My 1986 Fiero GT for sale in Kansas City by Chubbs
Started on: 09-23-2013 02:02 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: MulletproofMonk on 09-25-2013 04:40 PM
Chubbs

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChubbsSend a Private Message to ChubbsDirect Link to This Post
I just posted my beloved 1986 GT on Craigslist. Even if you're not interested in the car, most people feel the ad is worth a read. I have a dozen emails now expressing approval.

http://kansascity.craigslis.../cto/4083885360.html

I don't mention it in the ad, but I also have the 4 original wheels (with crap tires on them), a 3800SC motor that is good, but I started taking it apart to change gaskets in it, the associated transmission from a '98 GTP, and an F23 5 speed tranny from a cavalier. Those items aren't really included with the sale, but I'll make a hell of a deal on all of it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Sile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SileSend a Private Message to SileDirect Link to This Post
What do you want for the 3800 and stuff? I'm not far from you so I could come get it.
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Direct Link to This Post
Dang it, shoulda looked on here before I sent the email. Again, nice ad man. Good luck with the sell.
Chubbs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChubbsSend a Private Message to ChubbsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sile:

What do you want for the 3800 and stuff? I'm not far from you so I could come get it.

I'm thinking $400 for the motor, $100 for the automatic, $100 for the F23.

The f23 has about 96k miles on i from what I was told...it seems to turn free and work fine, but I have no way to test it.

The GTP transmission has 106k on it from what I was told, and I was told it works fine...but again, have no way to test.

The 3800SC is out of a '98 GTP and has 106k miles on it, and I was told it ran great. I started taking it apart to do all the gaskets in it (just because), so it's partially disassembled now. THe accessories are all off, the SC is off, and the intake manifold is off, but that's as far as I got. So far everything looks great, but I haven't pulled the heads yet to really inspect it. Everything turns free and it seems to be fine from what I have seen so far. I bought a full wire harness from Ebay, and the ECM is included. With reassembly, it *should* be ready to drop in.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Awesome ad and great deals for everything, good luck with the sale!!
brokeagain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brokeagainSend a Private Message to brokeagainDirect Link to This Post
someone flagged it. you must have had a pic of a gun or something
Chubbs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChubbsSend a Private Message to ChubbsDirect Link to This Post
I just now got the email that it was flagged. What a bummer. I didn't think there was anything in there that would have offended anyone, except maybe a slightly more profane word for "butt". How bad is that? It's the internet for crying out loud!

anyways, here's the new ad.

http://kansascity.craigslis.../cto/4089400535.html

Hopefully no one flags this one, but we'll see.

What does everyone think of my asking price? I thought it was pretty fair, but I haven't had much interest yet. Lots of email responses to my ad expressing approval, but not many that are genuinely interested in the car.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
The price is right IMO, at least up here in the Northeast I'd pay that much in a heartbeat- then again its tough with Fieros around these parts.
Sile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SileSend a Private Message to SileDirect Link to This Post
It got flagged again, I swear KC craigslist of full of trolls. I think it's a more then fair price on everything. I'm trying to sell a truck right now also though and a few friends in the business in the area of flipping cars. Not sure why but were all having problems ATM selling stuff just a tuff time to sell maybe.

My GF veto'd my ability to buy the engine sadly she doesn't understand why I need an extra though I'll let a few people know for you.
Chubbs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChubbsSend a Private Message to ChubbsDirect Link to This Post
Jeeze flagged again?!? What is wrong with people? Try to have a little laugh and someone gets all twisted up about it.

Here's my last and final shot.
http://kansascity.craigslis.../cto/4089792085.html

If it gets flagged again, I'll just wait a few days to post it again. Otherwise it's going to look like I'm top-posting all the time.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Can you post the whole "Fly-ass" ""young burt reynolds" ad here? I loved that thing and sent it to all my friends to read. In your CL account it should let you edit the old add so you can post it here. You sir are genius.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock