Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: 1987 Fiero SE w/ 3.4 DOHC crate engine swap (5-speed getrag)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

FS: 1987 Fiero SE w/ 3.4 DOHC crate engine swap (5-speed getrag) by Darth Fiero
Started on: 08-17-2013 08:32 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Jimmy2s83 on 08-30-2013 07:30 AM
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
It is time to sell the 87 SE. I swapped a new GM service crate 3.4 DOHC V6 in about 10,000 miles ago (the car has not been driven much for many years). The stock getrag 5-speed manual was rebuilt at the time of the engine swap & a new heavy-duty clutch was also installed. Shifts smooth and no grinding in any gear.

The body has 153,773 miles on it and it shows. The "gelcoat" is starting to come apart around the sunroof (typical sun damage) and the clearcoat is peeling off the paint. But aside from that, everything is intact and there is no major body damage. Typical spaceframe rust can be found in the usual areas, so I wouldn't consider this to be a "rust free" chassis. But it is safe to drive.

It has a working parking brake, digital cruise control, AM/FM Cassette Stereo, Sunroof, & I just installed a new heater core. The A/C does NOT work - needs custom lines, a new A/C compressor, and flush/charge. NEITHER the engine nor the trans leak a drop of oil. Runs great and is a blast to drive, I just don't think I'm ever going to be able to do anything with this car so it needs to find a new home. Asking $2250.00.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This car is also posted for sale locally (Fort Wayne, IN) so whoever shows up with the cash first gets it! Buying this car with this engine and trans is much cheaper than paying someone to do a swap (and you'll be lucky to find another new/low-mile service crate engine).

PM me if interested.

-ryan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rodrieguz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent , interested for sure!
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaDirect Link to This Post
Steal deal!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
GLWS! I wish I could take this off your hands
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!
Jimmy2s83

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jimmy2s83Send a Private Message to Jimmy2s83Direct Link to This Post
Thanks again Ryan!

Picked up the 87 Fiero and Ryan even found another set of keys to my 85! LOL.

The 87 made the trip without a hiccup. Absolutely love the sound of that exhaust!

Now to find a way to let go of the 85....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock