3800sc II Fiero for sale $2500 FIRM by Blue87Fiero
Started on: 01-15-2013 04:09 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: batousai666 on 01-20-2013 08:11 AM
Blue87Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
Up for sale is my 1987 base coupe with a 3800sc motor and a 4t65E-HD trans installed. I believe the motor is out of 1998 grand prix I do not know the milage but I do know it was a higher milage motor because I had to replace the coupler. The grand prix had an engine fire that melted the a bunch of stuff but I pieced it back together and it runs fine, I just wanted to point this out. I have put arond 4000 miles on the swap the last 3000 I havn't had any problems the first 1000 I was working out some problems.

I am selling it because

A) I am starting grad school in the summer and wont have a place to store the car at my apartment
B) storing it for 4 years would cost over three grand
C) I wont have a use for a car in four years and I could use the money

The trunk has been cut and I welded in a piece of sheet metal and trimmed the trunk carpet so its not a big hole.

It has aus sides scoops (stage 2 I think there the squarer ones if that makes sense) I molded on the door piece and its not perfect but you could swap out the doors with a gt one. But I think it looks ok as is.

FieroX mounts. I got one new from him and the other two from someone off the forum
18 inch enkie's which are pretty much brand new with new tires about 5000 miles
drilled slotted rotors
new master cylinder
ss brake lines and fuel line
ss braided hoses
it has an exhaust set up its real simple 3 inch no cat
3.4 MPS
4inch intake its made out of PVC pipe, spectra air filter, and a fernco couple
polyurethane bushing kit (cradle bushings and everything else except the front is not done yet)
rear tie rods and ball joints
New shocks and struts KYB
3 core aluminum radiator. The trans cooler is not hooked up I cross the threaded the line so I added an aftermarket cooler.
I por-15 a bunch of stuff
cut a half a coil of the rear

The interior
its black and red
new carpet
mr.mikes leatherette seats
fiero thomas visors
sony sub under the dash I built the box and never smoothed it out and made it look nice but its hidden away
sony speakers in the back and audibahn in the front
black seat belts
I redid the headliner but it has started falling back down
It comes with a scan gauge II

It has a fairly good amount of vibrations in drive at a stop sign, I don't know if this just the poly or its the crappy dogbone I made but I usually pop it into neutral at stop lights because it bugs me
The paint is not in good shape the picture is deceiving in the pictures.
It needs the deck lid and hood replaced.
The passenger side mirror is cracked
The side markers are mostly broken or fallen off.
The oil dipstick tube it a B*tch to check and I tried to make it easier and just made it worse....so you would probably want a new dipstick and dipstick tube
The driver side door needs new hinges or bushings or something because it sags.
The interior is missing a couple pieces, the cig lighter surround plastic thing and the shifter boot are the first things that come to mind and probably a couple other things

I replaced the radiator fan with an after market one and I would switch back at some point it doesn't fit right and is kind of jerry rigged in there but it works fine.

It has rust on it I will get a good picture of the bad rust spot when I have time to jack it up in the air and take a few pictures, I just don't feel like it right now because its cold

I am sure I am forgetting something

Pictures should follow shortly if I can figure pip out.

If you are interested PLEASE ask questions I don't want to miss lead anyone. Then when they show up to look at it thinking its some type of show car, this is a project/hobby car but it does run and drive with out any issues.

email

Carson_shell@hotmail.com

$2500 FIRM

[This message has been edited by Blue87Fiero (edited 01-15-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
Pics

Sorry PIP gives me problems

http://imageshack.us/g/1/9967125/
kikinz24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kikinz24Send a Private Message to kikinz24Direct Link to This Post
Sounds like a solid start for someone who is "afraid" to do a swap on their own.and you've seemd to have put a lot of time and money into it. If I didn't start my 3800 swap I would have considered this .. wifey doesn't want 3 fieros :/ .. anyhow good luck with the sale...

Ps. Is the car auto or stick? If stick what kind of clutch is in it?
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2013 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
its an auto it runs and drives fine. It just needs a lot of little stuff done to make into a nice car. I have been driving it to school and back 75 miles round trip for two days a week last semester.
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2013 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump
kikinz24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kikinz24Send a Private Message to kikinz24Direct Link to This Post
Bump for a nice looking ride.
gen2muchwork

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkDirect Link to This Post
looks nice in the pics, and its nice to get something with the bugs worked out. Looks to be a good deal to me

GLWS!

linked your photos for ya
I have to admit, I thought it would be blue

[This message has been edited by gen2muchwork (edited 01-17-2013).]

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
Sure wish I would have seen this 5 months ago. I would have bought this instead of my 88gt.
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2013 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting those pictures for me I appreciate.

Edit: it used to be a Blue 87 coupe but I put the gt bumpers on it and side scoops and I had to paint it because it was 3 different colors. The paint job really needs to be redone to look nice. But it was a learning experience.

[This message has been edited by Blue87Fiero (edited 01-17-2013).]

batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
so i have to ask.........will this make it back to Kalamazoo on its own??

i have been in the market and need to drive home what i buy and this sweet ride may qualify

thanks in advance...........
Daniel
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
shouldn't have a problem making it to kalamazoo.
PFF
System Bot
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Direct Link to This Post
Very nice car. Beautiful.
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blue87Fiero:

how about Pewaukee WI? lol
I wish I knew people in your area who could trailer it for a cheap rate.

best of luck!!
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

AWESOME!! i see we got a storm comming this weekend so i am tied up with that, i remove the snow....
and i have to check with the snow boss to see if he has my $$. this weak winter is killing him, so i may not have access to the Money he owes, me. i have to check. but that is not my only option

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

*edit*
i have made an offer in a PM..........i am ready

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-19-2013).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
SOLD IT! SOLD IT! SOLD IT!
i bought it, bought it, bought it!!

thanks for the delivery Carson and my hope is with you for your future!!!
thanks for everything
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
I better see this thing driving around town now.
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
Yup sold

I am really going to miss it, it was my first car.

I will be out of the fiero world for at least four years but after grad school I am going to build another one.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
I was really straining my brain trying to come up with a way to swing buying that car. Looked like a sweet deal. I was telling one of my buddies about it and he was pretty interested, and like 15 minutes later I saw the post that it sold. I hope the new owner enjoys it.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2013 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

I better see this thing driving around town now.

dont blink PEEEEOWWWNN!!
yes the new owner loves the feel of that power.......so much so that MotherNature finally threw a yellow flag down in the form of white snow. no playing today with my other 87 Fieros plate, good. i need a long, dry, warm day to get to know it better. today i will take my average of a 1000 pics looking at the hard to see spots up and under....i think red pinstripes on a photo editor, too. no driving,today at all, eh?

THANKS FOR THE SMOOTH TRANSACTION Carson, you the boss!! good luck with your schooling whereever it takes you

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 01-20-2013).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock