87 GT w/ 3800 v6 For Sale by FieroFish
Started on: 06-21-2013 12:41 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: nealreno on 10-21-2013 09:14 PM
FieroFish

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFishSend a Private Message to FieroFishDirect Link to This Post
So, I've decided that keeping my Fiero is probably not the best idea going forward. I have a lot of time and money into the car, but probably wont have the resources to complete it. I'm posting first off to get a feel of what I can get out of it. I have over 5K into the car, and I understand I wont get that out of it, but if its only going to fetch $1000, I'm probably going to find a way to keep it.

Pictures to be posted soon.
Description:
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT

• Series II Engine electronics from a 1998 Oldsmobile 88 (PCM, throttle body, injectors, coils-new, alternator (110,000 miles on these components)
• All wiring done by a friend and I
• Series III 3.8L L26 Engine from a 2008 Buick Lacrosse. Started with 4000 miles on it, up to approx. 14,000 miles on it now
• 2008 Lacrosse Aluminum intake with ZZperformance Throttle body adapter to run the series II throttle body
• Body and other components have approx 78,000 miles on them. (still driving it some, so this will increase)
• 5 Speed Manual (Getrag)
• Engine/trans mounts and dogbone from west coast fiero
• Cast Iron flywheel from West coast fiero
• Macleod Clutch and Pressure Plate – Stage 2
• Timken Throwout bearing
• 1998 Olds PCM programmed by ZZPerformance with their Sandrail program
• 165 degree thermostat
• Custom Magnaflow exhaust with No Cat’s (Trunk slightly reduced in size) (Single inlet, dual outlet)
• Newer Fuel Pump
• New Wipers
• Sony CD Player – may not come with car, haven’t decided yet
• New Spectra heater Core
• Rock Auto A/C Delete Pulley (Rest of AC system is present and I have a working? compressor, just didn't want to pay for the custom tubing to hook it up)
• New Headliner
Cheap Winter tarp goes with car too.

The car would also come with a significant amount of spare parts. I'm not going to list them all, but they range from headlights, to a set of doors from a Fiero 2M4, Partially working tilt steering column etc.

Known Issues:
• Subframe rubber mounts most likely need to be replaced (this should have been done with the engine swap but wasn’t)
• Fixed body damage on passenger side and passenger door – but door still rattles while driving
• Interior of car was flooded out last Fall. The carpet is currently out of the car. Floor pan has some rust damage, but the “plugs” were patched with new steel. Some rust removal and possibly partial replacement is necessary, particularly on the passenger side
• Parking Brake does not work.
• Car needs a new paint job.
• Some of the black trim around the car is missing
• Small crack in transmission case by rear mount when engine was swapped. Blacksmith shop welded it up and it has not given me any problems.
• Drivers seat worn and torn, passenger seat has slight tear and burn hole
Small Cracks in the dash and corners are chipped
Fuel Tank did not seal correctly on fuel pump replacement. It will leak if filled past 7/8" full
Passenger side quarter window missing

Let me know if you're interested. Located in Holland, MI

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2013 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Wow another 3800 in west michigan.

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
87 GT 3800SC
FieroFish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFishSend a Private Message to FieroFishDirect Link to This Post
Pictures

FieroFish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2013 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFishSend a Private Message to FieroFishDirect Link to This Post

FieroFish

124 posts
Member since Nov 2009

Originally posted by solotwo:

Wow another 3800 in west michigan.

Yup! This Fiero originally came from the NE side too!

FieroFish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFishSend a Private Message to FieroFishDirect Link to This Post
Can I get any price input from anyone? my chances of selling this thing for more than $1000 any good? Or am I just best keeping it? Anyone interested?

Thanks,
Dune

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DuneSend a Private Message to DuneDirect Link to This Post
I sent a PM. My father may be interested, he's getting the itch to have a sports car for the first time in his life.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Whats the mileage on the chassis? I see it is around 80k. That's good. I would think you could get more than that. What is the trunk like? Inside and out? Rear frame rails?

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 06-26-2013).]

FieroFish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2013 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFishSend a Private Message to FieroFishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

Whats the mileage on the chassis? I see it is around 80k. That's good. I would think you could get more than that. What is the trunk like? Inside and out? Rear frame rails?

Here are some pictures of the trunk, frame rails, and exhaust. There is some rust and a hole in the trunk on the drivers side, but the frame is quite solid. I painted the subframe with a brush on Rust-Oleum paint before my first engine.

FieroFish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFishSend a Private Message to FieroFishDirect Link to This Post
I am reposting my Fiero. I hadn't tried to sell it over the summer as I reassembled the interior. Everything is back together. I'll just be honest and say that I'm reluctant to sell it since it drives so nice and quiet with the interior reinstalled and loose door latches fixed. Also replaced the rear brake calipers, pads, and rubber hoses.

Here is a link to my craigslist add with updated pics: http://grandrapids.craigsli.../cto/4116544977.html
FieroFish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2013 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFishSend a Private Message to FieroFishDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Price is flexible. Make me an offer. Worst I can do is say no.
FieroFish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFishSend a Private Message to FieroFishDirect Link to This Post
Bump.

Price reduced. Would kinda be nice to get rid of it before the snow flies here in MI.
PFF
System Bot
nealreno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nealrenoSend a Private Message to nealrenoDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock