WTB: Factory Radio w/ EQ by ShockWave
Started on: 04-22-2013 03:36 AM
Replies: 29
Last post by: ShockWave on 03-19-2014 06:24 PM
ShockWave

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for a replacement factory radio as my cassette deck has some annoying quirks.

WORKING cassette deck w/ auto-reverse is a must.
EQ is a must.

I'd love to get my hands on a pushbutton model if any are out there... there is one on eBay that's been refurbed and modified with the AUX jack, but it is not within my budget.

Thanks!
--JR
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMeister

Feedback score:    (63)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
JR, I have an all pushbutton unit out of my '86 SE that was refurbished by a shop many years ago and never re-installed in my car. I'd be willing to sell mine for half the price of the one on Ebay, but, I have no way of testing it. Although pretty much everything in it is new, it's been setting on a shelf in my house for a long time. I'll try to send some pics when I get home from work.
Of course, if the unit does not work you can send it back for a full refund minus shipping.
Hope that helps.
Good luck in any case!
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Sending PM...
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
It sounds like you've found your stereo, but just in case......I have a nice non-pushbutton EQ radio from a low mileage car (everything works perfectly).
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
PM received and replied.
I'm going to try and post those pics tonight.
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post

FieroMeister

1278 posts
Member since Feb 2000
Sorry for the delay.
Here are the pics. If you have any questions you can reply here or send me a PM.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
I'll try to get a better shot of the second pic tomorrow in the daylight. It's supposed to show the model number and date of original manufacture of the radio.
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2013 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Ran into a snag; bump just in case.
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2013 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
JR, sorry about the snag with the radio, but, thanks for giving it a shot.
Hopefully someone here can step up with another unit that is snag free.
Please help JR out if you can.
Positive feedback to JR for the effort.

[This message has been edited by FieroMeister (edited 04-28-2013).]

partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
I have two of the all button radios.
Don't know if the cassettes need the belt replaced or not, easy to do.
Great condition, no sticky screwed up buttons.
$50 for both plus shipping.
Let me know if interested and I will test everything and post pics.

BTW, the cassette section in many Cadillacs are the same, have swapped them out several times.

[This message has been edited by partfiero (edited 04-28-2013).]

ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2013 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Sending PM!
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2013 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Bump to keep options open...

[This message has been edited by ShockWave (edited 05-03-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Bump
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2013 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
bump
trivet

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trivetSend a Private Message to trivetDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

------------------
Tim
'87 GT Auto
Med Red Metallic
78K miles
Bay City, MI

ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Bringing this back from the dead as I am once-again looking for a replacement deck (it never worked-out last year).

Thanks!

--JR
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post

ShockWave

2026 posts
Member since May 2007
Bump
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Again...
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Does it have to have an equalizer?
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2014 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Yes; I got a whiff of an EQ unit and I'll never go back to the two treble/bass sliders.

[This message has been edited by ShockWave (edited 03-04-2014).]

ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Bump
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2014 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
I have one with a build date of 87. It has a volume and tuning knob with balance controls, a 5 band equalizer and base boost. It has auto reverse and search. I have a bunch of radios, but this is the latest year in the style I think you want. I'm assuming it came from my 87GT in favor of a later style with CD. Email me an offer to include shipping, estimated to be maybe $15. If it doesn't work, I'll refund full price except for return shipping.

I also have a late 90's Pontiac radio with 7 band equalizer and cassette.
Charlie

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 03-06-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Did you find one?
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
I am waiting to hear back from someone on the Fiero facebook group with a pushbutton unit that works - if it doesn't work out I'll keep you in mind. Thanks.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
FWIW.
Having been into many of these radios...
The cassette sections of the EQ radios are the same, with pushbuttons or knobs. It's fairly easy (1-2 connectors and a few screws) to swap out.
The cassette section in the non-EQ radio is different, and will not work in the EQ radios.

My apologies if I'm stating the obvious.
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceDirect Link to This Post
I have one that you can have for free, if the Facebook offer doesn't work out.
bb
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 04:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

FWIW.
Having been into many of these radios...
The cassette sections of the EQ radios are the same, with pushbuttons or knobs. It's fairly easy (1-2 connectors and a few screws) to swap out.
The cassette section in the non-EQ radio is different, and will not work in the EQ radios.

My apologies if I'm stating the obvious.

I've found that the EQ radios had tape decks made by Blaupunkt - little more high-end than the standard Delco units, and that is why they're not swappable.

Originally posted by Bruce:

I have one that you can have for free, if the Facebook offer doesn't work out.
bb

Can you confirm everything works? If so I'll take it; I just don't want to be shipping turds back and forth. Thanks!

Also I have a preference to the pushbutton units, but will settle for the knobs if it comes to it. (Sorry I'm picky...)
Bruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceDirect Link to This Post
It's the all push button model with the five band equalizer (let me check)...crap; I can't find it. I hope I didn't take it to Goodwill with the stock speakers.
Let me get back to you, after I double check my garage
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2014 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bruce:

It's the all push button model with the five band equalizer (let me check)...crap; I can't find it. I hope I didn't take it to Goodwill with the stock speakers.
Let me get back to you, after I double check my garage

Awesome - if you find it let me know and I'll take it (will cover shipping), even if it doesn't work I'll just send it out for repair. Thanks!
Bruce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceDirect Link to This Post
I found it!
Send me your address, and I'll mail it out this week.
Best regards,
Bruce
ShockWave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! PM sent...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock