Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  How Rare Are These "Fi-Air-O" Over The Roof Air Scoops And What Are They Worth?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

How Rare Are These "Fi-Air-O" Over The Roof Air Scoops And What Are They Worth? by canfirst
Started on: 11-14-2012 10:33 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: fierosound on 11-16-2012 08:22 PM
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstDirect Link to This Post
Just curious how rare these "Fi-Air-O" air scoops are and what they would be worth now?
They are in excellent condition and include both fastback deck lid grilles with holes drilled for mounting the air scoops.
This way you can keep your existing deck lid grilles in original condition and not have to butcher them up.
At this point I'm just curious about how rare they are and their value, but if I get an attractive offer, I may reconsider.
BTW, these were mounted on my 88 Fiero GT with C & C factory ordered T-Tops.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------
Now new owner of a Black TTop 88 Fiero GT and owner of a Silver 88 Fiero GT. Also a second time owner of an 85 Fiero GT. Bought my first fully loaded Red Fiero GT new in 1985. Fiero's are Fabulous, Fix'em and have Fun! Note, Avatar picture is Mr. Bean (not me, ha ha).

[This message has been edited by canfirst (edited 11-16-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post
they sell on a few sites i have seen for a couple hundred bucks each. i bought my set used for an even hundred for both
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
FYI the decklid grills were designed by GM to let out the hot air inside the compartement ... putting those on defeats the purpose of the grills ... IMHO if the were affective everyone would have a pair on ... but beleive me this comment is gonna open up a can of worms ... hold on to your tutu ....

regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

Turbowedge

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeDirect Link to This Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes what Danyel said, on both counts . Hot air rises, and my vents have a little help with a couple of 10" fans. If they could be ducted somehow into the intake, that would be a different story, it would be a true Ram Air setup. GLWS

[This message has been edited by Turbowedge (edited 11-15-2012).]

amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerDirect Link to This Post
Besides not letting the hot air out they are a pain to take on and off after they are installed. I would cut your loses and sell them.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
hey... We all thought they would have looked cool back when we were 17!! At a certain age though, huge scoops, giant rear wheels, etc do start to look "odd".. I guess am officially an old fart!!
gambler85

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gambler85Send a Private Message to gambler85Direct Link to This Post
Are urs for sale?
gambler85

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gambler85Send a Private Message to gambler85Direct Link to This Post

gambler85

292 posts
Member since Nov 2010
i gave u an offer through your pm. let me know if that works for you.
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstDirect Link to This Post
Found this info about Fi-Air-O scoops on a previous post:

"quote
Originally posted by FirstDrCar:

How much do Jimmy's automotive sell for new?

I was quoted about $400 shipped to East Texas a couple of years ago--maybe 3 years. I passed on them and bought a used set."
87FieroSport

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportDirect Link to This Post
Well like I said, that was a few years ago.
If you were/are looking for that price, GLWS.

For half that price I can make my own. Just didn't want to do it in the winter.
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2012 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post
i wouldnt sell them for less than 200.00 plus shipping no matter what people on here might say
PFF
System Bot
86fiero3.4

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fiero3.4Send a Private Message to 86fiero3.4Direct Link to This Post
They arent really "rare" that i know of.
Theres only a couple people that like or want them.

I would go 200$ shipped if i wanted them.
thats about all they are worth unless someone is in great need for them.

------------------
Cody - 86 SE 3.4pr/4 speed

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I had a pair on an 85 silver notchie. I paid $150 shipped for mine but they did not come with grates. I only put the left one on as I wanted to make sure I had some ventalation in the engine bay.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2012 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
They were designed for 84's with the center vent on the decklid.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock