Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS - New In Box V6 Distributor Pick Up Coil - also works on some 4 cyl.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

FS - New In Box V6 Distributor Pick Up Coil - also works on some 4 cyl. by FieroMeister
Started on: 03-27-2013 01:20 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: MEL H. JOHNSON on 12-01-2013 12:52 AM
FieroMeister

Feedback score:    (63)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! Thanks everybody!!

A few have asked for close up pics so I added a couple of close up pics for a better reference. Hope it helps.
I have a couple of V6 distributor pick up coils for sale. These also work on '85 and '86 4 cyl. engines and possibly others.
I've repaired and restored quite a few Fieros over the years and this is one of the parts that I always kept on hand.
If your Fiero runs rough or has a bit of a miss or stumble/stutter and cruising speed then this may be the culprit.
Comes complete with all the pieces to install and instructions.
Get your Fiero running smooth again. Easy install.
Asking $15 each delivered to your door (CONUS)

[This message has been edited by FieroMeister (edited 07-25-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
Would these work only on stock distributors or would they fit on the newer style ones?
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
That is a good question and I am sorry to say that I don't know the answer.
Sorry.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks LornesGT!
Looks like one of these may be sold and one is left.
This is a really good preventative maintenance item. I can say from plenty of experience that many folks don't realize that their Fiero is not running in it's best form until they change out that old coil and are quite pleased with the results! A cheap improvement in performance and fuel economy in most cases.
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent.
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Sir!!
One still available!
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
Weekend bump.
One still available.
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
Another bump.
One shipped and one left!
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if the plug was different for the newer style distributers pick up coils if they could just as easily be cut and spliced. If we could confirm somehow I'd love to take it off you hands
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
Well, you're the second one to ask about that. If the new style is a 2 wire piece then maybe so. The trick I guess would be to find out if the coil is basically identical between the 2. I don't have one of the new style, but, I'll see if I can get some detailed pics of the coil and post here. If someone has one of the new styles available for comparison they should be able to look at the pics and tell.
PFF
System Bot
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMeister:

Well, you're the second one to ask about that. If the new style is a 2 wire piece then maybe so. The trick I guess would be to find out if the coil is basically identical between the 2. I don't have one of the new style, but, I'll see if I can get some detailed pics of the coil and post here. If someone has one of the new styles available for comparison they should be able to look at the pics and tell.

It would be great if someone were to take the time to post a pic so we could tell. I would if I could but my Fiero is in the shop
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
ttt
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2013 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
ttt
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
bump
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
ttt
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
Added a couple of close up pics to help folks determine if this part will work for them.
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
One still available.
Great item to have as a spare, just in case!
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
bump
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
bump
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2013 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
Simple, cheap, quick and effective winter project!!
Bump to the top.
PFF
System Bot
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
To answer an earlier question; yes these should work perfectly in the new-style distributors.

I installed one of the new-style distributors in my car. I cleaned it up and installed a new pickup coil and ignition module in it (the distributor came from the junkyard; it was from an '86 Chevy Celebrity but it was almost new and had the new-style magnet ring and pole piece) and installed it in my Fiero. Works perfectly.
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for that input. Hopefully it will be helpful to others!
Changing these out really can make a difference in performance. The do deteriorate with age.

[This message has been edited by FieroMeister (edited 11-27-2013).]

MEL H. JOHNSON

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post
I'll take the last one if you still have it!!!!
FieroMeister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMeisterSend a Private Message to FieroMeisterDirect Link to This Post
Mel, still have the last one and it's yours if you want it. Replied to your PM as well.
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!
MEL H. JOHNSON

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONDirect Link to This Post
I had a Great Thanksgiving & the coil is mine !!!! Thanks Larry

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock