Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Complete 3800SC swap, DIY Stu dew wipes, stock exhaust tips, and more

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Complete 3800SC swap, DIY Stu dew wipes, stock exhaust tips, and more by Dementia
Started on: 04-04-2013 10:03 AM
Replies: 38
Last post by: Dementia on 05-12-2013 09:27 AM
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
All prices are OBO PLUS SHIPPING.

Still have a few parts left from my swap that are ready n perfectly good to reuse. Sold my chassis so I have no need for any of this. I done the swap in 09 n had good time with it and a lot of fun collecting parts. Now I need money for my new project non Fiero for now. So feel free to negotiate with me, just don't offer half please. Ill get pics of the new items up soon.

WCF mild steel 3800 stock routing headers in great shape without egr tube. $400.00 plus shipping

3800sc wiring harness with egr, evap, BBv delete. Mounts PCM in trunk, c500 connections are tapped inside behind the console to clean up the engine bay. $400.00 includes PCM that will start n run the car but will need tuned to your specific set up to be perfect

3800sc auto axles both made from Fiero manual axles and has the HD trans tripod $300.00
Custom engine n trans mounts to work with these axles. Made by me a s tested with a 12.0 car. Ill throw in the heim joint that I used for a lower dog bone mount $100.00

Alternator mount set up pictures below, works great looks way better than any set up I've seen. I ran a 98 alt but also had an 05 alt mounted with this part. $100.00

Series III engine minus blower, lim. Sold
Gen V adapter to N* tb with lq4 maf Sold

brand new looking stock GT exhaust tips $80.00

Gen 2 headlights 35.00 ea

DIY stu dew wipes Sold
Fiero store dew wipes. Sold

Check back I might remember more parts!

[This message has been edited by Dementia (edited 05-12-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
I will take the dew wipes if they are a complete set and you dont mind shipping to Canada...So if i need both the fiero store and the DIYSTU's to make a complete set I want both please.. Thanks!!!
Flux

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FluxSend a Private Message to FluxDirect Link to This Post
i need the n* adapter plate (no TB or lq4 maf) if you're willing to part that out.

Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry I should've been more specific, both dew wipes are outers. I don't have any inners as mine were good.
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post

Dementia

958 posts
Member since Jul 2007

Originally posted by Flux:

i need the n* adapter plate (no TB or lq4 maf) if you're willing to part that out.

I'd rather keep it together right now but I will entertain offers on the complete set up
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
That is a clean looking swap. I wish I was in the position to make a deal with you on it. Good luck with your sale.
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
I will take the DIYStu outers then please..pm sent with mailing addy to calculate shipping..
Kenn07

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kenn07Click Here to visit Kenn07's HomePageSend a Private Message to Kenn07Direct Link to This Post
Why are you selling it?
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Ok I got you down for th DIY Stu outer wipes. As for why I'm selling is because I sold the chassis this was in and now I have no need for this. I don't have a Fiero anymore
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2013 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent for complete swap
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
PFF
System Bot
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
PM sent regarding swap.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm curious as to why you are selling it if it runs fine
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

I'm curious as to why you are selling it if it runs fine

As he previously stated, he no longer has a fiero, just this powertrain drop out from when he sold the frame.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Will you sell the exhaust sepret?
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
If you put power to the harness, rig up an ignition switch of some kind and feed it fuel you can fire it out of the car for a potential buyer. I have a small jig I use for this along with a fuel pump I drop in a fuel can. Might help with your sale. Dan

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to all I've been under the weather the last few days. Dan I will try to do that so all can see n hear its good motor.
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Bump for better offers than grand to 1500.00 for everything. I may start selling parts n peices soon.
zmcdonal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. One thing I forgot to ask is if it is emissions friendly with EGR intact?
Flux

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FluxSend a Private Message to FluxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dementia:

Bump for better offers than grand to 1500.00 for everything. I may start selling parts n peices soon.

if so please contact me about the N* adapter plate i'm looking for one
daved

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davedClick Here to visit daved's HomePageSend a Private Message to davedDirect Link to This Post
Just a few questions....

1/ Would the trunk have to be cut to clear the exhaust?

2/ Is the ECM mounted in the original location?

3/ Would the battery have to be relocated to accomodate this engine?

4/ Any cutting into the trunk lid or hinges?

Thanks,
Dave
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I've been contemplating this since you first posted the sale/part thread for the car.... Do want.
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Well it looks like interest to starting to heat up. I answered a lot of questions through pm and thought I'd answer some here so all would know.

First the swap has wcf headers made of mild steel and no exhaust from there, trunk doesn't get cut. The PCM I mounted in the trunk because I didn't like how big n bulky it was behind the console. It's a partially polished PCM also so it looked shiny to see. The coil packs I mounted just inside the ps deck lid hinge. Also when running the gtp sc tensioner the hinge doesnt need cut but if you run the Buick sc tensioner you will have to cut it.

This set up doesn't have any problems clearing the battery in the original spot but mine was moved anyway to clean up the engine bay. So my PCM and battery were trunk mounted. Throttle and shift cable brackets are still mounted up. Not much is needed to get your swap going with this.
Heater core hose
Fuel pump and fuel line
Fill tee for coolant or bring me your stock Fiero one n ill make it
About 10 wires to hook for power n gauges
Battery cables

Ill add more to the above as I get asked, have work now. I would also be willing to mount this on your cradle if you come here. No suspension or nothing on your. Then all you really need to do is put it back up in.
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2013 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
A friendly bump
j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2013 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Direct Link to This Post
PM sent
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2013 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossDirect Link to This Post
You Sir ---- Have a PM
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2013 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Engine still For Sale?? Might be needing to take a road trip!!
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2013 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Yep most things are still for sale. Ill separate all of it so whatever you need just let me know.
j bf1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2013 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Direct Link to This Post
Hmmm, I guess you never read my PM
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2013 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by j bf1:

Hmmm, I guess you never read my PM

Yep I read it just didnt have time to check it yet. Sent pm with price to FL.
PFF
System Bot
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2013 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Paid!
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
As said above ^^^ engine is sold, trans is also sold so that's getting close to all of it. Still have headers, axles, home built 3800 mounts, machined alternator spacer n some shims for low mount alt, 3800 auto wiring harness with BBv, evap, egr delete.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
What did you want for the harness & who made it ?
UK86GT4.9

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UK86GT4.9Send a Private Message to UK86GT4.9Direct Link to This Post
DIY Stu wipe sold yet?
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Sorry the DIY wipes are long gone, I do have the Fiero store one that I'd do at a good discount if interested. Purple I built the wiring harness and had it on my combo for years without issues. It also mounts the PCM in the trunk. I'd like somewhere in the 300.00 range for it.
UK86GT4.9

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UK86GT4.9Send a Private Message to UK86GT4.9Direct Link to This Post
PM sent for fiero store wipes
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Hmm.... Axles and mounts?
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Bump for parts that are left. Good parts that need a home and project to feel wanted. Also left feedback for those who have bought.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock