Mera for sale !!! by mafv8
Started on: 11-03-2013 05:01 PM
Replies: 28
Last post by: batousai666 on 02-10-2014 04:14 PM
mafv8

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mafv8Send a Private Message to mafv8Direct Link to This Post
For sale at a local classic car dealer, not mine just found it today, http://www.classicauto-showplace.com/node/19481 expensive but low miles.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fgt1988

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fgt1988Send a Private Message to fgt1988Direct Link to This Post
wow $20,000 very clean but I know very little on the Mera's but is that the original steering wheel on an 87- it looks like the earlier years steering wheel version but I could be wrong ..
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Look at the other cars in inventory. They're one of those places that likes to mark up cars. Are they worth it?
rcm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcmSend a Private Message to rcmDirect Link to This Post
The low market wont hold that price.A good mopar cuda is now 20-25k that is clean.Of course hemi and six pack cars are more.
He might be at 14k or so imo....
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Direct Link to This Post
Low miles and one of the few Mera's for sale I have seen that actually has Mera badges. But that price is too high.
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Direct Link to This Post
Deduct for 1987.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I would say right around $12k would be a good start. very nice car though!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
you can get the real thing for a couple thousand more.... ill take my project mera any day over it
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
I have sent an e-mail asking for more info on the power steering as well as the Mera build number. We will see if they respond.

Nelson
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcDirect Link to This Post
It is interesting to see pics of a low mile car, what parts are body color and which are black.

I have an 88 and my trunk weatherstrip does not have molded corners like the GT weatherstrips, my Fiero VIN says it was a Formula.

This Mera's weatherstrip is the same as mine, it looks like CC installed a pair of "D" plates and used the factory notchback trunk weatherstrip, kinda makes sense to lower their cost.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larryinkc:

It is interesting to see pics of a low mile car, what parts are body color and which are black.

I have an 88 and my trunk weatherstrip does not have molded corners like the GT weatherstrips, my Fiero VIN says it was a Formula.

This Mera's weatherstrip is the same as mine, it looks like CC installed a pair of "D" plates and used the factory notchback trunk weatherstrip, kinda makes sense to lower their cost.

I have two 1988 Meras and both of them use the same weatherstrip on the rear deck trunk area. One is a Formula and one is a GT.

Nelson
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
look closely as the sail louvers... One of them is broken, not surprising though as they are made of a very brittle plastic... mine have seen better days as well
jamesjtbest

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2013 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jamesjtbestSend a Private Message to jamesjtbestDirect Link to This Post
The price of the 1987 Mera was lowered to 15900.Its now in my opinion in the make an offer range.Ive seen the Mera up close at Classic Car Showplace.Its definately a n all orig low mile car.The only thing you cant see in the pictures are a few scratches in the paint.Sweet mera .
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
I spoke with the sales guy earlier today and this Mera does not have power steering. He concurred that this is an error after I told him what to look for. The Mera number is 7019 and the dealer does not have the missing piece of the sail panel.

Nelson

jamesjtbest

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2014 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jamesjtbestSend a Private Message to jamesjtbestDirect Link to This Post
Ladies and gentleman:Just looked up this Mera at Classic Auto Showplace it"s now down to $14900!!!!
jamesjtbest

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2014 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jamesjtbestSend a Private Message to jamesjtbestDirect Link to This Post

jamesjtbest

4 posts
Member since Nov 2013
I was nosing around at Classic auto Showplace a few days ago asked about the Mera and they said the owner is motivated to sell it .Maybe a bargain????????????
007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2014 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jamesjtbest:
Ladies and gentleman:Just looked up this Mera at Classic Auto Showplace it"s now down to $14900!!!!

Originally posted by jamesjtbest:The price of the 1987 Mera was lowered to 15900.Its now in my opinion in the make an offer range.Ive seen the Mera up close at Classic Car Showplace.Its definately a n all orig low mile car.The only thing you cant see in the pictures are a few scratches in the paint.Sweet mera .

Originally posted by jamesjtbest:I was nosing around at Classic auto Showplace a few days ago asked about the Mera and they said the owner is motivated to sell it .Maybe a bargain????????????

Dude, is this is your mera/delership? Your username is the same as the finance company listed on the website. You're a new member who has posted only 3 times, all in this thread.

[This message has been edited by 007DOUG (edited 02-06-2014).]

dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtDirect Link to This Post
Did a Troll just get sniffed out?
Bad Cornflakes

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bad CornflakesSend a Private Message to Bad CornflakesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dematrix86gt:

Did a Troll just get sniffed out?

LOL ! Nice.......
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
I have a 87 GT and would never think of trading my car door that. Sorry I'm not impressed by the Mera. I would walk by that car and never look back. My GT on the other hand, I can stand there and look at it, And say dear god that a beautiful car. And I have owned it for twenty seven years and still in love.
jamesjtbest

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jamesjtbestSend a Private Message to jamesjtbestDirect Link to This Post
I looked it up .By the way its JJ Best Banc Co. Not my company ive just never seen an all orig mera with low mi like this especially an 87.I beleive only 88 of these 87 meras were made
PFF
System Bot
AstroBDean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AstroBDeanSend a Private Message to AstroBDeanDirect Link to This Post
Well, we should really be nice to Classic Auto Showplace, because if somebody saw this car in their showroom "a few days" before 2/6, they must have a way to churn out low mileage MERAs out of thin air, because this car was purchased (by me) in December, and has been sitting in my driveway in California since mid January. Now if he could just brew up a nice 88 GT....

On a side note, if anybody ever needs a good tranporter, let me know. The company I used was very expensive, but the car made it from Troy, to SoCal in 4 days, and it was picked up from the dealer within 48 hours of me calling. Arrived with zero damage. Researching tranportation companies almost made me fly out and try to drive it back because they all have hundreds of horror stories.
Puck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckClick Here to visit Puck's HomePageSend a Private Message to PuckDirect Link to This Post
If it is your car why is it still advertised on the website and maybe jjbest will come back on here and promote his site again lol
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
"Page Not Found".

Feh...
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtDirect Link to This Post
I smell another Troll in our midths!! But he did have 2 more posts than JJbest.so.... Hes a Jr Troll.

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 02-09-2014).]

AstroBDean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AstroBDeanSend a Private Message to AstroBDeanDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, ok. So then what's this thing sitting in my driveway? And yes, that's a California license plate peaking out beneath the front bumper.

I'm telling you guys, the car is gone. Jr. Troll out....
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
This thread is confusing me. This is why I bought mine privately for a fraction of the cost of this one Needing some repairs so I can do my own thing with it
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Just clicked, http://www.classicauto-showplace.com/node/20919 , still there.

^^^ NOPE^^
sorry page not found

Originally posted by dematrix86gt:

I smell another Troll in our midths!! But he did have 2 more posts than JJbest.so.... Hes a Jr Troll.

ye of little faith earns no trust!!!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 02-10-2014).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock