Started on: 08-11-2013 07:47 PM
Replies: 22
Last post by: fierocarparts on 08-17-2013 12:52 AM
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2013 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
For Sale......fresh from what looked to be a decent little '88 coupe is a complete Gen. 2 headlight kit for you to upgrade your '84-'86 Fiero. It includes a complete & uncut wiring harness, all attached relays, module and a left & right motor in working condition. I do not have the headlight buckets themselves.....you will need to use your old ones (very easy to swap motors). Pictures will be posted later tonight. Price is $125 shipped.

I am open to a trade......straight up for a drivers side ("PON") fastback taillight assembly or the headlight kit + some cash for a pair of nice taillights. I have other stuff to trade as well.....just ask.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 08-11-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
125 SHIPPED !?! it costs me more than that to buy the stuff here - good luck with your sale ...
Fipronil

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested, What is your payment info.? Thanks.
carguy8t8

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carguy8t8Send a Private Message to carguy8t8Direct Link to This Post
PM sent
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

125 SHIPPED !?! it costs me more than that to buy the stuff here - good luck with your sale ...

I paid more for this one than I am used to......the junkyards down here in Texas are a little more proud of their parts than in Colorado, I guess. The next one I get will have to be priced a bit higher to make it worth my while.

mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2013 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

mrfiero

8996 posts
Member since Mar 99

Originally posted by Fipronil:

I'm interested, What is your payment info.? Thanks.

I will PM you with the details.

Originally posted by carguy8t8:

PM sent

Ditto.
fgt1988

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fgt1988Send a Private Message to fgt1988Direct Link to This Post
If anyone is looking for another set with wiring harness, I got one in working condition and will let it go for the same price off an 88 very low miles.....
fgt1988

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fgt1988Send a Private Message to fgt1988Direct Link to This Post

fgt1988

724 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Actually, I will hold off from selling until further notice - Sorry All.. more to come- - I need to be careful with shipping charges these days, I ve lost a lot of money last week quoting wrong shipping prices and end up losing serious money on all of my stuff I sold ...... TY for understanding .. ..
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:
I paid more for this one than I am used to......the junkyards down here in Texas are a little more proud of their parts than in Colorado, I guess. The next one I get will have to be priced a bit higher to make it worth my while.

what junkyard did you find the '88 in?
what's left?

thanks...
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2013 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

what junkyard did you find the '88 in?
what's left?

thanks...

Since I have pulled off all I really want or need I'll tell you......Pick N Pull Dallas South Central (address is: 8835 S. Central Expressway).

When I got to it on Sunday someone had taken the brake rotors (split each caliper and left outer half on ground) & radiator, but it was otherwise complete. Between Sunday & today, I removed the headlight motors & harness, the upper & lower control arms (with poly bushings!), near new KYB shocks and the steering rack. I left the springs & knuckles with the wheel bearings where the headlights used to be. I should probably have taken them too, but I already spent too much $$ this week on parts.

I also took the shifter console & center skeleton from the inside......someone else grabbed the throttle cable yesterday, I guess since it was there on Sunday and gone today.

The engine cradle and rear suspension are all intact and the calipers are there too (just need to reattach the outer half). It says "runs & drives" on the windshield, so the motor might still be OK. It's an auto. with 111K miles and looks to have been fairly well cared for. It does have a marginal quality repaint (Maroon), but the body panels seemed to look OK.....well, not the hood. It's been removed and is lying on the gravel paint side down across the way from the Fiero........it's probably trashed.

I normally wouldn't bother with the control arms, but since they had poly bushings already installed it was a good buy (they'll be going on my "new" '88 GT). It looks like the front end was rebuild not too long ago, but the rear suspension is original and pretty worn out. I decided against taking the rear links since I don't really need them.

Enough rambling......hopefully there's something there you need. Good luck!
Fipronil

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FipronilSend a Private Message to FipronilDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. Thanks!
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fgt1988:

If anyone is looking for another set with wiring harness, I got one in working condition and will let it go for the same price off an 88 very low miles.....

well, the going rate a few years ago was $179 + shipping - this is what PaulV was consistantly selling his for. Shipping now is $15 to $20. If you guys wanna knock the price down to $125 shipped, I'm not even gonna bother and the ones in the yards here can go to the crusher.

... and don't whine about why these cars aren't worth anything .....

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 08-14-2013).]

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
Not to dispute or anything at all. Just saying, look at this price. I wonder, is the seller a PFF'er.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fie...xp=mtr#ht_1033wt_907

Wow!
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

well, the going rate a few years ago was $179 + shipping - this is what PaulV was consistantly selling his for. Shipping now is $15 to $20. If you guys wanna knock the price down to $125 shipped, I'm not even gonna bother and the ones in the yards here can go to the crusher.

... and don't whine about why these cars aren't worth anything .....

I have always sold mine in the $125 range......obviously the dollar today is worth less than 10 years ago, so I do need to adjust the price, but my goal isn't really to make money.....just to cover the costs associated with pulling them off before they're crushed and gone forever. I paid, with tax & fees, about $88 for the kit......add $11.30 for flat rate shipping and I'm into it for right at $100. To me a 25% margin is OK, but again, I'm not trying to make a living at this (been there & done that to my financial detriment).

I've mentioned this to some people before, but I'll mention it here......I'm all about the quick flip. I don't like holding onto stuff for a long time. I would rather make a quick sale at 20-25% profit than sit on it for months on end to make 30-40% (or higher) margin. To me the carrying costs outweigh the additional perceived benefits of holding onto things longer and asking more for them.

I know this wasn't necessarily aimed at me, but I have never whined about Fieros not being worth anything. I have paid more for a lot of my Fieros than most sane people would. I guess it depends on your personal philosophy regarding purchases......do you buy something because it brings you pleasure or do you buy something based on what you can resell it for later?

As an aside.....the yard I went to here in Texas has locations in California that I have also been to. They overcharge you for everything, so I do understand that the costs are high when you del with places like that. I will be completely honest and tell you that when I was in Colorado pulling Fiero stuff from the local junkyards I rarely paid more than $20-$25 for an entire headlight set-up, so I was quintupling my money at that $125 price. I've also paid $10 for something that I later sold for $5......to me it all balances out in the end.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

mrfiero

8996 posts
Member since Mar 99

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Not to dispute or anything at all. Just saying, look at this price. I wonder, is the seller a PFF'er.

Wow!

This is a PFF member and in all fairness, his motors are completely gone through and rebuilt. Mine are used and while they do still work, they could die at any time. The most I ever do to my motors is replace the drive pins and lubricate the insides......I never touch the brushes/electric motor at all, so this isn't a fair comparison in deference to his kit price.
carguy8t8

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carguy8t8Send a Private Message to carguy8t8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Wow!

The cost of my kit is $285 after the $50 core refund. Subtract $125 which is what I typically pay for a kit with core motors and that leaves what I charge for rebuilt motors plus a little to cover eBay/PayPal fees.
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

To me a 25% margin is OK

that's not 25% because you'd still need to deduct >$4.25 gas to and from the yard AND post office, yard admission, fees & taxes the yards charge and packing. I'd guess that actually you're pretty close to even or less than $10 for your time.

i'm not against giving people a good deal, but you're talking almost 1/2 price. AND everyone who sees your sale expects EVERYONE else to sell the next one at that price too. Suppliers and supplies dry up when the 87 & 88's in high price states keep going to the crushers with their unique parts with them.

No offense, but "it's all about the quick flip" is some brainless reality TV slogan (maybe Storage Wars or Pawn Stars). In today's economy, that 10 real dollars buys a little more than 2 friggin' gallons of gas or 1/2 an adult meal at McD's.

Originally posted by fgt1988:

I need to be careful with shipping charges these days, I ve lost a lot of money last week quoting wrong shipping prices and end up losing serious money on all of my stuff I sold

EXACTLY - nothing is cheap anymore and you're losing money if you're not really careful, especially about the little stuff that is now a significant cost ...

I know this wasn't necessarily aimed at me

nope. just my feelings on seeing something i own devalued ....

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 08-15-2013).]

mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

that's not 25% because you'd still need to deduct >$4.25 gas to and from the yard AND post office, yard admission, fees & taxes the yards charge and packing. I'd guess that actually you're pretty close to even or less than $10 for your time.

i'm not against giving people a good deal, but you're talking almost 1/2 price. AND everyone who sees your sale expects EVERYONE else to sell the next one at that price too. Suppliers and supplies dry up when the 87 & 88's in high price states keep going to the crushers with their unique parts with them.

No offense, but "it's all about the quick flip" is some brainless reality TV slogan (maybe Storage Wars or Pawn Stars). In today's economy, that 10 real dollars buys a little more than 2 friggin' gallons of gas or 1/2 an adult meal at McD's.

Wow! Where to start? First off, gas here is $3.35/gallon and my 'junkyard picking car' gets 50 MPG, so I really don't spend much on gas. Sorry if that upsets anyone, but I probably spent less than $5 on my 80 mile round trip (and the post office is just up the street from my house). Also, I did include the taxes and BS environmental fees I was charged (which is how I came up with the $100 cost on the '88 kit I advertised). If you use a medium flat rate Priority Mail box and pay for it online it will cost you $11.30 to mail out a complete headlight kit (minus the buckets, of course). I don't charge people for packing stuff up unless it is unusually large or requires a custom made box.

You also assume that the headlight kit was all I pulled from the car. I pulled off a lot of things (most of which I haven't mentioned)....some I will sell and others will make it onto my new '88 GT. My goal is to sell the stuff I don't need and get the stuff I do need for free. So the costs are spread out more than you think.....not to mention that I am not looking to pay my rent by doing this. It's a hobby and I do it for fun. Yep.....I actually enjoy walking through junkyards buying random stuff that I think people might want. I never said I wasn't a little odd.

I probably sell one or two of these kits a year and that number will go down since I travel a lot for work and don't get out to junkyards much anymore, so I think you are safe with what you charge. I doubt very seriously that anyone will expect you to sell your kits for $125 because I did on a few sales.

As for my mantra (quick flip)....I've been saying that much longer than those TV shows have been around. It's nothing new. If you sell stuff a little cheaper than everyone else then you sell it faster, recoup your investment faster and move on to the next thing faster. I don't like tying up my money for long periods of time. If I can recoup my costs and pocket a few bucks in a day or two while making someone happy then I am happy too.

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
well, good luck to you. someone got a really good deal
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

well, good luck to you. someone got a really good deal

Thanks and sorry......the next one will be priced higher, I promise.

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
mrfiero is a great guy to get 88 parts from! I have picked up several items from him over the years and his prices are always very good.

(BTW, posting in this thread so I can leave you feedback on the throttle cable)
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

mrfiero is a great guy to get 88 parts from! I have picked up several items from him over the years and his prices are always very good.

(BTW, posting in this thread so I can leave you feedback on the throttle cable)

Thanks! Now that I finally have another '88 Fiero, getting me to part with '88 specific stuff may be more difficult.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
I agree, MrFiero sells parts in excellent shape for less than the "going rate"! If I think they are a bargain, I buy them up. Nice guy to deal with. If you feel his asking price is "too low", buy them from him and resell at what you feel they are worth. He's happy, you're happy. If MrFiero is willing to sell the parts for "no profit", let him. Buy the parts at "cost" and resell at higher prices.
Don't fault him for helping Fiero people by offsetting his cost to go to wrecking yard and time to package and ship items. If he was selling a Fiero worth $4-5K dollars for $200, I'd buy it and resell it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock