FS - GT standard wing stands by gtoformula
Started on: 06-23-2013 07:12 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: gtoformula on 07-07-2013 08:20 PM
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2013 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaDirect Link to This Post
I've got a pair of stock wing stands, but I'm really selling the RH side for $25.00 and the LH side is free. They are both painted metallic copper. The RH side is perfect, no scratches, it has both mounting studs, the three screws that hold it to the wing and also the gasket which is still pliable and has no cracks or splits. The LH side is broken in two places ... both at the decklid mounts. If you are handy with plastics or fiberglas you may be able to make it work, but I'm just giving it away with the sale of the RH mount. Shipping is $10.00 for a grand total of $35.00. I didn't both taking pictures as this is a stock mount ... nothing unusual to show.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gtoformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaDirect Link to This Post
Weekend bump.
SLOWnSTEADY

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2013 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYDirect Link to This Post
what's the difference between the fastback and notchie wing stands...? and can you post pics?
gtoformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaDirect Link to This Post
Slow,
I will send you a PM as a heads up. Below is a link to a thread that I replied to when I had a set of wing stands FS. I sold that set of wing stands about a year ago, but including the link so that you can see how they mount. Perhaps someone that owns a coupe/notchback can chime in here, but I think that both models use the same wing stands. Note in the picture in the link that there are three threaded holes to use the studs that mount the stands to the decklid. If you would really like pictures of the stands that I have currently listed then please copy me back from the PM that I am sending to you. I will take pics tomorrow and post for you. The only difference between the stands that I am currently selling, and the ones in the previous link, are that they are painted copper and one has damage (really selling one stand and just giving away the other).

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/062756.html
gtoformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaDirect Link to This Post

gtoformula

761 posts
Member since Feb 2012
Here's the good one. Both sides including the gasket and mounting screws.

Here's the bad one (free one). If someone was good with expoxy or filler materials these areas could be filled, shaped and painted. I don't have the time.

SLOWnSTEADY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYDirect Link to This Post
pictures aren't working...?
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Pictures are working. Flush or change your DNS?
92wastheyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:

Pictures are working. Flush or change your DNS?

They weren't working before ....now they are
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearDirect Link to This Post

92wastheyear

418 posts
Member since Jun 2013
Question for anyone: What makes these left handed vs right handed or vice versa? They look symmetrical to me ...what am I missing?
gtoformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaDirect Link to This Post
They are close, but not quite symetrical. The ends or slightly offset. I inadvertently attempted to mount them on the incorrect sides once and found that they don't line up properly. You'd think that GM could have reduced the production complexity by making them identical, but guess not.
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtoformula:

They are close, but not quite symetrical. The ends or slightly offset. I inadvertently attempted to mount them on the incorrect sides once and found that they don't line up properly. You'd think that GM could have reduced the production complexity by making them identical, but guess not.

Lame. Too bad too...I could use a lefty one....and these are even painted the correct color
PFF
System Bot
SLOWnSTEADY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYDirect Link to This Post
What's your paypal, my friend...?

[This message has been edited by SLOWnSTEADY (edited 06-30-2013).]

gtoformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2013 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SLOWnSTEADY:

What's your paypal, my friend...?

PM sent with PayPal info.
SLOWnSTEADY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYDirect Link to This Post
payment sent...
gtoformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaDirect Link to This Post
Payment received and follow up PM sent. Should ship out tomorrow.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock