Looking for a specific '87 Fiero by Brown79TA
Started on: 10-20-2012 09:31 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: FieroGT42 on 11-24-2012 09:12 PM
Brown79TA

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2012 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brown79TASend a Private Message to Brown79TADirect Link to This Post
Hello all,

I am looking for a 1987 Fiero with the VIN 1G2PE11R8HP238317. It's a maroon coupe with a tan interior and 2.5/automatic driveline. It looks like the car was last licensed in Wisconsin in March of 2011. My wife and I bought this car new back in February, 1988 and would really like to know if the car still exists and if so, what kind of shape is in.

[This message has been edited by Brown79TA (edited 10-20-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Try contacting a private investigator. Possibly they could find this car for you. Many charge about $55 an hour plus any expenses.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Try running a carfax. First thing that will tell you is any accidents and the last registration... Might even show you if it has been crushed.
Keep in mind that from 88 until now that car might have a different body color, interior, motor...

Edit: Whoops. Looks like you know the last place registered... My bad.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 10-21-2012).]

Brown79TA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brown79TASend a Private Message to Brown79TADirect Link to This Post
Hmm. Private investigator. I certainly hadn't thought of that angle. I'm not sure the Mrs. would want to spend the money on that unless we knew the car was in good shape. It did occur to us that with a rather plain driveline, it completely different now, or may not even exist anymore. But just the fact that it was still around and just across the state line (we're in Illinois) as of March, 2011 made us wonder if we could find it.

Just in case, here's what it used to look like:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Brown79TA (edited 10-22-2012).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Direct Link to This Post
You can call the Wisconsin DMV and give them the info on the car with the vin num and they can look it up to see if it has been registered and or title turned in.
I had a 87 that looked identical except it had grey interior.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 10-21-2012).]

Brown79TA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brown79TASend a Private Message to Brown79TADirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about the Wisconsin DMV too. I just wasn't sure how much, if any information they would give me. But hey, it's worth a shot. My fear is I'm going to find the thing and it'll be in good enough shape that we'll want to try and get it back. Then we'll have to decide what to do with the '88 Formula we picked up in the Spring of 2011. Decisions, decisions.
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2012 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brown79TA:

I was thinking about the Wisconsin DMV too. I just wasn't sure how much, if any information they would give me. But hey, it's worth a shot. My fear is I'm going to find the thing and it'll be in good enough shape that we'll want to try and get it back. Then we'll have to decide what to do with the '88 Formula we picked up in the Spring of 2011. Decisions, decisions.

That 88 formula would be a nice gift to me?

Good luck finding it, jealous of that trans am.
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2012 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
There is a maroon coupe just like that in Menomonie, WI. The guy tried to sell it, but wasn't successful. I can take a look next time Im over that way.

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 10-22-2012).]

Brown79TA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2012 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brown79TASend a Private Message to Brown79TADirect Link to This Post
That would be way cool if that was the same car. If you don't mind checking out the VIN sometime, that would be great.

Originally posted by Phirewire:

That 88 formula would be a nice gift to me?

Good luck finding it, jealous of that trans am.

At least I was smart enough to hang onto the Trans Am. I deprived it of a stablemate once. I couldn't do it again.

Brown79TA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2012 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brown79TASend a Private Message to Brown79TADirect Link to This Post
Just curious if anybody else in WI has seen this car. Thanks.
sirtimeless

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sirtimelessClick Here to visit sirtimeless's HomePageSend a Private Message to sirtimelessDirect Link to This Post
Cant vouch on the vin, but a guy in town here just sold his Fiero with those exact specs. Never got his name, just creeped on it every time i drove by :P
PFF
System Bot
jasonfox

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-23-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxDirect Link to This Post
Carfax is a ripoff. Try these guys. Cost you all of less than $5.00

http://www.vinaudit.com/coupon=PSTX_50OFF
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2012 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerDirect Link to This Post
There was one on the Atlanta CL like this. Don't know if it's the one you're looking for.
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-24-2012 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerDirect Link to This Post

Dburger

811 posts
Member since Aug 2012
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
There are often people on here doing free Carfax checks. Maybe you could start there.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock