FS:Delco AM/FM/CD EQ Radios with AUX in Added by Fiero Tom
Started on: 09-26-2013 07:17 PM
Replies: 28
Last post by: Fiero Tom on 10-18-2013 12:29 PM
Fiero Tom

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
For sale two Delco AM/FM/CD EQ radios that have been tested and all functions work including the CD player AND the AUX in (3.5 mm jack in the faceplate) for your MP3 players, $125 each shipped.

One radio is currently available ..... $125 shipped I'll post the actual picture of the radio the one pictured is the one I made for myself.

When you plug your auxiliary‎ cable into the jack, it will automatically override your radio.

You will need to purchase the wiring harness Metra 70-1862 and Metra 40-GM20 antenna adapters to install in a Fiero.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 10-27-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Direct Link to This Post
Will you be making more of these in the future?

------------------
-1986 Pontiac Fiero GT
*October 2, 2012
------------------

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
Are you the one making the modification? Do you have a trade in? I have one of these in my car (and love it- it looks and sounds great), however I'd really like the aux addition.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
I am the one doing the modification and based on demand will continue to make more, I'm not sure if I want to go the trade in route because of round trip shipping costs.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
The two radios currently for sale SOLD

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 10-12-2013).]

Robertzep2

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Direct Link to This Post
PM Sent
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
One sold and two to go ............ these are used radios so expect a little wear . SOLD

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 10-12-2013).]

My88RedGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for My88RedGTSend a Private Message to My88RedGTDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by My88RedGT:

PM sent.

PM replied.
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
PM sent!
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
I've been asked to add an AUX input to other radios, but I've only figured out how to modify the radios listed through trial and error and am not familiar with any other years or make of radios.

So if the radio you have doesn't look EXACTLY like the ones listed I can't modify it.
PFF
System Bot
Robb Craige

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robb CraigeSend a Private Message to Robb CraigeDirect Link to This Post
I do have the same radio.
how much for the modification?
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robb Craige:

I do have the same radio.
how much for the modification?

You pay for shipping from/to and $40, max shipping USPS should be $25 total if you use Medium Flat Rate box ... your cost max $65 .. you may be able to ship for less.
PePe-LePu_For_2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Direct Link to This Post
Hi,
Excellent mod idea! I have installed these radios in two Fieros thus far. They're pretty good units with the exception of the flakey volume control, and I always wished they had an AUX input. Would you be willing to share the How-To with those of us that already have the radio? I converted my Fiero to electric drive and as a result I often get a lot of EMI/RFI interference that messes up my listening experience. Having an AUX input would be very nice.

Thanks,
Marty

------------------

"88 GT converted to electric drive"

Robertzep2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Direct Link to This Post
Unit arrived safe and sound! Bump for feedback!
Robertzep2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Direct Link to This Post
I was playing around today with my Radio setup that I bought from Tom. I made a really cool discovery! I plugged my Motorola XPRT into the aux input and was listening to MP3's. While out for a drive, my phone rang the music stopped and I hit answer... to my surprise the audio from the call was coming through the Radio! Using the phone's built-in microphone, I was able to hold a conversation without holding the phone! I plan on exploiting my phone's voice commands to make this a complete hands free upgrade to my Fiero! I can not verify if this works on other phones, but don't see any reason that it wouldn't! If you have been looking for a hands free phone setup, or even the luxury of MP3's and CD's, you can't go wrong buying one of these from Tom!

[This message has been edited by Robertzep2 (edited 10-10-2013).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robertzep2:

I was playing around today with my Radio setup that I bought from Tom. I made a really cool discovery! I plugged my Motorola XPRT into the aux input and was listening to MP3's. While out for a drive, my phone rang the music stopped and I hit answer... to my surprise the audio from the call was coming through the Radio! Using the phone's built-in microphone, I was able to hold a conversation without holding the phone! I plan on exploiting my phone's voice commands to make this a complete hands free upgrade to my Fiero! I can not verify if this works on other phones, but don't see any reason that it wouldn't! If you have been looking for a hands free phone setup, or even the luxury of MP3's and CD's, you can't go wrong buying one of these from Tom!

It should work. The phone is treating the radio as headphones, so it's no different than wearing headphones and talking on your phone. As long as the phone is close enough to you to pickup your voice on it's mic, it should work fine.

Now, if you could get a bluetooth adapter instead of headphones, that would be the stuff.
eunospeed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eunospeedSend a Private Message to eunospeedDirect Link to This Post
Tom, do you have any more radios fro sale?
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
I will have one more available on Monday Oct. 14th and will post the picture of the actual unit when complete ..... one with seven band equalizer $125 shipped.

Originally posted by eunospeed:

Tom, do you have any more radios fro sale?

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 10-11-2013).]

jimlong67

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Direct Link to This Post
You Have a PM

I'll take the one W/O equalizer.
Give me your E-Mail for payment.
Is that one $105.00 ?

James long
623 N 5th Street
DeKalb, IL 60115

------------------
When I read about the evils of drinking.
I gave up reading.
2004 White Sebring Convertible
1986 Black Fiero GT

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
PM sent ...

Originally posted by jimlong67:

You Have a PM

Is that one $105.00 ?

James long
623 N 5th Street
DeKalb, IL 60115

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
An additional PM sent regarding your purchase.

You Have a PM

Is that one $105.00 ?

James long
623 N 5th Street
DeKalb, IL 60115

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
Monday Bump ......

have one Pontiac Delco AM/FM/CD EQ Radios with AUX in available for sale pictured ... same price $125 shipped.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 10-14-2013).]

Ponti88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ponti88GTSend a Private Message to Ponti88GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey whats up! I will take the one pictured. PM Sent. thank you.
Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
You have PM

Originally posted by Ponti88GT:

Hey whats up! I will take the one pictured. PM Sent. thank you.

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
The one pictured is still for sale ....................
jimlong67

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimlong67Direct Link to This Post
Tom
You have a PM
Jim

------------------
When I read about the evils of drinking.
I gave up reading.
2004 White Sebring Convertible
1986 Black Fiero GT

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
I've replied to your PM

Tom
You have a PM
Jim

Fiero Tom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero TomSend a Private Message to Fiero TomDirect Link to This Post
Weekend Special ....... one Pontiac Delco AM/FM/CD EQ Radio with AUX in .... only $75.... this one the CD player only works intermittently .

[This message has been edited by Fiero Tom (edited 10-19-2013).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock