1987 GT Turbo needs to go by LAKERSFAN
Started on: 03-16-2013 05:16 PM
Replies: 31
Last post by: LAKERSFAN on 03-19-2013 08:04 PM
LAKERSFAN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAKERSFANSend a Private Message to LAKERSFANDirect Link to This Post
Sadly car needs to go. Some idiot driving on the wrong side of the road hit me last June. Frame is fine, but there is some metal work needed. Bumper was bent and metal around headlight bucket needs to be pulled and straightened (see pics). So fenders and bumper cover need to replaced or fixed too. I was just getting ready to paint the car before it was hit. So here is the good. There is a lot of money in this car, mostly from the previous owner. The guy bought the best of everything. Most of the upgrades were done around 1999-2002, but they have less than 8k miles on them. It pretty much sat in storage while he owned it and I used it very little untiI I could get the smog taken care of. The car runs and handles great. Would make a great track car. I just don't have the space or time to fix or part it out (that would be a shame). All the motor, turbo, and suspension work was done at The Fiero Factory. Have about 15k worth of receipts for everything but the turbo. Here are some of the items.

Ryane Motorsports Suspension
Slalom front suspension system
Rear bump steer kit
Vented brake kit with Wilwood calipers and proportioning valve
Ryane/Bilstein coilovers
1" front and rear swaybars
Poly bushings
Mr Mikes seats, visors, door kits, and headliner
3.4 GM crate engine
Heavy Duty clutch (dont know make)
Design 1 stage II turbo kit
Pioneer cd/mp3 player, upgraded speakers
Brand new 7 year battery
Lloyds floor mats
Custom gauge cluster
16" SSR Japanese rims w Dunlop Z rate tires
Stu outer dew wipes (great product)

$2500. I think thats a good deal even with the repairs needed. Beware California folks, Smog nazi's don't like the turbo kit.

Please let me know if you have any questions ************SOLD*************** pending sale.

[This message has been edited by LAKERSFAN (edited 03-18-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Wow, I'm not in the market for one at the moment but if you were in the area I'd be hard pressed not to buy it. GLWS!
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
*edit*
for some composure.....i just got a 3800 swapped 1987 OEM Blue (painted black) but i want the blue back and i want that engine for my Mera!!
why sooo far away? i am very interested. i will know more later in the week.
i got a new job prospect so if this happens, consider it gone

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-16-2013).]

coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post
i would kill to have those beautiful seats
mnstrfiero

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mnstrfieroSend a Private Message to mnstrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Insane list of parts, noticed the wildwood brakes, coil overs, tubular suspension... Laundry list of goodies!
LAKERSFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAKERSFANSend a Private Message to LAKERSFANDirect Link to This Post
Yeah it seems buyers are always on the other side of the country. I bought it from someone in Michigan. It was about $600 to have it shipped. Forgot these parts...

Rodney Dickman Comp Shifter
Fiero Thomas shifter and ebrake boots.
128k miles on the odometer

This is they only place I have offered it so far. I well put it up on Ebay or list it locally if no one on the forum wants it.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Damn why didnt you list this back in January? This is the car I was looking for. Not that the car I now have is bad, but this just has what I want............. a suspension that I can do solotwo with!!! & manual transmission. And a little Gingerman & Grattan track days. Oh I see the rear suspension is stock with bump steer kit. Nice interior and I like that Blue! I like the 16" all around vs the 17 & 18's that I have.

Damn may be I should sell my car now that I have taken care of a few things and get this car?.
Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe 1st Fiero hit in front end, totaled
87 GT 3800SC 2nd Fiero

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 03-16-2013).]

iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
im thinking about it! Thats a nice ride!
LAKERSFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAKERSFANSend a Private Message to LAKERSFANDirect Link to This Post
Solotwo ---- I was still hoping the guys insurance company would come through back in January, otherwise I would have listed it then. The rear bump kit includes different control arms, I will try to post of pic of the rear. Had always planned to take it to Willow Springs, but never made it. Previous owner had the suspension set up a little stiff for street use. Its all adjustable, I just left it as is. Its too much fun in the corners to change.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-16-2013 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Checking for change under couch... there is a lot of your car that I want. I need to reread this in the morning.
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
after some heavy thinking.....i will have to let it simmer. sorry.
the extra $$ for shipping has me a month out from the total dollar amount. bummer
plus i wanted to come get it and drive it home, but its hard to take a week off a job I just got

have at it.....good luck for a quick sale.
i will be lurking tho.............

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-17-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-17-2013 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
How many miles on the suspension, brakes, engine, turbo setup, etc.? You may have posted it, but I do not have enough coffee in my veins just yet.

"Most of the upgrades were done around 1999-2002, but they have less than 8k miles on them." OIC.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 03-17-2013).]

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
What is the HP?
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Tony, buy it and let me get a ride the next time I visit Washington
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-17-2013 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Tony, buy it and let me get a ride the next time I visit Washington

If ya ever did come out this way, you have a bed to rest in, food, and a clean shower. I just like to cuddle though. . Heck, I have no issues with competent people like you driving my GT.

I think the logistics are out for me. I am not rich. Still trying to move some things around. Not out just yet.There is just so much that I want on that car. Heck, I have everything to repair it. I want to swap the cool parts onto mine, then take my new parts on yours. Argh!
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I just like to cuddle though. .

What are the odds? Me too . Woah you're talking to a guy who blew reverse while doing a highway pull

Whoever gets this car is one lucky SOB, even though I'm not financially in a position to be buying toys- this car makes me not care haha.
LAKERSFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAKERSFANSend a Private Message to LAKERSFANDirect Link to This Post
Quad GT---- never had it dyno'd so I wouldn't want to guess on the HP. The Design 1 website says the stage II can handle 9-10 psi, its only running 6 psi right now with a conservative tune. Im sure there is a lot more HP to be had from a different tune.
hyphynator1984

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyphynator1984Send a Private Message to hyphynator1984Direct Link to This Post
ill pick it up. im in fallbrook ca. just gotta ask some things.
registration?
runnable?
passes smog??
LAKERSFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAKERSFANSend a Private Message to LAKERSFANDirect Link to This Post
hyphynator1984---- yes its currently registered, expires in May. The car runs fine, everything works but the AC and the drivers side headlight wont pop up because of the metal damage im guessing. The turbo kit does not have a CARB number, so you are on your own regarding smog.
carguy8t8

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carguy8t8Send a Private Message to carguy8t8Direct Link to This Post
PM sent.
coolcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coolcatSend a Private Message to coolcatDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
LAKERSFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAKERSFANSend a Private Message to LAKERSFANDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with carguy8t8, car is sold!!

Thank you everyone for your interest. Stan I hope you enjoy her!
carguy8t8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carguy8t8Send a Private Message to carguy8t8Direct Link to This Post
I sold my 88 GT t-top 5-speed with the Design 1 turbo 2 years ago and have regretted it ever since. I can't wait till she is in my driveway!
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-18-2013 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carguy8t8:

I sold my 88 GT t-top 5-speed with the Design 1 turbo 2 years ago and have regretted it ever since. I can't wait till she is in my driveway!

Keep us posted as to her progress. I saw so many possibilities in this car. I am actually happy that she will be loved.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Darned nice car heading to the mid west!
hyphynator1984

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyphynator1984Send a Private Message to hyphynator1984Direct Link to This Post
your a lucky guy carguy8t8. Keep us updated on the car
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
I guess I can stop looking for shipping quotes lol
gremlin87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gremlin87Send a Private Message to gremlin87Direct Link to This Post
where can i find info on the suspension pieces thats on this car?
iluvsd619

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for iluvsd619Send a Private Message to iluvsd619Direct Link to This Post
Dang I missed it!
carguy8t8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carguy8t8Send a Private Message to carguy8t8Direct Link to This Post
Can someone recommend a good shipper? I submitted a request for a quote and received 30 replies.

[This message has been edited by carguy8t8 (edited 03-18-2013).]

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gremlin87:

where can i find info on the suspension pieces thats on this car?

http://arrautmotorsports.co...pension-information/

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread

PFF
System Bot
LAKERSFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAKERSFANSend a Private Message to LAKERSFANDirect Link to This Post
Already feeling the withdrawls. Stan hope she meets your expectations. I have a feeling I will be buying another one once I buy a house.

[This message has been edited by LAKERSFAN (edited 03-19-2013).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock