Looking for Carbureted 2.5 intake willing to trade by djcottrell
Started on: 12-31-2018 10:08 PM
Replies: 4 (369 views)
Last post by: AsaBergman on 01-19-2019 08:59 PM
djcottrell

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2018 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djcottrellClick Here to Email djcottrellSend a Private Message to djcottrellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know, I know why get rid of the TBI. I took a bet I could not take 2 84 Fiero damaged bodies and make an off road vehicle. Challenge Excepted. Due to the off-road nature I want to remove as much electronics as possible.

If you have an old intake and carb I will trade my my computer,harness, intake and TB. Everything is in full working order.

I am also willing to pay for an intake if you have one.

I would also be willing to purchase an adapter plate as well.

IP: Logged

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2019 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you wish to go with a carburetor on a Duke engine you would have to go back to the manifolds used on those engines made in the late 1970's and early 1980's. There were four generations of Duke engines made before the Tech IV. Because of this, those manifolds and distributors probably won't fit the Tech IV Fiero Dukes. Beyond that, you will need a good fuel pressure regulator with a return or a new fuel pump.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

djcottrell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2019 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for djcottrellClick Here to Email djcottrellSend a Private Message to djcottrellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The vehicle already has a racing fuel cell and Holley fuel pump with regulator and return line. I am just trying to track down an intake. They are not very common anymore. I have found a couple in Canada but the $500 Shipping is not worth the cost. I'm trying to track down something in the states.

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2019 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Click Here to Email GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Prob better off making an adapter plate to mount like a Rochester single barrel

AsaBergman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2019 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AsaBergmanClick Here to Email AsaBergmanSend a Private Message to AsaBergmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did a lot of research into this months ago. You're more likely to find what you need looking in non-GM cars actually, both AMC and Jeeps from the time used the duke and are easier to find than early 80s GM econo cars. You have to get it from an 80 to 83 duke so your options are very small. I found a carb intake and carb in an 82(?) AMC Spirit that worked. You'll also need an HEI distributor from the same engine and you'll need to make an alternate way to attach the throttle cable.

Ultimately I decided to stick to the TBI. In my opinion the electronics will handle off-roading just fine. I drive my 84 Fiero through water, snow, mud, cornfields, etc etc and never had an electronic fail. If you're going to offroad your real concern should be making the cooling system 100% and changing those front ball joints.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock