Started on: 08-14-2013 09:33 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: Frizlefrak on 08-21-2013 01:58 AM
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
SOLD___ SOLD ___SOLD___ to JCircs

We purchased a new home last Friday. Water was turned on today/ The hot water heater is over the living room ceiling. It dumped around 4 gallons of water before it ran thru the ceiling fan and light fixtures and we discovered the leak. So we now own a new home with est $4000.00 repairs to become liveable. Life happens!

I would like to sell everything I have gathered to swap in a 4T60.
Items included are :

4T60 with the correct converter. Verified 71K miles. 3.33 final gears. I still have a copy of the CarFax

Correct TCC plug to match the 4T60's round plug. You can repin your Fiero wires, or solder onto the male part connector.

Both CV axles, A1 Cardone rebuilds still in the box. 2 new axle nuts included.

Park/ Neutral safety switch to mate to the Fiero automatic harness connector.

Both forward and rear mounting brackets pulled from a 1989 Cadillac Deville. See next photo for the rear bracket. I have no image of the forward bracket.

The correct governor cap to convert to the Fiero speedometer wiring.

Both parts to make the Fiero automatic gear shifter work correctly with the 4T60. I had an extra shifter and cable. I verified the correct functionability.

New Vaccume modulator to make the shifts work at the proper time

New AC Delco 125c pressure switch to make the Fiero ECM control the TCC

Both CV shaft seals-replaced, also the torque converter seal. Also both side cover gaskets and a new WIX filter and lower pan gasket.

$700.00 for the whole swap. I will not part this out. Must be picked up somewhere between Houston-Dallas- San Antonio/Austin. I have a truck and can meet you with all the pieces. I will not ship.

PayPal prefered.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 08-23-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
dang joe.... sorry to hear about the water heater won't insurance cover it?

someone was telling me they wanted a 4 speed auto but I can remember who it was.

GLWS...

Edit: I remember who it was now. I sent him an email hopefully he will contact you.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 08-15-2013).]

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
We hadn't purchased a policy yet. We spent our cash to close on the house. Sorta sick at my stomach still.
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsDirect Link to This Post
If you decide to ship ill take it today.
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Direct Link to This Post
Joe, are you sure you didn't have to show proof of insurance or have it included in your closing cost. In most states it would be required, especially if a lending institution is involved. Paying cash may be a different story.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Cash sale.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
sorry to read about this Joe. You've done all the leg work for this swap, I am sure the new owner will be quite appreciative.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Joe,
Shipping with Fastenal is easy and painless. Weighing the items is the only problem.
Too bad you're so far away. We could have your damage repaired in a weekend.
fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Joe

Sorry to hear about house water heater deal. I have had one go before and understand the mess.

Best wishes,

Mike Parker
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Mike, Steve and Blake, thanks for the well wishes.
-Joe
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Joe,
Shipping with Fastenal is easy and painless. Weighing the items is the only problem.
Too bad you're so far away. We could have your damage repaired in a weekend.

Hey Joe did you read that? He said its really easy........ I'm first in line
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCircs:

Hey Joe did you read that? He said its really easy........ I'm first in line

I saw his post. This 'swap' kit is 120 miles away from me. I am hoping to be able to bring it to the garage o our new home this weekend. SHipping the converter will be a problem also as it still has fluid in it. And maybe 30lbs by itself.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 08-15-2013).]

Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Joe....I wish you were closer....I'd be all over this. I've got a bazillion things going on right now or I'd just hop in the truck and come and get it.

If it doesn't sell right away, maybe we can make it happen. I'd kill to have a 4th gear in my 86.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Joe....I wish you were closer....I'd be all over this. I've got a bazillion things going on right now or I'd just hop in the truck and come and get it.

If it doesn't sell right away, maybe we can make it happen. I'd kill to have a 4th gear in my 86.

I can load it all up and meet you somewhere in in between. I can be in San Antonio in about 3 hours, maybe 4+ for Kerrville
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

I can load it all up and meet you somewhere in in between. I can be in San Antonio in about 3 hours, maybe 4+ for Kerrville

Thanks Joe. If you get the chance, sell it .....don't wait for me. But if it doesn't sell quickly, I'm definitely interested. Kerrville would be a perfect halfway spot.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post

Thanks Joe. If you get the chance, sell it .....don't wait for me. But if it doesn't sell quickly, I'm definitely interested. Kerrville would be a perfect halfway spot.

Maybe a short visit to two of the 'Three Sisters'?
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Maybe a short visit to two of the 'Three Sisters'?

That would rock! Unfortunately, I'll have the truck and not the Fiero
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2013 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to about the house Joe.
That is an awesome price for that transmission with everything done. I wish I was closer. I don't even have a stock Fiero anymore, but I would put it in the garage for a "just in case" situation...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

Isn't it strange that after a bombing, everyone blames the bomber, his upbringing, his environment, his culture, his mental state but … after a shooting, the problem is the gun?

josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Weekend bump
larry mimbs

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larry mimbsSend a Private Message to larry mimbsDirect Link to This Post
I need an automatic shifter and shift cable, if you have one for sale.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2013 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Sold my spares before I moved in April. Sorry.
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Monday bump
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

That would rock! Unfortunately, I'll have the truck and not the Fiero

2 of the 3 Sisters - even in your truck is fun! Watch out for the Kangaroos!
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2013 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Monday bump

Sorry to hear about your house Joe - If I was still in El Paso, I'd come over and help you fix it up then load up that trans and haul it back to Dan!

Hope your repairs go well Joe!
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2013 05:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Good to hear from you Pat. How is your car coming along?
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

2 of the 3 Sisters - even in your truck is fun! Watch out for the Kangaroos!

Yes, we did encounter kangaroos once, didn't we?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock