperhead" 2013 Fierorama Best of Show Non-Stock, 87 GT , 88 Formula 4.9 --- 10 Camaro, 64 Pontiac Catalina Convertible, 86 Yamaha Vmax, 06 Jaguar X-Type, 04 Trailblazer

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 08-15-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2016 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In your sig, the only threads that come up are the LED backup lights and hidden hitch...

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2016 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

In your sig, the only threads that come up are the LED backup lights and hidden hitch...

Thanks, I guess I should update my Sig..lol
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2021 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone heard from this guy??
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2021 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NightMare Cruiser:

Anyone heard from this guy??

He faded out of the picture a while back. He had some good products but then disappeared,

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2021 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vince moved on to bigger and better things.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2021 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:
You must also in the email give me permission to use the photo so I can use it for my website, marketing and such.

Some of the websites I will be using the photos on are: SnapperheadPerformance.com, Snapperheads.com, SnapperheadThreads.com, WorldwideFieros.com as well as others.
In Other Words... A Business spamming PFF wants Free License to do anything with pictures etc. from people w/o a clue.

Go And Pay Shutterstock, Getty, etc.

Others,
He's asking "permission" AKA Copyright License because any picture and more have © protection even before you get fully © from LoC. https://copyright.gov/
Improper Licenses can wave all © protection to him and the Business and everyone downstream of him.

Providing Photos etc like this often have problems and anyone doing so need to know and expect pictures and data will be edited, sold, used to sell other things and not just cars things without giving you even a Fraction of a ¢. Once you give License you have a very hard time to impossible to take back when you regret it.

FB, photobucket and others have repeatedly tried to make all pictures etc you put there w/ Permanent License to make FB more money selling pictures to everyone.
Imgur and some others already make any public pic free to copy etc and even sell them as part of ToS etc you "sign" to upload but didn't read. If you put Private Data and link to others they can make it Public and do whatever they want.

Before you give picture to any site suggest you read and understand "The Everywhere Girl"
http://www.weirduniverse.ne...the_everywhere_girl/
https://nypost.com/2017/07/...-face-of-everything/
Many other people pictures have been used to sell or support things they Do Not want to be related every as a "Stock Photo" and edited heavily.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave

[This message has been edited by theogre (edited 02-10-2021).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:
In Other Words... A Business spamming PFF wants Free License to do anything with pictures etc. from people w/o a clue.

Dude... could you be any more cynical?
Vince has done some nice stuff. Nothing wrong with wanting permission to post pictures of customers' cars. Jeez. Lighten the eff up.

(Old news anyway, but still... you have a habit of slamming vendors who do business here, and it's really getting tiring.)

ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Others,
He's asking "permission" AKA Copyright License because any picture and more have © protection even before you get fully © from LoC. https://copyright.gov/
Improper Licenses can wave all © protection to him and the Business and everyone downstream of him.

Providing Photos etc like this often have problems and anyone doing so need to know and expect pictures and data will be edited, sold, used to sell other things and not just cars things without giving you even a Fraction of a ¢. Once you give License you have a very hard time to impossible to take back when you regret it.

FB, photobucket and others have repeatedly tried to make all pictures etc you put there w/ Permanent License to make FB more money selling pictures to everyone.
Imgur and some others already make any public pic free to copy etc and even sell them as part of ToS etc you "sign" to upload but didn't read. If you put Private Data and link to others they can make it Public and do whatever they want.

Before you give picture to any site suggest you read and understand "The Everywhere Girl"
Many other people pictures have been used to sell or support things they Do Not want to be related every as a "Stock Photo" and edited heavily.

did you even look at the date on that post?

------------------
"I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

cognita semper

[This message has been edited by ericjon262 (edited 02-12-2021).]

skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh my gosh guys
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(random meme)

PFF
System Bot
dremu

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skywurz:

Oh my gosh guys

I'm a doctor, Jim, not a bricklayer. (Bonus points if you know the episode off the top of your head.)

-- A
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2021 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Others,

[/QUOTE]

Disappointed with you and your attitude. I always looked too you. But this comment is out of order. I know Vince and you are out of order.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2021 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So It was a "bump thread" and no didn't notice top Date only pop up again on first page.

I'm Not sorry and Don't care who is a fan boy. If I'd seen that years ago would post about same w/ original everywhere girl story but "The INQUIRER" (A Tech Trade Rag) closed and wiped then maybe sold.

Any business wants photo and other permission should remember TLA/BTR, and others, that used PFF then "closed shop" and change names to sell crap to other suckers. Yet Many Still think TLA are "best friends." Barf.

All I find is "Vince" has a business spamming w/o paying CP while doing it.
Some others did and still do same like old "munson" to other recent HL "upgrades" with problems to completely Illegal in many to most places.

Along same issues, Many people still think TFS is a "friend" to a "god" to Fiero world have forgotten or not bothered or simply no clue many parts are crap, high price even higher then GM dealers even 20 years ago, stolen tubes from RD then caught, and some items are still illegal. I cringe every time some fool in a parking lot etc tell me about how great TFS is. About the only thing different/good is TFS actually pays for PFF ads. Not even "God" RD has done that in entire time that I've seen and he's made a lot of money here.

And before idiots claim my cave makes money... Wrong.
Then Who Host? Was first a section of PFF but hard to update so then put on "free web" service as part of whatever ISP I had at that time. Comcast killed all web service so Now is at archive.org and no updates for years.
Why? It was written as a FAQ because CP refuse to make one years ago and No-one had time to repeatedly answer same Q every few days. Even now tech page is full of basically same few Q's. Other people link to or use things in the cave here too for same reason like links/copies of fusible link pic.
Then why the Watermark(s)? 3 of then added to nearly all "cave" pics because 1 ass stole whole sections from my cave and others to make a scam "blog." I still use same watermarks for most pic shown only on PFF for same reason. Very few will credit a pic even w/o steeling like the fake "blog."
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2021 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some others did and still do same like old "munson" to other recent HL "upgrades" with problems to completely Illegal in many to most places.

How did we go from a rant about a guy looking for free photos, to a rant about illegal headlight upgrades?

All I'm missing is a rant about brake upgrades and I've got "BINGO".

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2021 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The thing about most of the vendors, here, (in contrast to TFS) is that these vendors make/sell parts as a hobby. It's not their primary source of income, but if they make some coin in the process, more power to them. I'm quite okay with that. I've bought parts from several of them, and will continue to do so. (I've also provided pics for brochures, etc. Big whoop...)

If enough people troll the cottage industries who make items to support our cars, they'll likely just say "eff it" and go away.
And the trolls in their ivory towers will feel vindicated, because they won't have anyone to troll, any more.
But, by god, everything will be "on the up-and-up" and "legal".
*sigh*

Originally posted by css9450:
How did we go from a rant about a guy looking for free photos, to a rant about illegal headlight upgrades?

All I'm missing is a rant about brake upgrades and I've got "BINGO".

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-14-2021).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2021 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great.....so why don't we just let this thread die once again and stop wasting valuable space on the front page?
FieroStore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroStoreClick Here to visit FieroStore's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroStoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I cringe every time some fool in a parking lot etc tell me about how great TFS is. About the only thing different/good is TFS actually pays for PFF ads.

Hi ogre: We sell over 1500 Fiero parts, approximately 1/3 of which are manufactured exclusively for us because nobody else wants to invest in the tooling and inventory. We've had a pretty good run over the past 30 years, so there must be a few of our parts that aren't "crap" or overpriced. Thank you for the compliment though, we do pay PFF throughout the year to watch you badmouth us and several other vendors trying to keep Fieros on the road. Regardless, hope you're doing well.
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2021 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dremu:

I'm a doctor, Jim, not a bricklayer. (Bonus points if you know the episode off the top of your head.)

-- A

DREMU; Devil in the dark with the rock creature burrowing around the miners (And melting quite a few) on the planet Janus VI....

(And I think the Fiero Store does a damn fine job- the few times I've had (Fiero store parts) problems they have taken care of me- And they have helped me with other (Fiero-related) problems....(Too bad I can't find someone to help me with my Non-Fiero related.....Problems....)
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would be nice for someone to come out with a hidden hitch again!? I am sure I could make one but would rather pay someone else to do it. ha
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero store sells a hitch. Not hidden... I still say you should toss a luggage rack on the deck lid instead (inside joke)

[This message has been edited by skywurz (edited 02-16-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
Spadesluck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero store sells a hitch. Not hidden... I still say you should toss a luggage rack on the deck lid instead (inside joke)

LOL, not happening!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroStore:

Hi ogre: We sell over 1500 Fiero parts, approximately 1/3 of which are manufactured exclusively for us because nobody else wants to invest in the tooling and inventory. We've had a pretty good run over the past 30 years, so there must be a few of our parts that aren't "crap" or overpriced. Thank you for the compliment though, we do pay PFF throughout the year to watch you badmouth us and several other vendors trying to keep Fieros on the road. Regardless, hope you're doing well.

Ogre couldn't remember how to spell troll when he chose his screen name....
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No! it's just to protect ones' self. In this sue everyone world we now live in, a company needs to make sure any photos or images they use are ok'ed by the owner. Good example. Snapperhead sold trailer hitches. You send your picture in of the hitch installed. He uses the picture. After a few months you don't like that he uses your picture as a install picture or you two get in a pissing match over something. You could turn around and SUE him for using your picture without permission!! This way he has your permission to use your photo.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Others,

[/QUOTE]

NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NightMare Cruiser

2034 posts
Member since Aug 2009
BINGO!!!

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Ogre couldn't remember how to spell troll when he chose his screen name....

NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NightMare Cruiser

2034 posts
Member since Aug 2009
I guess no one has heard from him! The last time I heard from him was 9/2019. He said he was packing up his extra stuff for a few months as he moved to his new place!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ogre couldn't remember how to spell troll when he chose his screen name...

The Ogre may be rather critical and set in his ways, but to refer to him as a "troll" here is a little over the top. The Ogre has provided a heckuva lot of valuable Fiero information and advice at PFF over the last 22 years. I, for one, appreciate it.

Heck, the Ogre has even given me grief on occasion... but it pales in comparison to what the genuine trolls in OT spew on a regular basis.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much into dry humor, huh?

TFS seems to irritate the ogre.

dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many things seem to irritate theogre. I wonder if Hortas annoy him -- Eric, you're of course right, "Devil In The Dark", but the critter is the Horta, rather less famous than the Gorn. I go around saying "Horta Hears A Who"; apparently Seuss Trek irritates my wife.

-- A

[This message has been edited by dremu (edited 02-16-2021).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not much into dry humor, huh?

I understood the "dry humor" aspect of your post... but if it's just a joke that's being made, a smiley face of some sort is usually also added to one's online forum comment. I don't know for sure if you were giving the Ogre a shot, but I suspect you were... and that's entirely your prerogative. You've stated your opinion, and I've stated mine.

Ogre couldn't remember how to spell troll when he chose his screen name...

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
cvxjet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2021 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dremu:

Many things seem to irritate theogre. I wonder if Hortas annoy him -- Eric, you're of course right, "Devil In The Dark", but the critter is the Horta, rather less famous than the Gorn. I go around saying "Horta Hears A Who"; apparently Seuss Trek irritates my wife.

-- A

Oh Boy! WhadIwin? (I hope it ain't a "Good swift kick" 'cause I already get enough of those....) (And my favorite Dr. Seuss was "Thidwick the Big Hearted Moose"....)

dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've never personally dealt with Rodney, aside from multiple orders over the years, but TFS has been very helpful when I've had problems. They're the Fiero equivalent of a big box store; sure, they're priced a bit higher, but they have overhead to contend with, like answering the phones and handling returns

And solely because of this thread I ordered some stuff just now from Rodney *and* from TFS.

-- A
skywurz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh... you guys are still here? I called this dead 20 posts ago....
dremu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2021 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dremuSend a Private Message to dremuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oh... you guys are still here? I called this dead 20 posts ago....

Fat old guys like me gotta do something during the mandatory stretch breaks. When 800 years old you reach, work as much you will not.

-- A

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock